Pleased with my first Celebrity cruise,and surprised

alexandra cruiser

Took my Infinity cruise last wk.and was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. Usually go on Oceania,Seabourn,Regent,etc. and gave up on mass market after terrible RC cruise.

Booked a suite and very spacious with great butler service and room service.

Enjoyed the suite rest.Luminae,also Blu, but MR too crowded.Also, noticed real difference at buffets.Just too many people and too chaotic there.

The 2 theater shows were impressive,but passed on the comedian and singer after 15 mins.

Did not take any shore exc.so can t comment on them. STill not liking the nickel and dime thing,even for cappachino,etc.

May consider doing another and glad I gave them a try.We got a lot of perks,but almost as pricy per day as luxury lines ,when you figure all the extras. In general, you DO GET what you pay for on cruises,as in life,it seems.BUt a real step above Mass market lines.:)

Took my Infinity cruise last wk.and was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. Usually go on Oceania,Seabourn,Regent,etc. and gave up on mass market after terrible RC cruise.

Enjoyed the suite rest.Luminae,also Blu, but MR too crowded.Also, noticed real difference at buffets.Just too many people and too chaotic there.

The 2 theater shows were impressive,but passed on the comedian and singer after 15 mins.

Did not take any shore exc.so can t comment on them. STill not liking the nickel and dime thing,even for cappachino,etc.

May consider doing another and glad I gave them a try.We got a lot of perks,but almost as pricy per day as luxury lines ,when you figure all the extras. In general, you DO GET what you pay for on cruises,as in life,it seems.BUt a real step above Mass market lines.:)

Glad you liked it! But with the suite you should have had a premium beverage package, tips, wifi, and OBC. This would have eliminated the "nickle and diming," no? For example, your cappuccino would have been free.

Cheers,

Glad you liked it! But with the suite you should have had a premium beverage package, tips, wifi, and OBC. This would have eliminated the "nickle and diming," no? For example, your cappuccino would have been free.

Cheers,

Only in senior suites... If you in Sky or Celebrity suite, you would get the mentioned perks.

We got a lot of perks,but almost as pricy per day as luxury lines ,when you figure all the extras.

I have shopped the premium lines frequently. I can purchase a suite on Celebrity for the same cost as a veranda on a premium line. I will take the suite on Celebrity.

Only in senior suites... If you in Sky or Celebrity suite, you would get the mentioned perks.

Actually, all four perks (beverage package, gratuities, OBC, and unlimited internet) are now included with all suites on Celebrity, so no "nickel and diming" in suites. Also, my understanding is that a suite guest can get all the complimentary cappuccino one wants in Michael's Club.

Perhaps try one of the S-class ships. We found the Eclipse with their 14 day trips to be very enjoyable.

Glad you enjoyed your experience. I also suggest, like the previous post, that you try an S class ship...We find it amazing that a larger ship, because of its design, never seems busy or crowded.

I would also suggest you look at booking RS or PH...no nickel and diming possible as you already have premium drinks, unlimited speciality dining, laundry, minibar, suite spirit set up....We find it really suits us. All the benefits and facilities of a large ship but the 'club' atmosphere and service when you want it.

for each extra,so you re right.Just having card on me and presenting it was a new experience. Just prefer other lines,but as I said,very happy with this,in a different way.

Only problem with Michaels was, never seemed to be open when we were around there.But very nice service when we did go.

The other smaller ships seem less crowded and better service,smaller lines,less chaos.Luckily there are many cruises lines to choose from.One for everyone.

We are also in our 70 s and prefer slower pace and less noise,sadly. Years ago we LOVED just going on ANY cruise and it was such a luxury.

But would take another Celebrity if itinerary what I wanted.

We have cruised 2 times this year with all 4 perks booked in a Sky Suite. The premium drink package covers cappuccinos. Plus being in a Sky Suite your butler will bring a cappuccinos to your suite. We have only cruised on the S class ships with Michael's Club so far. Michael's Club was never locked, it is open 24-7. They have a Nespresso Machine you can use anytime. Also a bank of chillers for water, beer and soda. I thought there is someone at Michael's from 6am to 11pm. I hope we don't run into problems on Millennium in Jan, 2017.

We have cruised 2 times this year with all 4 perks booked in a Sky Suite. The premium drink package covers cappuccinos. Plus being in a Sky Suite your butler will bring a cappuccinos to your suite. We have only cruised on the S class ships with Michael's Club so far. Michael's Club was never locked, it is open 24-7. They have a Nespresso Machine you can use anytime. Also a bank of chillers for water, beer and soda. I thought there is someone at Michael's from 6am to 11pm. I hope we don't run into problems on Millennium in Jan, 2017.

