Crown Closes Down Early

UK Cruiser2

UK Cruiser 2,

If you have been on Crown recently can you tell us the state of the ship, I have been reading some very bad reviews of late.

Is the food really that bad as others have said and seen mention of a lot of rust on balconies etc.

Thanks

UK CRUISER.

We asked the above question and someone else is also interested.!

UK CRUISER.

We asked the above question and someone else is also interested.!

Sorry. We loved Crown. There were a lot of people complaining about the food and decor but put it this way they weren't Brits.We have cruised some 16 times so we are not new to cruising. Yes,the ship is 10 years old but is in good condition. A little dark in places but that's only the decor used. We found the food good,the staff spot on. We were anytime dining and never had to wait for a table for 2 in Da Vinci,as soon as we walked up (Usually around 8:00pm-8:30pm) We have sailed a few times with RCL and always found the Windjammer buffet always packed. On Crown we always found plenty of empty tables in Horizon Court buffet. There were tons of sunbeds to had,the ship was at full capacity but there were unused sunbeds stacked up ready for anyone that needed one. Our only complaints were the fact that the entertainment on the whole (As you can guess by this thread) closed down early.The bar staff got to memorise our card numbers and names so from the second or third day we didn't even have to hand over our cards when ordering drinks (We had the drinks package).

Our balcony cabin was roomy and had plenty of storage space,the bathroom was good,apart from the shower had a curtain rather than a screen but it caused no problems.

You don't get it... the OP wants to have an alcoholic drink at 3 or 4 a.m.....

There is always the option of having room service deliver some of their (very limited) alcohol selections to the cabin for late night imbibing. (Hopefully the OP isn't a scotch drinker as room service doesn't offer any decent scotch at all.)

One could also order drinks that have no ice or mixer such as straight bourbon, vodka, scotch, etc. and then take them to the cabin and "stash" them for later. I know some get the champagne splits at the BOGO and take them back to their cabin for use in Mimosa's in the morning.

On our next booked cruise I have the AIBP. I enjoy Pernod and OJ (I know, I'm odd...) in the morning on the balcony. I could get Pernod at the bar and take it back to my room to enjoy with room service OJ on the balcony in the morning. (Of course I could also just wander out to a bar and snag the same thing and go back to my cabin...)

Sorry. We loved Crown. There were a lot of people complaining about the food and decor but put it this way they weren't Brits.We have cruised some 16 times so we are not new to cruising. Yes,the ship is 10 years old but is in good condition. A little dark in places but that's only the decor used. We found the food good,the staff spot on. We were anytime dining and never had to wait for a table for 2 in Da Vinci,as soon as we walked up (Usually around 8:00pm-8:30pm) We have sailed a few times with RCL and always found the Windjammer buffet always packed. On Crown we always found plenty of empty tables in Horizon Court buffet. There were tons of sunbeds to had,the ship was at full capacity but there were unused sunbeds stacked up ready for anyone that needed one. Our only complaints were the fact that the entertainment on the whole (As you can guess by this thread) closed down early.The bar staff got to memorise our card numbers and names so from the second or third day we didn't even have to hand over our cards when ordering drinks (We had the drinks package).

Our balcony cabin was roomy and had plenty of storage space,the bathroom was good,apart from the shower had a curtain rather than a screen but it caused no problems.

Many thanks for the above.:D:D

• 1 month later...

We were on the CB in August/September for the British Isles and TA. Most entertainment stopped at 11 PM with the piano player in Crooners going to 11:30. After that the only entertainment was in Skywalkers. It seems to be a widespread policy for all the ships. The HC now closes at 11 PM where before it stayed open all night. Late at night most of the people in the HC are crew members from what I saw.

Princess is not a late night oriented cruise line. It is simply not the market segment they focus on. If the OP wants a more late night environment I might suggest they try a line like NCL. On my recent Epic transatlantic there was at least one bar open 24hrs and multiple entertainment venues busy until 2-3am. That may better suit their preferences in a seagoing holiday :D

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

Princess is not a late night oriented cruise line. It is simply not the market segment they focus on. If the OP wants a more late night environment I might suggest they try a line like NCL. On my recent Epic transatlantic there was at least one bar open 24hrs and multiple entertainment venues busy until 2-3am. That may better suit their preferences in a seagoing holiday :D

True.

You also have to think of the crew. Those same people serving you the late night drinks have to get up early and serve the early risers their breakfast. They don't staff the ships with enough crew for two shifts. It's one very long shift every day.

I kind of agree with you but 11:00pm. or 12:00am. Is just to early for me. I remember going home from Red Sox's night games later then that.

Go Patriots!!!! See you at Fenway. :)

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

We just got off the Crown yesterday and really enjoyed the trip. Lots of people up late enjoying the shows, the great band Static, the magician etc. We are 60 years old and don't usually stay up late. We were on the younger side of the typical cruiser on this ship. Food was better than our last Princess cruise, ship is ready for refurbishment coming soon, new beds will be welcomed for sure. Staff was wonderful and alcohol seemed available very late on this cruise. Lots of BOGO for $1 deals. We had an aft cabin which we usually enjoy but this cabin B756 is located next to the food vent and was very smelly and noisy. I wouldn't book that cabin again. Made me nauseous like when I was last pregnant 28 years ago. LOL overall great cruise and we are going again in January, September, and December 2017. On Ruby my favorite west coast ship.