LIVE from Liberty of the Seas, sailing October 30th!

Thanks for whetting our appetite for our cruise. We're on Liberty for a b2b in April 17. That martini/mixology class looks like a must do! How early did you book the class?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I booked Martini class about 3 days in advance

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

Friends I'm about 25 minutes from landing in Chicago and then by the time I get my luggage and in the car and back home it will probably be after 8 pm. So more than likely I will try to finish everything up tomorrow [emoji4]

Friends I'm about 25 minutes from landing in Chicago and then by the time I get my luggage and in the car and back home it will probably be after 8 pm. So more than likely I will try to finish everything up tomorrow [emoji4]

Chris, safe travels for the remaining portion of your trip. I look forward to your wrap up. Thanks again for bringing us along.

Good morning friends! I'm going to post the day seven cruise compass and the recipes for the 5 martinis they gave us at the martini tasting and mixology class at the R Bar and then try to finish up the review later today ☺

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 5 using Tapatalk

Overall grade for Liberty of the Seas: A-

I will break that down over the next few posts.

Overall the ship is beautiful and well laid out. Again Royal Caribbean does a great job with crowds as we had four thousand passengers on this sailing and again on very few occasions did the ship feel very crowded.

Royal Promenade is gorgeous. Not as wide as Oasis Class but still very nice. It was nice to see the crew smiling and very welcoming of passengers boarding. Next up will be my thoughts on my first ever aft balcony. :)

This post has been amazing since I board on Sunday with a bunch of friends.

Question:

We all have the Deluxe Beverage Package... is there a reason to do the mixology class? Obviously we can have any drinks we want so I'm curious if there is enough else going on to justify the cost.

Again, thanks so much for the fab photos and I look forward to your overall summary since I board in a few days.

This post has been amazing since I board on Sunday with a bunch of friends.

Question:

We all have the Deluxe Beverage Package... is there a reason to do the mixology class? Obviously we can have any drinks we want so I'm curious if there is enough else going on to justify the cost.

Again, thanks so much for the fab photos and I look forward to your overall summary since I board in a few days.

Yes the mixology class is worth it IMHO. It was fun and interactive and the bartenders really interacted with everyone and made it fun. It was nice to sample their creations

Yes the mixology class is worth it IMHO. It was fun and interactive and the bartenders really interacted with everyone and made it fun. It was nice to sample their creations

Thanks Chris.

As a first-timer for Royal (but veteran cruiser in general) are there any absolute MUST HAVES or MUST DOS on Liberty?

As a group we are all in the 25-40 range, we have some excursions already set, we like wine and cocktails, good food... but what would you recommend for first-timers on Royal? It would appear you're an absolute wealth of information so I would love to see your top things for this cruise. Thanks!

This cruise was my first ever aft balcony. I had 7710 and the wake views cannot be beat! The cabin was great. I rarely saw my cabin steward but he was friendly and did his job well. I had no issues with the walk to the aft of the ship to reach my cabin. On Serenade in November 2017 and FOTS April 2018 I have an aft balcony as well... well worth it.

Word of caution though. I would avoid booking the deck 6 aft balconies. The view is not that good and worse, people in the balconues above can look right down into those deck 6 aft balconies. If you value privacy, avoid this location.

Edited by BugsyCruiser