Royal lunch on embarkation?

Gctw

My apologies if this has been asked already, wondering if any of you have suggestions on where to go for lunch on the day of embarkation besides the buffet?

This will be my first time sailing on the Royal so I'm not certain if there are any tips or secrets places where perhaps it's not quite as packed that you can grab a bite while you wait for your cabin to be ready. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My apologies if this has been asked already, wondering if any of you have suggestions on where to go for lunch on the day of embarkation besides the buffet?

This will be my first time sailing on the Royal so I'm not certain if there are any tips or secrets places where perhaps it's not quite as packed that you can grab a bite while you wait for your cabin to be ready. Thanks in advance!

1 of the DR's should be open from Noon-1:30pm.

Relaxing and quiet.

Alfredos is open too.

Your cabin should be ready when you board.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I did, thanks! I'm coming from Cape Coral. Not too bad of a drive but I know we'll be eager to stretch out and grab a bite as soon as we get there.

Alfredos would be fantastic for my picky daughter!

Just a suggestion go to Alfredo's it's a lot better then the MDR. :)
Yup. I prefer to go to Alfredo's for embarkation lunch as well. Very few people go there for some odd reason. You won't get a 4-course meal but on the Royal, you can get salad, pizza (whole personal pizza), pasta, etc. It's sit down waitstaff served.

Yup. I prefer to go to Alfredo's for embarkation lunch as well. Very few people go there for some odd reason. You won't get a 4-course meal but on the Royal, you can get salad, pizza (whole personal pizza), pasta, etc. It's sit down waitstaff served.

And a very nice anti pasto

Perfect! Thanks!

So true.

Main dining room (12-1:30)

Alfredo's - Italian fare, the veal pasta is kikket

International Cafe - sandwiches, salads, pastries, soups, desserts

Trident Grill - burgers, brats, chicken sandwich, hot dogs, fries

Prego Pizza - pizza by the slice with cheese, pepperoni and pizza of the day...

All open and serving food for lunch...

The Horizon buffet is never overly crowded & has many more choices. Of course you have to serve your self but it's quick & easy with a nice view of the harbor.
I've always found the Horizon Court to be crowded on embarkation day. My preference is for the main dining room then International Cafe if we arrive too late for the dining room. We haven't sailed on a ship with Alfredo's on which we arrived too late.

The MDR (12:00 to 1:30) and Alfredo's are both good choices for lunch. The MDR embarkation lunch menu usually has two of my favorite desserts, orange soufflé (never pass up a Princess soufflé for dessert) and Nutella ice cream and I often order both. Also, Alfredo's is open every day for lunch while the MDR is only open on embarkation and sea days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've always found the Horizon Court to be crowded on embarkation day. My preference is for the main dining room then International Cafe if we arrive too late for the dining room. We haven't sailed on a ship with Alfredo's on which we arrived too late.

Not on the Regal or Royal and the selections put the DR to shame. There's plenty of room to move around & lot of seating most any time of day.

Of course you have to serve yourself which I don't mind at all. I can take exactly what & how much I want without having to have a waiter run & get it for me.

Alfredo's is we always go.