Can nightstands be moved?

Texasnee

I will be sharing a balcony room with a friend and we've requested twin beds. It looks like the larger bed is separated into twins and one of the nightstands is moved between the beds. The other nightstand looks like it fits up against the desk. Is this stand attached to the desk or could it be moved between the beds as well, making more separation between the beds? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have always been able to move them so the two are between beds. Generally when Twins are requested, this is how they are set up.

If not just ask your steward you will probably have to wait until later in the day when they get over the embarkation rush.

We (brother who I cruise with) always request a twin and even though it may be a queen when we first go in after saying that it should be twins it always is by the time we are going to bed. The answer is yes they can be moved.

Edited by dbeckett
added more information

Have always been able to move them so the two are between beds. Generally when Twins are requested, this is how they are set up.

The answer is yes they can be moved.

In an inside or oceanview cabin with the beds perpendicular to the window (or theoretical window of an inside) the beds will be split so both are parallel to the side walls with both nightstands moved in between.

But on our last two cruises (on Ruby and Emerald) in deck 8 oceanview cabins with the beds perpendicular to the side wall (as found in balcony cabins) the beds were split with only one nightstand between, the other still against the desk as the OP describes. We didn't ask but my guess is that you would have to unplug the lamp attached to the nightstand if it were movable--and I'm not sure it even is.

Edited by fishywood

I will be sharing a balcony room with a friend and we've requested twin beds. It looks like the larger bed is separated into twins and one of the nightstands is moved between the beds. The other nightstand looks like it fits up against the desk. Is this stand attached to the desk or could it be moved between the beds as well, making more separation between the beds? Thanks!

The nightstand that is against the closet wall is moved between the two beds exactly as you describe. Believe, but not certain, that the nightstand that is up against the desk can be moved on a Grand Class ship. But the normal set up is the one you describe. You would have to ask the cabin steward once on board, if possible to move the other nightstand. On the Royal and Regal the nightstand that is up against the desk can not be moved. It is a shelf unit that is part of the desk unit.

We were on the Crown a few weeks ago, in a mini-suite, and we had twin beds. My nightstand was beside the desk. One night, the ocean was rough and the nightstand on my side, started to squeak. I tried to move the nightstand to stop the squeaking it but it was quite firmly attached to the desk. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies, everyone! We'll be on the Star, Alaska Northbound next August. It doesn't look like there is much room between the twins. Maybe 18 inches or so. I was hoping we could put both nightstands in the center so we wouldn't be breathing down each other's necks! Either way we'll be fine, we'll survive. It that's the only problem we have we'll consider ourselves lucky.