Grandeur Questions & Tips

Today's Cruise Compass. At least 6 trivia events. The same movie shown twice A poorly attended scavenger hunt Ring toss as always. Oh and THE worst singer at sea....well probably onshore as well...Lora as always clearing out the Schooner bar. What's not to love!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm on Grandeur now. With my 13 and 14 year old grandchildren. They hate it. Can't wait to get off. There is literally nothing to do The evening shows are embarrassingly bad. Daytime activities are limited to ring toss, baggo or trivia. That's it. Personally I will never sail this class of ship again There is literally nothing good I can say for this old dated ship

Linda and I are boarding Grandeur in a few days for an 11 day southern Caribbean cruise. I have sailed Grandeur several times before, and like so many others, I love the ship and the crew. The large majority of reviews, even the present trip, have been excellent. Sorry about your kids, but you also mentioned there was nothing for a 2 year old with you to do on Harmony (in another post). Your last comment that "there is litteraly nothing good you can say about the ship" seems to take the focus away from your kids and extend it to a total condemnation of Grandeur and this trip.

As for your comments about the two teens, taking kids on a cruise is risk regardless of the ship. This past April, I completed an 18 day TA from Miami to the Med on Celebrity Reflection, one of their flagships. While I totally enjoyed the first eight days at sea before our first port, I was amazed at people complaining of being bored and finding nothing to do on this beautiful ship.

There is always something an individual may find unacceptable, but I have always enjoyed every cruise I have been on. I consider how lucky I am to be able to vacation like this, consideing that so many good people could never afford this type of vacation. For new cruisers that read negative post, my advice is take what you read with a grain of salt. I know myself that what pleases one person on a ship, may not always be shared by another. If you are generally a positive person, and the overall reviews of the ship you are interested are positive, as they are on this vessel, you can be confident you'll have a great cruise.

Happy New Year to All :)

Edited by runningtide

Been in the fitness centre a couple of times. Not been busy when I've been in. It's a good fitness centre. Well equipped.

Not sure if you mean the bar where there is a singer/pianist in? If it's the one with Lora then in my honest opinion she is the worst singer I have ever heard. Never more than 5 or 6 in there

Runningtide, I agree with everything you wrote, and I'm so glad to know that we will be on the same Grandeur cruise with you in a few days!

Thanks so much for the nice comment. My name is Mickey and I'll be at the roll call the first sea day! Hope to see you around the ship:)

I would love to hear how the Piano Bar entertainment is on the Grandeur.

Would also be interested to know how busy (or not) the fitness center is.

Its dependent on the skill of the pianist. My 2014-2015 NYE in the grandeur was marked with an amazing pianist who pulled off guns and roses on the piano as well as Abba. He also pulled off Bon Jovi with help from an impromptu assist from the night's headliner rock group that incidentally turned the theater to a bon a fide rock concert.

I'm on Grandeur now. With my 13 and 14 year old grandchildren. They hate it. Can't wait to get off. There is literally nothing to do The evening shows are embarrassingly bad. Daytime activities are limited to ring toss, baggo or trivia. That's it. Personally I will never sail this class of ship again There is literally nothing good I can say for this old dated ship

I'm not surprised. Grandeur is probably incredibly boring for 13/14 year olds that don't enjoy reading on their own or have friends to hang out with.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be on this cruise also, with my 15 year old daughter.

As long as she gets comfortable in the kids club on the first night, she should be hanging out with the other kids the majority of the time. She is very shy, so the initial meeting other people is the hardest part for her.

We can't wait!

Maybe a little research for your grandchildren might have helped!....K.O...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...