Majesty 7 Nov, 2016 Delay Announced

Scotty G

You also spend weeks and weeks a year on cruises. Some of these people may spend days a year. A lot easier to be nonchalant in your case. Just sayin...

Or maybe I'm just mature enough to be cool, calm and collected instead of irate and aggressive. :)

Or maybe I'm just mature enough to be cool, calm and collected instead of irate and aggressive. :)

Very well could be. Just saying I can understand, although not necessarily agree with, the reaction of those who are upset about this on a short cruise. Meanwhile, it's more or less just another day for you :p.

Actually he is just on his way to Nassau by air today! Must be joining MJ there :)

Hmmmmm....my friend is on MJ now and said this yesterday....

"John Denton Came back today"......

But I do see on John's page he was flying today..

Doesn't really matter in the scheme of things,does it?

More important things in life,such as me being gypped because of this MJ delay,,;);)

Edited by PH8

I think I am in the mind set that for some persons a 4 night cruise may be the only cruise they get for the year and I would be upset. Its easy to be cool, calm and collected when you can cruise more than 4 night cruises and especially if you can cruise more than once each year.

Yes DH and I do maybe 3 or 4 cruises a year, but I would even be a bit put off to be told we could not board until after 5:30 for Majesty. We live just north of PC but I cannot imagine what it would be like to fly in for this cruise and have to try and find something to do until you board. Many persons save their vacation time and with travel included it can be costly for them to try and figure out what to do.

I think RC should be more forthcoming about what it is that they are doing and why they are delaying the boarding time for such a long time. I think I mentioned previously that the cruise begins for us when we step foot on board the ship, not the hassle and concern of getting there and being at the port or when the ship sails.

I think I am in the mind set that for some persons a 4 night cruise may be the only cruise they get for the year and I would be upset. Its easy to be cool, calm and collected when you can cruise more than 4 night cruises and especially if you can cruise more than once each year.

Yes DH and I do maybe 3 or 4 cruises a year, but I would even be a bit put off to be told we could not board until after 5:30 for Majesty. We live just north of PC but I cannot imagine what it would be like to fly in for this cruise and have to try and find something to do until you board. Many persons save their vacation time and with travel included it can be costly for them to try and figure out what to do.

I think RC should be more forthcoming about what it is that they are doing and why they are delaying the boarding time for such a long time. I think I mentioned previously that the cruise begins for us when we step foot on board the ship, not the hassle and concern of getting there and being at the port or when the ship sails.

Agree totally.

A cruise starts when you're on the ship - not while fighting crowds in the cruise terminal even if it is a nice one like terminal one.

I am amazed by some of the unsympathetic/off responses here.

The funny thing is this - we cruise only once a year. And for some reason the most unfriendly/unhappy cruisers we've seen were full-time cruisers! The ones who compare every little thing to their previous 100 cruises while looking for "improvements" to list and hand to the cruise directors and crew they know by name!

We seek to hang out with first-time/occasional cruisers - those folks are the most fun and always having a blast!

Edited by SteerageJoe

So, I just got a response asking for a days credit for our drink packages due to the delay:

"Thank you for your email and for this opportunity to be of service by answering any questions you may have.

While Majesty of the Seas is docked in Port Canaveral, we will be conducting necessary system maintenance, which must take place without any guests onboard. Because of this, we were are forced to delay boarding. Fortunately, this will not impact on the scheduled cruise itinerary.

Boarding is scheduled to take place between 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and all guests must be checked in no later than 60 minutes prior to sail time.

We will be providing all guests with a future cruise credit in the amount of 15% of the cruise fare paid for your Majesty of the Seas, November 7, 2016 sailing for any inconvenience that this delay may have caused. This credit may be used towards a future cruise on any Royal Caribbean International ship. The letter of credit will be emailed or mailed to our guests' home address a week after the sailing."

Funny, there were several cruises that were delayed departure the weekend AFTER Hurricane Matthew that were offered future cruise credits AS WELL AS Onboard credits for their scheduled cruises and some that were just offered Onboard Credits for their current cruise.

So, I just got a response asking for a days credit for our drink packages due to the delay:

"Thank you for your email and for this opportunity to be of service by answering any questions you may have.

While Majesty of the Seas is docked in Port Canaveral, we will be conducting necessary system maintenance, which must take place without any guests onboard. Because of this, we were are forced to delay boarding. Fortunately, this will not impact on the scheduled cruise itinerary.

Boarding is scheduled to take place between 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and all guests must be checked in no later than 60 minutes prior to sail time.

