Mariner Benefits on Back-to-Back Cruises

Mekka

If you have back-to-back cruises with different booking numbers, are you eligible to collect your Mariner benefits twice?

We are 5 star Mariners and should receive things like a day in the Thermal Suite, Wine Tasting and a Cooking class. Do we get them twice? Or will they limit you to one time only during the back-to-back cruises?

Thank you.

If you have back-to-back cruises with different booking numbers, are you eligible to collect your Mariner benefits twice?

We are 5 star Mariners and should receive things like a day in the Thermal Suite, Wine Tasting and a Cooking class. Do we get them twice? Or will they limit you to one time only during the back-to-back cruises?

Thank you.

Why don't you ask the Mariner's Society the question. Then we would all have an answer with no speculation. You would also take their response to the front office if need be.

To my knowledge and with a few BtB cruise experiences, mariners points are NOT awarded until completion of your passage.

As the previous poster noted, checking with the Mariner Society directly would probably get you a definitive answer.

Why don't you ask the Mariner's Society the question. Then we would all have an answer with no speculation. You would also take their response to the front office if need be.

Mekka

We've had this situation and have received the 2 Pinnacle, Cooking Class, Spa Day, Wine Tasting on BOTH segments.

Nevertheless, the above advice is very to-the-point.

Best to get this in writing from the Mariner Society, as things change on HAL all the time.

Also, sometimes it is a ship-to-ship thing and they may not honour what the Mariner Society says, so......... please confirm this with the Front Desk the first day on board!

Edited by SilvertoGold

Mekka please let us know what Mariners society says. I am in the same situation. They are already looking into specialty restaurants on Koningsdam as the last letter they wrote me mentioned a 15% service charge on restaurants which I am sure is only on drinks. They are extremely helpful in replying.

When the 5 star Mariner level began, we already had more than 500 days that is required for that level.

The star level began several years.

Since then we have taken quite a few Collector Cruises and back-to-back cruises. And we have received invitations for both wine tastings, Pinnacle dinners for both segments as well as all the other perks.

I spoke to the Mariner Society representative and she confirmed that you should receive full benefits for each leg of a back-to-back trip.

I think it is good advice to confirm this understanding at the front desk on the first day of the cruise. We have found that it is sometimes necessary to request Mariner benefits in order to receive them.

I spoke to the Mariner Society representative and she confirmed that you should receive full benefits for each leg of a back-to-back trip.

I think it is good advice to confirm this understanding at the front desk on the first day of the cruise. We have found that it is sometimes necessary to request Mariner benefits in order to receive them.

Thank you for phoning and sharing. I know we paid hundreds more for B2B than the Collectors but I bought the first trip and my husband bought the second as a birthday gift. I guess we should share more info. Should be great to try the new ship for 21 days. Love CC and all the helpful info. Happy Cruising Everyone.

Thank you.

If you booked it as 2 reservation numbers, you will get perks on each leg.

This is helpful information, indeed. I often book b2b cruises and have never thought about requesting two different booking numbers for the cruises. Not only would one benefit from the Mariner Society benefits, but the CCL Shareholder On-Board Credits as well.

Thanks for doing this!

This is helpful information, indeed. I often book b2b cruises and have never thought about requesting two different booking numbers for the cruises. Not only would one benefit from the Mariner Society benefits, but the CCL Shareholder On-Board Credits as well.

Thanks for doing this!

If they have 2 different numbers you are probably paying hundreds more. I know this was the case for our upcoming trips.

On our Westerdam cruise in April/May 2016, we were pleasantly surprised when the PG manager said we were entitled to another free dinner/lunch - whichever. We already had a dinner booked and yes, we were credited for that dinner. This was a Collectors's cruise. Not a B2B.

I didn't ask, she stopped me on the way out and told the 5*'s that it was the Captain's thank you for staying on board. I thought it was a very nice gesture and am not insinuating that this would happen on every Collector's cruise. We had an outstanding Captain on our cruise along with a great HD. I do believe it flows from the top down.

Mekka

We've had this situation and have received the 2 Pinnacle, Cooking Class, Spa Day, Wine Tasting on BOTH segments.

Nevertheless, the above advice is very to-the-point.

Best to get this in writing from the Mariner Society, as things change on HAL all the time.

Also, sometimes it is a ship-to-ship thing and they may not honour what the Mariner Society says, so......... please confirm this with the Front Desk the first day on board!

..Same for us.

If they have 2 different numbers you are probably paying hundreds more. I know this was the case for our upcoming trips.

For the price of the two cruises, no, I have and am not being charged so much more. That I checked.

For the additional perks, I just never thought about that.

This is an "old dog" likes to be taught "new tricks"!

One more reason that Cruise Critic is such a valuable source of information!

On our Westerdam cruise in April/May 2016, we were pleasantly surprised when the PG manager said we were entitled to another free dinner/lunch - whichever. We already had a dinner booked and yes, we were credited for that dinner. This was a Collectors's cruise. Not a B2B.

I didn't ask, she stopped me on the way out and told the 5*'s that it was the Captain's thank you for staying on board. I thought it was a very nice gesture and am not insinuating that this would happen on every Collector's cruise. We had an outstanding Captain on our cruise along with a great HD. I do believe it flows from the top down.

Usually when this happens on Collectors voyages you receive a nice note saying the Captain is extending a complimentary Pinnacle dinner. I am surprised you didn't receive this note!