Majesty 7 Nov, 2016 Delay Announced

Scotty G

Ok,now that I caught your attention:D,I got news today about my upcoming MJ cruise,I am not happy with........of course,can't do anything about it...and I'm sure some will really want compensation.....

Wonder just how routine it is:confused:

About your upcoming travels

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing on Monday, November 7, onboard the Majesty of the Seas.

The ship will conduct an important routine maintenance work while in port. As a result this will delay your check-in and boarding. Check-in will now take place for your cruise between 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM and we kindly ask that you do not arrive to the cruise terminal prior to 5:30 PM.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

So we just received the notice below. Basically we will lose the whole first day and most of the evening. Has anyone experienced this before?

I do understand maintenance issues pop up but this seems totally unfair to be paying for night one when there will be chaos instead of calm sailing.

Wasted drink package, we won't get our luggage until midnight, etc. etc.

Or am I overly disappointed? Do they offer some kind of refund?

------------------------

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing on Monday, November 7, onboard the Majesty of the Seas.

The ship will conduct an important routine maintenance work while in port. As a result this will delay your check-in and boarding. Check-in will now take place for your cruise between 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM and we kindly ask that you do not arrive to the cruise terminal prior to 5:30 PM.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Ok,now that I caught your attention:D,I got news today about my upcoming MJ cruise,I am not happy with........of course,can't do anything about it...and I'm sure some will really want compensation.....

Wonder just how routine it is:confused:

About your upcoming travels

It happens, but I would definitely be disappointed on such a short cruise.

I wonder what it could be that would delay boarding...?

I'm sure they'll end up giving some sort of compensation.

Honestly, though, that would't help my feelings much. Thats a Monday taken off work for a lot of people for a wasted day. Vacation time is much more valuable than the per diem rate of a cheap cruise in November!

So when does a cruise start??? I would think when it departs the Port. Dock lines untied and ship in motion. I don't think anyone was promised 1130 boarding. Matter of fact, most recent cruises, Royal has requested boarding by deck number. We have gotten an email listing boarding times by deck number. Works for me but so many ignore the request.

Would be nice if they let us at least check in luggage so we would get it at a decent time.

Wonder when sailaway will be?

Generally, first night attire is ignored (dress code) because of possible late luggage.

Edited by troykahack

So when does a cruise start??? I would think when it departs the Port. Dock lines untied and ship in motion. I don't think anyone was promised 1130 boarding. Matter of fact, most recent cruises, Royal has requested boarding by deck number. We have gotten an email listing boarding times by deck number. Works for me but so many ignore the request.

Occasionally, a cruise doesn't leave port until the second evening. I'd say a cruise begins when it's available for embarkation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Occasionally, a cruise doesn't leave port until the second evening. I'd say a cruise begins when it's available for embarkation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok... so a cruise starts when one is allowed to board. But many times one may not enter their cabins. I say it starts when lines are released and you can gain access to your cabin.

In this OP case, between 5-7.

Sorry this is happening for you....if I remember correctly it happened a couple times before when Majesty was still in Miami...I think then it was A/C lines or something...I remember boarding was delayed till late...

Ok... so a cruise starts when one is allowed to board. But many times one may not enter their cabins. I say it starts when lines are released and you can gain access to your cabin.

In this OP case, between 5-7.

Lines won't be released between 5 and 7. How will pax get onboard?[emoji32]

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk