Majesty 7 Nov, 2016 Delay Announced

Scotty G

Yup!!! I just got this notice as well!!!! It's ridiculous!!! I called Customer Service and they didn't even know about it!! They were insisting that it was leaving at 4 as scheduled!! I am not happy at all!! It ruins a relaxing (and needed) get away. 4 days!! Imagine at 530 pm (earliest check in time) how much chaos there's gone be!!!??? I eat at the early seating!! How are they fixing that?? Also, I'm sure we will lose a night of the scheduled entertainment!! How about the first day activities like the spa giveaways and such!!!?? This is the third (and last) cruise I take on RCCL!!!! I am done!! Theres been an issue on all 3 and I've twice wrote customer service and twice received no response!!! They really need to stop worrying about building monstrosities of ships and get back to basics with their customer service!!! Twice I've contacted and twice I've been ignored!! This is why Carnival is outpacing them and will continue to do so as, I'm sure, many more will leave this joke of a company!!!! And... just to let you know, they say they've stopped with the "last minute" pricing. This is absolutely not true! You can get an outside on this same cruise as a solo cruiser for $270!!! Yes... as a solo. I was hesitant to even get on this ship and I should've listened to that inkling!!

Edited by MeCruiseNow

They did the exact same thing on the August 22nd cruise for maintenance on the water system. Sorry it is happening again on your cruise. We would be disappointed too.:(

I'll just hang out at your house.:D

So you want compensation. For what? What if you boarded on time and the ship departure was delayed for a medical emergency? Would you still think you are "entitled" to compensation?

I imagine YOU probably would!

Edited by egh170

So you want compensation. For what? What if you boarded on time and the ship departure was delayed for a medical emergency? Would you still think you are "entitled" to compensation?

At least they'd be enjoying the ships amenities but I also think the OP's compensation demand was a little tongue in cheek.

You might want to read the OP's original post a little closer...she was being sarcastic...along with sharing the news about the delayed boarding...I know her personally & she is a seasoned traveler who totally understands that things like this are beyond her control...the "compensation" headline was to draw attention...

Yup!!! I just got this notice as well!!!! It's ridiculous!!! I called Customer Service and they didn't even know about it!! They were insisting that it was leaving at 4 as scheduled!! I am not happy at all!! It ruins a relaxing (and needed) get away. 4 days!! Imagine at 530 pm (earliest check in time) how much chaos there's gone be!!!??? I eat at the early seating!! How are they fixing that?? Also, I'm sure we will lose a night of the scheduled entertainment!! How about the first day activities like the spa giveaways and such!!!?? This is the third (and last) cruise I take on RCCL!!!! I am done!! Theres been an issue on all 3 and I've twice wrote customer service and twice received no response!!! They really need to stop worrying about building monstrosities of ships and get back to basics with their customer service!!! Twice I've contacted and twice I've been ignored!! This is why Carnival is outpacing them and will continue to do so as, I'm sure, many more will leave this joke of a company!!!! And... just to let you know, they say they've stopped with the "last minute" pricing. This is absolutely not true! You can get an outside on this same cruise as a solo cruiser for $270!!! Yes... as a solo. I was hesitant to even get on this ship and I should've listened to that inkling!!

Just got off the phone with RCCL and they are not compensating or allowing people to get refunds!!! Anything but RCCL and it's family of thieves from now on!!!!!

Yowzer! Check your blood pressure, my friend!!!! :eek:

Ok... so a cruise starts when one is allowed to board. But many times one may not enter their cabins. I say it starts when lines are released and you can gain access to your cabin.

In this OP case, between 5-7.

Really? I cruise ON A SHIP. The cruise begins when I am on the ship.

Cabin access is 1,000,000% irrelevant on this point.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You're in good company, sweetie.

You might read my post again.

As others obviously got my drift and you didn't.

Really? I cruise ON A SHIP. The cruise begins when I am on the ship.

Cabin access is 1,000,000% irrelevant on this point.

My post, when does a cruise officially start, for OP sarcasm or otherwise, for the purpose of compensation. Not everyone boards at the same time. So how would you compensate, and to me, stuff happens.

Personally, for us the cruise could start at many different times, the day before, when we leave or house, and so on.

But you are paying to use the ship's amenities that day. Whether it's food, drink, or activities. Now, if you pay for something but decide not to use it (as in board late of your own choosing), that's one thing. But paying for something and not being able to use it isn't good either.

While RCI doesn't HAVE to provide compensation, I think it would be good PR to give everyone $25 OBC.

If you boarded on time and the departure was delayed, you'd still be able to use the ship's amenities and wouldn't be entitled to compensation. That's not the case here.

What about folks that fly in and stay at hotels? What the heck are they supposed to do until 5:30 in the afternoon, with luggage and hotel checkout at noon?

I would be really ticked off.

I thought about that...fortunately I drive over day of. But those in a local hotel might have more worries about this than I do.

Edited by PH8

Just think, maybe you can save a day of vacation and still have a nice cruise. I would have loved those short cruises leave a little later and return a little earlier. I could have lived on her on the weekends.

Although I am now retired, SO still is working.

Edited by troykahack

OUCH, and its only a 4 day they count that monday as day 1 so basically, party in the terminal. I am on the ship, we arrive back in port on Friday Nov 4th. since I cant see any 3 days for the ship right after, I wonder what its doing between Nov 4th and the 7th?

There is a 3 night cruise Nov 4th.

I can only imagine the chaos on the night of the 7th with 2700 passengers basically arriving at the same time and scrambling to board! Many will be upset and angry too, I am sure. Not a pleasant thought.

We plan to have an early dinner at Grills next door and wait for the rush to subside before boarding. Then we do not have to worry about food once on board.

We are going to repack and take carryon bags only. I assume the cabins will be ready by the time we get on so at least we do not have to wait for luggage (which may arrive after midnight?)

First night with muster training, etc will be a wash in terms of dinner plans (we ate already!) so we will just hang out at the bars if we can find space amongst the chaos.

We have to jam a whole day's worth of drink package into a short evening so that should be fun at least, right?