Day 1 - boarding and disembarking soon after?

I was easily able to disembark from Celebrity Solstice in December last year in Auckland on first sailing day, go into Auckland and return 2 hours later.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

New Zealand is not Australia........but they will catch up one day:D:D

On issues such as this I'd take the answer from those two posters to the bank, now I'm not sure they're very good at spotting the real spethshial people's, but they do know what's going on.

We can spot the REAL spethsial ones :D:D ...........not just the one's that think they are

Edited by gbenjo

IT is not a cruiseline rule.. it is a Customs rule.

I knew that gbenjo but was trying to point out to the other poster that regardless of what he thinks his experience is/was it is not relevant to the OP's question anyway.

There was a post where someone said domestic cruises could be different as there is no immigration/border control for Australian passengers followed up by a comment that RCI had made the decision not to allow any disembarking after check in and boarding.

Apologies if my post was misleading - I am aware that immigration/border control set the rules.

I'm not sure about the on and off rules, so not joining that discussion, but if everyone is going to be there by midday, that will give you plenty of time to see the maitre'd, he's usually not available until later anyway :)

It's usually around 3pm for MDR changes.

It's usually around 3pm for MDR changes.

Yes I have found that to be true, also, if you just wanted to be 'in the group' for the embarking official photo, I think you would be able to join them for that as they will have already passed through all security. Well that's the way it is on Princess anyway.:)

Well just in case there is still any doubt about disembarking on first day of a cruise Gbenjo is absolutely correct... you can't. Not that we ever doubted you! Whilst I could do that in Auckland you can't in Sydney.

I am today on board Carnival Spirit in Sydney about to sail this afternoon to Melbourne for the Melbourne Cup cruise...Lucky me! I asked just to test if I could go back ashore. Absolutely not I was told. No way... forget it. Definitely not allowed!

So here I am... stuck on board this afternoon being forced to eat all this lovely food, listen to great music, meet all sorts of interesting people and having fun. Heaps of fun.

Thank goodness for the new restrictions!!!

Peter

Well just in case there is still any doubt about disembarking on first day of a cruise Gbenjo is absolutely correct... you can't. Not that we ever doubted you! Whilst I could do that in Auckland you can't in Sydney.

I am today on board Carnival Spirit in Sydney about to sail this afternoon to Melbourne for the Melbourne Cup cruise...Lucky me! I asked just to test if I could go back ashore. Absolutely not I was told. No way... forget it. Definitely not allowed!

So here I am... stuck on board this afternoon being forced to eat all this lovely food, listen to great music, meet all sorts of interesting people and having fun. Heaps of fun.

Thank goodness for the new restrictions!!!

Peter

And there I will be on the port side of the ship waving like a loonie with my cameras as you pass under the Westgate Bridge ... see you in the morning :D

For those boarding at the Sydney OPT there is a large sign explaining that once you embark onboard you CANNOT come back ashore. Whilst it maybe permissible in Auckland for example it is the Australian authorities who prevent this in Sydney.

Thank all for your feedback and especially Rhayader for testing this out! Hope you have a fantastic cruise :)

Well after all that, our my time dining waitlist has cleared and I've been able to confirm my time dining and also make our reservations on the cruise personaliser, so there's no need for us to board seperately.

Thanks again for your help everyone! :)