Majesty 7 Nov, 2016 Delay Announced

Scotty G

Personally, I would cancel my drink package, then get it re-added the next day, so that I don't end up paying $50ish for a day that I'm barely using it...

You know, you are right. I need to look into that. There was a discount when we bought the package and I guess it will cost more when we buy onboard. Just have to figure out if we are going to drink $80 on night one - I think we will and tips are included. Decision, decisions

Edited by SteerageJoe

I thought about that...fortunately I drive over day of. But those in a local hotel might have more worries about this than I do.

PH8, Fishlips HAPPY HOUR from 3pm to 6pm for you and your group of Central Florida folks. E-mail Aurora Yera-Rodriguez or Michael Bayley to get them to pick up the tab! The party should not have to start at 5:30pm on the ship.

I am on this Monday's Oct 31 Halloween cruise and so far no message about a delay on this one. Keeping my fingers, and toes, crossed.

Mike

ps, do you know if JD is back on the ship. I thought he was, but ScottyG recently said he did not come back, as of end of September.

Edited by Tagsalong

That's definitely not how you want to start a cruise. I would think they would comp the drink package for 1 day at least. You will probably really need a drink. Ignore the 800 customer service rep and ask for compensation once you board.

Now, as for day 1, try to make the best of it. Enjoy some beach time, or one of the theme parks in Orlando about an hour away. Book a hotel room with a nice pool and lounge all day, etc. Will you have a car?

That's definitely not how you want to start a cruise. I would think they would comp the drink package for 1 day at least. You will probably really need a drink. Ignore the 800 customer service rep and ask for compensation once you board.

Now, as for day 1, try to make the best of it. Enjoy some beach time, or one of the theme parks in Orlando about an hour away. Book a hotel room with a nice pool and lounge all day, etc. Will you have a car?

We r lucky in that sense! We live 2 miles from Terminal 1 in Cape Canaveral!

So we know how to keep ourselves busy that day, but I feel for the many passengers especially those with kids who have to check out of their hotels by 11am and fill the whole afternoon somewhere. Hopefully the hotels will understand the dilemma.

PH8, Fishlips HAPPY HOUR from 3pm to 6pm for you and your group of Central Florida folks. E-mail Aurora Yera-Rodriguez or Michael Bayley to get them to pick up the tab! The party should not have to start at 5:30pm on the ship.

I am on this Monday's Oct 31 Halloween cruise and so far no message about a delay on this one. Keeping my fingers, and toes, crossed.

Mike

ps, do you know if JD is back on the ship. I thought he was, but ScottyG recently said he did not come back, as of end of September.

Hi Mike.......yea,I'll send an email right now.hahahah

This one is not the group cruise....that is the 11th,but some of us are going on the 7th.......

Not sure when JD gets back......I know he was not on recently...

Enjoy your cruise...

That is SERIOUSLY cutting into Happy Hour:eek: Not nice!!

I know......they better extend it.......:p

Me too!! Tell them to stop picking on our friend!!:D

Awwwwwww,thanks to you and all my friends on here....:)

If they were smart,they would at least let people drop off their luggage earlier....would be less stress for the cabin attendants to get it all delivered late at night......I would gladly drop it off then go amuse myself for a few hours...

Also..think the cabins will be set up as turn down service ??:p:p:p If so,then that morning,they could just do that and get it out of the way..

I pity the staff getting gripes and complaints from pax when they had nothing to do with the delay..

I wonder how they handle the first night's dinner?? I assume early seating is at 5:30? Guess those folks don't get any supper:p

It's 6,but they still won't make that......

I'll probably eat before I get on,so won't waste time eating..

Also..think the cabins will be set up as turn down service ??:p:p:p If so,then that morning,they could just do that and get it out of the way..

You know what that means, you're going to have to march down and demand you get 1/2 of the cabin stewards day 1 gratuity refunded :p.

the delay may be to put pepper grinders on all the tables and I bet they are going to move the banana's to the fruit section??? :D

this really cuts into the fun time on a short cruise, for us it starts the minute we board the ship.

the delay may be to put pepper grinders on all the tables and I bet they are going to move the banana's to the fruit section??? :D

this really cuts into the fun time on a short cruise, for us it starts the minute we board the ship.

Or maybe they have to install the new microwaves in all the cabins:)

The federal banana relocation program has begun. It's top secret! :cool:

Pepper grinders, microwaves, and waffle makers for everyone!

I actually live in Orlando. My dad was going to drive me but he's older and doesn't drive at night too well any more. If I take transportation it's gonna be $140. That's why I'm angry. It's either my dad drives at night or I pay $140.

I actually live in Orlando. My dad was going to drive me but he's older and doesn't drive at night too well any more. If I take transportation it's gonna be $140. That's why I'm angry. It's either my dad drives at night or I pay $140.

$140 for what?