We will be providing all guests with a future cruise credit in the amount of 15% of the cruise fare paid for your Majesty of the Seas, November 7, 2016 sailing for any inconvenience that this delay may have caused. This credit may be used towards a future cruise on any Royal Caribbean International ship. The letter of credit will be emailed or mailed to our guests' home address a week after the sailing."

Funny, there were several cruises that were delayed departure the weekend AFTER Hurricane Matthew that were offered future cruise credits AS WELL AS Onboard credits for their scheduled cruises and some that were just offered Onboard Credits for their current cruise.

Poor response by RCI in my opinion. At least it's something though.

We got the same response to our email about the 15% voucher. Better than nothing!

BUT now I am confused:

Original notice said - Check-in will now take place for your cruise between 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM and we kindly ask that you do not arrive to the cruise terminal prior to 5:30 PM.

Latest notice said - Boarding is scheduled to take place between 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and all guests must be checked in no later than 60 minutes prior to sail time.

Did they make a mistake with the terminology? Boarding and check-in are two different things.

The way I read it is: we can begin to check-in at 5:30pm and basically proceed to board immediately (meaning no waiting after check-in) Am I correct?

Edited by SteerageJoe

We got the same response to our email about the 15% voucher. Better than nothing!

BUT now I am confused:

Original notice said - Check-in will now take place for your cruise between 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM and we kindly ask that you do not arrive to the cruise terminal prior to 5:30 PM.

Latest notice said - Boarding is scheduled to take place between 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and all guests must be checked in no later than 60 minutes prior to sail time.

Did they make a mistake with the terminology? Boarding and check-in are two different things.

The way I read it is: we can begin to check-in at 5:30pm and basically proceed to board immediately (meaning no waiting after check-in) Am I correct?

Yes.......

Keep in mind,it will be 15% of your cruise fare only.....does not inc the taxes/fees......look at your invoice for the breakdown...........

I rather have it as OBC,but nobody asked me:p:p:p

Pacify the people for as low a price as possible.

When I worked for the Airlines and had to ask for voluntary bumps on overbooked flights, we were instructed to start offering vouchers at the $100-200 range, even though we could go as high as $500. The hope is that an inexperienced flyer will jump at the lower offer and save the company money.

I don't know how it pans out with cruise vouchers, but less than 5% of the airline vouchers are actually cashed in. So the Airline pacifies the customer getting bumped, AND sells an extra seat or 5 at full price with virtually no cost to the company.

15% of the cruise fare paid is probably between $30 and maybe $100. My unscientific math says the average voucher is probably around $40, less than the price of 1 days drink package, and only redeemable on a future cruise. That times 5% of 2700 passengers (135 passengers, assuming the same % as airline vouchers are actually used) equals $5700. Not a bad trade off.

I have never been offered a compensation voucher from a cruise line, but I think it would be worth a call to Customer Service and try to get more.

My cruise officially starts when I put my first foot on the ship. If RCCL announces that boarding starts at 11:30, every minute after that is a delay, which should be compensated.

I just reduce the amount of my auto-tips according to the amount of delay.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But they said your Cruise now starts between 5:30-7:00.

Some of you misread either the post I was responding to, or my post.

I did not say that I am not annoyed or displeased.

I am simply not going to react or be that way on November 7. Wasted time & energy on an already shortened departure day.

Bon Voyage to all of us !

Edited by Merion_Mom

Some of you misread either the post I was responding to, or my post.

I did not say that I am not annoyed or displeased.

I am simply not going to react or be that way on November 7. Wasted time & energy on an already shortened departure day.

Bon Voyage to all of us ! ��

Agree......while it is going to be a hassle for me,I am not getting as mad as some are........WOW! The poor crew when some of these people board...

Just received a call from RCCL corporate.....asst to CEO, I've been dealing with over pricing/booking issues. She has told me that it is maintenance, not water system as in the past. No issues with a "deep clean" but delaying boarding as not to "inconvenience" customers on board. I did suggest it's a larger inconvenience for people like us flying in dragging luggage around all day! I passed on some of the questions rose here.....dining times? Muster drill? Can luggage be dropped off? I'm assuming that's a yes because she said there will be shuttles to take early arrivals to a "mall". I asked if you'd be allowed to check in and then leave. She hasn't answered any of that but has promised an email or call back soon!

Each HD has been having a "table"... Garry D. had a very nice one too.

Yes, indeed. Had dinner with Garry a couple of months ago and with John last night. Interesting conversation about next weeks maintenance which seems to conflict with the info from corporate. I'll say nothing more but see the other thread.