Can I tip in cash?

Lollipop's Mom

If I have a bunch of cash left at the end of the cruise can I tip in cash or does it have to be charged to my stateroom account? I know I could go to guest services and give them cash, but let's say I don't feel like waiting in line to do that, can I tip cash? Or do I have to ask for tips removed because I'm tipping cash? I am in Canada so it's a good way for me to get rid of us cash at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I have a bunch of cash left at the end of the cruise can I tip in cash or does it have to be charged to my stateroom account? I know I could go to guest services and give them cash' date=' but let's say I don't feel like waiting in line to do that, can I tip cash? Or do I have to ask for tips removed because I'm tipping cash? I am in Canada so it's a good way for me to get rid of us cash at the end.

You can tip either way. Or you can just send me any leftover cash if that makes you happy!!

If I have a bunch of cash left at the end of the cruise can I tip in cash or does it have to be charged to my stateroom account? I know I could go to guest services and give them cash' date=' but let's say I don't feel like waiting in line to do that, can I tip cash? Or do I have to ask for tips removed because I'm tipping cash? I am in Canada so it's a good way for me to get rid of us cash at the end.

You can stop at guest services and put the $12.95 per person per day in cash (it all goes the same place though....), you don't have to wait till the last night. GS can certainly put the cash towards you account which is the same thing. Hope this helps....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When you tip in cash, that money goes to the person you're giving it to. The auto gratuities on your sign and sail account are distributed to many people, including many people behind the scenes that you won't directly interact with. So, even if you want to give some cash directly to crew, think twice before removing the auto gratuities.

You can stop at guest services and put the $12.95 per person per day in cash (it all goes the same place though....), you don't have to wait till the last night. GS can certainly put the cash towards you account which is the same thing. Hope this helps....

If your going to use cash this is the best advice above on how to do it. You can pay cash against your stateroom bill at guest services etc.

Leave the auto gratuities on your account. Put cash down on that account. Any cash left over give to the steward, waiters etc. who served you all week. Or, take the extra cash home and put it back in the bank.

According to Carnival you certainly can.

take your extra cash to the next restaurant you visit. because as you know you must tip the dishwashers and cashiers and not just the waiter that served you. They all had a hand in the service you got when you were there, i promise you that they don't make much either.

Hi

I usually take "extra" money ;) home with me for our next trip.

We have a US$ savings account as well as US$ credit card. It cuts down on exchange fees and whenever we have other "extra" money that will be used for vacations, I will exchange it right away, waiting for our next trip. Even if we are not going on a cruise or to the states, I know it will get spent eventually, one dollar bills are very convenient anywhere in the Caribbean.

have a great cruise

I'm not totally sure about this, but I think you would have to go stand in line at GS to remove the auto tips anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Forums mobile app

take your extra cash to the next restaurant you visit. because as you know you must tip the dishwashers and cashiers and not just the waiter that served you. They all had a hand in the service you got when you were there, i promise you that they don't make much either.

Your waiter already tips out the cooks, bussers, hostile and bar tenders. Same for crew. They also tip out. When people remove the tips, and tip in cash ( yeah, right) the handful of people they see on the last day, all the wait teams that worked breakfast, lunches, brunch, Lido, etc get hosed.

You can either remove the tips and tip cash, or add the cash to your sign and sail account and let the auto-grats eat it up. Either way your going to have to stop at guest services, so do yourself a favor and make that pit stop the second to last day, not the last day if you are trying to avoid a line.

Servers tip them out a percentage of what is made. No different in the grand scheme of things which you are apparently oblivious of.

Edited by ray98