2 person table on Independence in December

fla33023

I'll be celebrating my friends 50th birthday and this will be my first cruise with just 2 people. We're married with kids and only see each other once a year so there is plenty to talk about. We are mainly looking forward to long meals without interruptions. I saw on another site that it can be hard to get a table for 2. Is this true? We're not against mingling but would rather spend meal time talking and laughing about our personal lives. Is this a request that can be made in advance? Thanks!

I'll be celebrating my friends 50th birthday and this will be my first cruise with just 2 people. We're married with kids and only see each other once a year so there is plenty to talk about. We are mainly looking forward to long meals without interruptions. I saw on another site that it can be hard to get a table for 2. Is this true? We're not against mingling but would rather spend meal time talking and laughing about our personal lives. Is this a request that can be made in advance? Thanks!

We've never had a problem getting a table for two on Indy or any other cruise we've been on.

We are usually MTD and request it at the desk, occasionally there maybe a short wait, so just ask when you dine.

Were off on Indy again next weekend and will be doing just that.

Edited by Gingerbint

We spent two weeks on the Indy last year and had no problems getting a table for two with mtd. Of course, the tables were so close together it wasn't very private.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not private, I agree but one doesn't feel obliged to talk to one's neighbours, not like sharing a table. It is all in the mind.

Edited by Sue's Mom

Not private' date=' I agree but one doesn't feel obliged to talk to one's neighbours, not like sharing a table. It is all in the mind.[/quote']

That's perfect. I saw a post from a woman who was unhappy with how long it took her table to get through a meal. I certainly don't want to hold anybody up and dont want to feel like we're being rushed.Thank you!

• 1 month later...
Send an e mail to rcldining@rccl.com about 3 weeks before your cruise.

The #1 reason I HATE sailing RCCL, EVERY other cruise line we have sailed we can request a "table for two" and we ALWAYS get it. BUT NOT on RCCL. On our only RCCL I stood in line for more than 2 hours on embarkation day to try to request a table to two (it is my DH's only requirement for cruising) when it was finally my turn, I was told "lady you are lucky if you get a table at all"! That was the beginning of "the" worst cruise of our lives! We hate RCCL, they are the worse!!!! Of course, the poor family in front of me had a father, mother, elderly mother, 2 very small children and an infant - RCCL had them at 4 different tables! The infant was at a table alone - as was the very elderly mother - the 2 small children were at a table with the father and the mother was at a table alone! The dumbest thing I ever saw. I suppose I was lucky my DH and I even had a table. We were at a table for 10 and DH refused to go to the MDR and eat with 10. So we went to the buffet and had a table for 2. The next night we tried again and this time there was a woman there NOT the idiot that was there the night before. She told us that if we would wait 10-15 minutes she "would" get us a table for 2. We saw 2 men carrying in a table and sure enough, she set up a table for us that we had the rest of the cruise. But many other 'very' negative things kept happening that week, it just got worse!:mad::mad:

That has been quite a few years ago, we are giving RCCL another chance as there is a group cruise, "The Kenda Cruise - The Homicide Hunter" that we really want to go with, so we are going to try again! Wish us luck!

Edited by luvbluseas

My husband and I sailed Indy on Dec 3rd - booked in late October and requested a table for 2. We were pleasantly surprised to get a table for 2, right next to a window! Fingers crossed things work out well for you too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Will do! Thank you.

Seeing you live in Miami just drive over to RCI and request in person. Just kidding. In your email to rcldining@rccl.com make sure to include your sailing date, ship, requested table size and booking/reservation number. We have never had a problem getting a table for two on any of our RCI Cruises.

Edited by davekathy