Majesty 7 Nov, 2016 Delay Announced

Scotty G

What "routine maintenance work" is needed that requires everyone to be off the ship?

Pretty sure it's not the real reason. If it were routine maintenence it would, most likely, have been scheduled, not 10 days before the sailing. I also heard deep clean. But, if that were the case, they should've just scheduled two 3 day cruises and set the day in between for deep cleaning!

I have never heard of this before and think it is totally crazy! I would be so upset.

IT happens! With the drink package it can be significant, especially since this is a 3 or 4 day cruise. Freedom had an issue a couple of weeks ago, but it delayed departure not boarding.

We've had some late check-ins in Galveston. 3 PM, and one at 5:00 PM.

Just telling you this story so you had a better idea what to expect.

We arrived in Galveston, and couldn't get into our prepaid parking spot, because the returning cruisers hadn't disembarked yet! We finally were in the first group to board, and I saw people in the next room still in line for customs. We had dinner around 5:30-6:00, really fast dinner, because muster was at 7:30 pm. Those waiters can really move fast!

We had to retrieve the last suitcase from the pile in the stairwell around 9:00 pm.

We did get $20 per person OBC for the missed lunch.

On the bright side, starting day 2, it was back to normal, and we had a great cruise!

I actually live in Orlando. My dad was going to drive me but he's older and doesn't drive at night too well any more. If I take transportation it's gonna be $140. That's why I'm angry. It's either my dad drives at night or I pay $140.

Here's a very obvious solution... have your dad drive you when it is a good time for him. Find something fun or relaxing to do in the area while you wait.

I actually live in Orlando. My dad was going to drive me but he's older and doesn't drive at night too well any more. If I take transportation it's gonna be $140. That's why I'm angry. It's either my dad drives at night or I pay $140.

I hear a 60-year-old sees about 1/10th of a 20 year old. If you can, why not give some help behind the wheel? There's also the whole case of stiffness after long hours in a car.

We often drive in the day before and get a pre-night.

At least with a 5:30 embarkation time, you shouldn't have to worry about missing the ship if you stick to your original plan and get there at the original time.

One of the less stressful cruises we've had were those cruises with a 10 PM departure or departure the next afternoon.

Edited by knittinggirl

You could also drive to the port and park in the Port Canaveral garage for $80, or park outside for less money. Or merely arrive earlier and just hang out.

I hear a 60-year-old sees about 1/10th of a 20 year old. If you can, why not give some help behind the wheel? There's also the whole case of stiffness after long hours in a car.

1/10th of a 20 year old? That's almost blind and being in the age range, I have to dispute that fact.

As far as a long drive for his dad, it is 45 minutes( at most) each way.

On a short cruise like this... I'd cancel unless they offer some serious compensation. That's a deal breaker. Almost an entire day taken away and the first day is always a lot of fun. On Carnival, I get the FTTF and we are on before noon with our cabin ready. It's an entire day, basically.

They are boarding you after dinner time, etc. etc. Not acceptable - at least not at full price.

Edited by BNBR

Ok,now that I caught your attention:D,I got news today about my upcoming MJ cruise,I am not happy with........of course,can't do anything about it...and I'm sure some will really want compensation.....

Wonder just how routine it is:confused:

About your upcoming travels

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing on Monday, November 7, onboard the Majesty of the Seas.

The ship will conduct an important routine maintenance work while in port. As a result this will delay your check-in and boarding. Check-in will now take place for your cruise between 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM and we kindly ask that you do not arrive to the cruise terminal prior to 5:30 PM.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Do you have Insurance? some insurance plans offer compensation for delays dont they?

Here's a very obvious solution... have your dad drive you when it is a good time for him. Find something fun or relaxing to do in the area while you wait.

Of course I thought about this and it's probably what I'm gonna do. Unfortuantely that's not what the original post was about. RCCL should be taking care of their passengers.

We've cruised enough to know stuff happens and usually deal with it pretty easily

BUT

in this case my opinion is RCI just robbed people of 1/4 of their vacation. Delayed departure is one thing. You can still enjoy the ship and use your drink package as well as meals etc.

Delayed boarding essentially a full day is quite something else, especially on a 4 day cruise.

Edited by JohnGaltny

We've cruised enough to know stuff happens and usually deal with it pretty easily

BUT

in this case my opinion is RCI just robbed people of 1/4 of their vacation. Delayed departure is one thing. You can still enjoy the ship and use your drink package as well as meals etc.

Delayed boarding essentially a full day is quite something else, especially on a 4 day cruise.

Thank you. It's my 17th cruise and I understand that things happen. But this is ridiculous. If I was on the ship I would be fine with a delayed departure. As a matter of fact I would be happy. But, not checking in until 530? It just hurts everyone. I'm sure tempers will be flaring during the check in as well. It's just not gonna be fun!! The first day, anyway. Hopefully the rest of the cruise will be relaxing.

Edited by MeCruiseNow

BUT

Yeah, we think the same. It is actually my wife's birthday cruise and we are both bitterly disappointed. Due to work and such we are not frequent cruisers so we can hardly believe that this happens on our only cruise in 2016. I am sure we are not alone.

We hope RCI makes up for it in some way but seriously doubt it - their notification was very matter of fact. I guess they think everyone on board cruise 6 times a year or more and will not care.

Just bombard them with phone calls and emails about some type of compensation for the drink packages. Even if its just one day credit. I just sent my email, not that I expect a response.

Oh, and we won't be waiting until 5:30 to get to port and deal with 2500-3000 other people trying to get in there and park. We'll be heading over early, AS ORIGIANALLY PLANNED, park and head to one of the restaurants/bars close to the terminal.

Rather eat before we get onboard then to deal with all the extra people hitting the buffet because they can't into the dining room at their schedule time.

This is going to be a cluster ****, if you know what I mean.

Just bombard them with phone calls and emails about some type of compensation for the drink packages. Even if its just one day credit. I just sent my email, not that I expect a response.

Oh, and we won't be waiting until 5:30 to get to port and deal with 2500-3000 other people trying to get in there and park. We'll be heading over early, AS ORIGIANALLY PLANNED, park and head to one of the restaurants/bars close to the terminal.

Rather eat before we get onboard then to deal with all the extra people hitting the buffet because they can't into the dining room at their schedule time.

We will see you in Grills! Actually, Grills will be packed too....oh boy. It will be a crazy mess everywhere!

I already called......asked about dropping luggage off early........of course,the rep only knew what was written in front of him.

I'll give them till next week.......maybe they will have a game plan by then........like they did when they did this same thing to the Aug 22nd MJ cruise...they transported people to the mall and I think gave them some $$ for lunch.............plus took care of their back to backers,who were NOT allowed to stay on board.......

Edited by PH8

We've had some late check-ins in Galveston. 3 PM, and one at 5:00 PM.

Just telling you this story so you had a better idea what to expect.

We arrived in Galveston, and couldn't get into our prepaid parking spot, because the returning cruisers hadn't disembarked yet!

We did get $20 per person OBC for the missed lunch.

On the bright side, starting day 2, it was back to normal, and we had a great cruise!

Don't think this applies to MJ as it is maintenance work and should arrive as normally scheduled.

Edited by troykahack