Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

deliver42

I realize this is pure conjecture, but if someone with Celebrity experience can tell me if Celebrity has some unique sales on either of these days? Of course, I'm asking about past sales, because nobody knows about this year.

Does Celebrity really have any sales? Every time I look, it seems like Celebrity's idea of a sale is to first increase the price and then lower it n a "sale" a few days later or to reduce the price by removing parts of Good, Better, Best. It seems like a get an email from Celebrity about a sale everyday but none of them offer any true reduction in price. :mad:

Last year for us there was a price drop on Black Friday so that a C2 was cheaper than the A1 we had booked, with the same perks; we switched cabins. I'm not sure if this was from Celebrity or the TA affiliated with the Washington state big-box retailer. Since our cruise was the Mediterranean, a few months later during Wave season Celebrity had many cabins to sell and they dropped the A1 prices below the Black Friday C2 prices; so we switched back to our original A1 cabin.

I will be re-checking the prices of our future cruise this Black Friday.

While I realize that most price drops will not include the perks, I'm fine with that. Sailing with my mom in April, and while it would be nice to have grats paid, we don't need the drink package (mom will have one can of diet soda a day so not worth it) and we get internet time due to status.

If the price is low enough, I don't care about the perks. So I'll be watching to see if there is any movement on our cruise and try to take advantage of a BF/CM sale.

Does Celebrity really have any sales? Every time I look, it seems like Celebrity's idea of a sale is to first increase the price and then lower it n a "sale" a few days later or to reduce the price by removing parts of Good, Better, Best. It seems like a get an email from Celebrity about a sale everyday but none of them offer any true reduction in price. :mad:

b - do you mean on any sailings suited to you? There are several recent threads about sales and discounts on X within the last few weeks or is it possible you missed them?

bon voyage

I agree with others that usually Celebrity plays a shell game with moving around Perks or prices and the net remains the same. That said one sometimes finds a good deal.

Having said that, one that usually pops up around Holiday's is a reduced deposit sale. $25 deposit is a common promotion but supposedly doesn't include Suites. Sometimes it works for Suites - other times it won't give you the $25 deposit automatically and you have to call in and get a refund of the excess deposit.

I have my best luck when I'm just skimming different sites looking for a deal. Sometimes it takes months to find the right one. Perfect example, I found a steal on the Reflection for the week after Thanksgiving with a 2a balcony and drink pkg for a bit over a grand for the 2 of us. That's with the American Express credit, dinner credit and OBC. I see this week the price has almost doubled. I had been looking since last winter, so persistence definitely pays off! Like other people have mentioned the "Big Sales" really aren't so great most of the time.

I would gladly accept reduced deposit. I'm looking at an 11 night on the Reflection for March, 2018, and they want $900.00 deposit.I know in the end it all comes out in the wash, but I think $900.00 is a little high to tie up for over a year.

Last year for us there was a price drop on Black Friday so that a C2 was cheaper than the A1 we had booked, with the same perks; we switched cabins. I'm not sure if this was from Celebrity or the TA affiliated with the Washington state big-box retailer. Since our cruise was the Mediterranean, a few months later during Wave season Celebrity had many cabins to sell and they dropped the A1 prices below the Black Friday C2 prices; so we switched back to our original A1 cabin.

I will be re-checking the prices of our future cruise this Black Friday.

Does this retailer name start with a C?

I realize this is pure conjecture, but if someone with Celebrity experience can tell me if Celebrity has some unique sales on either of these days? Of course, I'm asking about past sales, because nobody knows about this year.

Last year my husband and I returned from a 7 day cruise on Celebrity's Silhouette just before Thanksgiving. We loved the ship and the onboard service, so when we saw a sale offered by an online travel agency we booked a balcony cabin on the same cruise for the beginning of December for the same price we paid for the 2015 cruise. As a part of the Thanksgiving sale we also received the drink package, complimentary gratuities and $250.00 OBC.

We will definitely checking the prices and perks for their Thanksgiving sale again this year. ;)

While I agree the sales are kind of a shell game - strangely I kind of like it. It is like a mystery to see "will I save money or won't I"? I think the reason I can view it this way is that when I book a cruise it is because the cruise is worth whatever I am paying. If the price drops - HOW FUN! If it does not - no big deal as I paid what I was willing to pay.

While I agree the sales are kind of a shell game - strangely I kind of like it. It is like a mystery to see "will I save money or won't I"? I think the reason I can view it this way is that when I book a cruise it is because the cruise is worth whatever I am paying. If the price drops - HOW FUN! If it does not - no big deal as I paid what I was willing to pay.

I agree Lisa, we have had a reduction 6 times and changed cabins 3 for our cruise in April. I am excited to check now on Black Friday. We are booked direct with Celebrity and when I check their website and see a reduction using the same two perks we have I call them. Wednesday it was a $99. (cdn) reduction but when I called it was actually $147. reduction when they combine sales or whatever they do.

I am looking at booking a cruise for may 2017, never cruised with celebrity before so I am guessing cyber Monday aka Black Friday is the best time ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I will be watching closely, hoping for another price decrease at that time.:D:D

I have my best luck when I'm just skimming different sites looking for a deal. Sometimes it takes months to find the right one. Perfect example, I found a steal on the Reflection for the week after Thanksgiving with a 2a balcony and drink pkg for a bit over a grand for the 2 of us. That's with the American Express credit, dinner credit and OBC. I see this week the price has almost doubled. I had been looking since last winter, so persistence definitely pays off! Like other people have mentioned the "Big Sales" really aren't so great most of the time.

What is the American Express credit?

IDK if it applies to the cruise you have in mind, but there's been a fairly sizeable fare reduction I've noticed this week. We have a Caribbean scheduled in 11/2017 on Reflection and we had a choice of a $400 fare reduction for a C2and a loss of $100 of our OBC that wasn't combinable, but keeping our bev package and grats or upgrading to Aqua A1 for the same fare we booked Concierge C3 (with CC upgrade to C2) and keeping all of our perks, drinks, grats, and OBC. Friends of ours checked their Jan 2018 Eclipse Caribbean and were booked in Aqua A1 and got a $450 fare reduction and kept all of their perks and OBC as well. You might want to check.:D

IDK if it applies to the cruise you have in mind, but there's been a fairly sizeable fare reduction I've noticed this week. We have a Caribbean scheduled in 11/2017 on Reflection and we had a choice of a $400 fare reduction for a C2and a loss of $100 of our OBC that wasn't combinable, but keeping our bev package and grats or upgrading to Aqua A1 for the same fare we booked Concierge C3 (with CC upgrade to C2) and keeping all of our perks, drinks, grats, and OBC. Friends of ours checked their Jan 2018 Eclipse Caribbean and were booked in Aqua A1 and got a $450 fare reduction and kept all of their perks and OBC as well. You might want to check.:D

Oh wow! Do I check with Celebrity or with American Express? My cruise is in March 2017 & is my first time on Celebrity.