Michael's Club has always been open on our 4 suit life cruises...On one or two occasions we have gone in and had to wait for a minute or two for the bar staff who would come in carrying stock or glasses....

We went in a few times and either no one there or staff told us not open now.But when we did see lights on we went in and got good service.

Did notice Nexpresso machine,but not sure if we could use it.Looked sort of complicated and no cups out.

Went to a future cruise lecture there and only 2 people showed up.Felt sorry for presenter.

All in all, glad we gave it a try.But only if we booked a suite.Also my TA gives perks and discounts for luxury lines,but won t even book mass market,or Celebrity. Sort of odd,but had to do booking on own,or find another TA for this one.It definitely says on TA web,but sort of miffed since I book at least 2 with her a yr.Oh well.

That's only on cruises that offer the Go Best perk though isn't it? for Repos, TAs etc. its only in the top suites. I have no idea which cruise the OP was on but I think a couple of infinity cruises had no perks.

PS.Love that beagle ,TeaBag. Just lost my dear old beagle Max,at 16, 4 mos.ago.Sure miss him and one of the reasons I booked this 5 Caribbean cruise at last min. Had one booked for Jan.on Oceania but needed a break due to profound feelings of loss and sadness over his death.

Realize reason I thought it was "nickel and dime"thing is the costs were printed on menu(even Luminae,for extra coffee drinks) and everytime I handed card ,not sure if covered or not. Finally asked,but as firstimer,did NOT KNOW exactly.

Also, it was mentioned in above posts re/fully stocked refrig, Ours was empty and didn t work, till I told butler.Never knew it was to be stocked and wasn t.

Had to ASk for items that should have been provided, often many times, like water bottles, breakfast order forms,etc. No big thing,but could do a little better there.

Again, don t mean to nitpick,but most cruises appreciate the comments to help improve experience.

PS.Love that beagle ,TeaBag. Just lost my dear old beagle Max,at 16, 4 mos.ago.Sure miss him and one of the reasons I booked this 5 Caribbean cruise at last min. Had one booked for Jan.on Oceania but needed a break due to profound feelings of loss and sadness over his death.

Realize reason I thought it was "nickel and dime"thing is the costs were printed on menu(even Luminae,for extra coffee drinks) and everytime I handed card ,not sure if covered or not. Finally asked,but as firstimer,did NOT KNOW exactly.

Also, it was mentioned in above posts re/fully stocked refrig, Ours was empty and didn t work, till I told butler.Never knew it was to be stocked and wasn t.

Had to ASk for items that should have been provided, often many times, like water bottles, breakfast order forms,etc. No big thing,but could do a little better there.

Again, don t mean to nitpick,but most cruises appreciate the comments to help improve experience.

What Suite room were you in? I simply ask because PH and RS have free stocking of the minibar but other suites pay to use minibar items...As there is a cost many CS and SS guests prefer the bar to be emptied of the pay items and then stock as they like themselves...

Actually, all four perks (beverage package, gratuities, OBC, and unlimited internet) are now included with all suites on Celebrity, so no "nickel and diming" in suites....

Hope anyone reading this thread understands the following. The four perks (Go Best promo) are sometimes included for Sky Suite guests.

But not always. Promos come and go. I was looking at 2018 Caribbean Cruises today on the X website that only offer a $300 OBC, end of story. (Which explains why the prices were less outrageous than they were a few weeks ago when the web site showed Go Best as included.)

Hope anyone reading this thread understands the following. The four perks (Go Best promo) are sometimes included for Sky Suite guests.

But not always. Promos come and go. I was looking at 2018 Caribbean Cruises today on the X website that only offer a $300 OBC, end of story. (Which explains why the prices were less outrageous than they were a few weeks ago when the web site showed Go Best as included.)

You also don't get them on repo cruises as you do in the top suits.

You can still get all the perks for a suite in 2018 For an on board booking. At least it was being offered on the Reflection.

I just looked at 2018 Caribbean cruises. One perk choice was offered for oceanview and above and 4 for sky suite and above. Maybe there was a glitch or exception for the sailing you viewed.

I just looked at 2018 Caribbean cruises. One perk choice was offered for oceanview and above and 4 for sky suite and above. Maybe there was a glitch or exception for the sailing you viewed.

The January 22, 2018 14 day Eclipse cruise does not include 4 perks for a suite, so maybe some do and some do not?