Booked multi part cruise but only 1 part appears to have been boooked by agency?

ace2542

Sorry this is long winded. I am not naming the cruise lines/package so that the cruise agency is not identifed on a public forum.

I have booked myself onto a cruise for next christmas. The cruise is 2 cruises on 1 ship from and back into southampton with a connecting cruise in the middle. One part does not appear to have been booked despite 25% deposit being paid nearly 1 month ago now.

I have emailed the booking agency they said the cruise line didn't send them any cabin info till after full bill has been paid so. That would be 10 months from now so I decided to try and chase up cabin assignments myself and the cruise line cannot find my booking on their system and they say they should have had it by now. The booking was made one month ago. Cruise line said to wait a couple of days and get in they touch they would get in touch with the agency. I did so and I have emailed the agency with these concerns and they have not responded thus far. Agency is abta/atol bonded.

It doesn't make any sense that one part of the cruise would be booked and the other one not be booked. I don't understand how they ensure i get my cabin without booking it? I am quite concerned now because there are several different advertised itineraries involving this cruise ship covering the period of both sailings and at least 25 plus agencies and high street travel agents and company own marketing efforts trying to fill the cabins.

Before i discovered this problem I emailed the agency and asked them to add an onboard benefit which I would be eligable for. They said they would do so? They are going to add the onboard credit to the booking they haven't made!

Thank you for your responses guys. I don't how to proceed. It is possible I simply do not understand the relationship between cruise line and agency. It is probably a simple clerical error. Or something more sinister.

I know it's long winded. I have worded it this way so that the booking agent is not identifed. I don't wish to damage anyones reputation if it can be avoid.

Edited by ace2542

Did you pay the agency with a credit card for all cruises ?

Where did the deposit go to ...cruise line name or TA name?

I would ask to speak to someone higher up in the agency to get this sorted now

I know in the UK you cannot just cancel & rebook so you need to keep at them

Maybe someone in the UK will have other suggestions for you

Did you pay the agency with a credit card for all cruises ?

Where did the deposit go to ...cruise line name or TA name?

I would ask to speak to someone higher up in the agency to get this sorted now

I know in the UK you cannot just cancel & rebook so you need to keep at them

Maybe someone in the UK will have other suggestions for you

Yes I paid with a credit card I was sent the confirmation, terms and conditions, recepit, visa information that kind of thing. I forwarded all that onto the cruise line when I emailed them. I will ring them and get into it. I actually work for an accident managemet company in uk so I might get our company to look into it for me as well.

Although you cannot name the agency you booked with, it is okay to name the cruise line, and maybe visit the board here for that cruise line. People there may be able to help you sort it out. EM

Christmas cruise from Southampton narrows the field down a lot!

Yes I paid with a credit card I was sent the confirmation, terms and conditions, recepit, visa information that kind of thing. .

I guess what I was trying to ask (unsuccessfully ) was ...on your Visa bill was the payment made to the Cruise line/Tour operator or the the TA ?

I guess what I was trying to ask (unsuccessfully ) was ...on your Visa bill was the payment made to the Cruise line/Tour operator or the the TA ?

Payment was made to booking agency. Not to the cruise line. We don't pay the cruise line we pay the booking company. I will contact the cruise line again tonight and then ring up the booking agent again after that. That should get it sorted out. But what can I do if it does not.

Edited by ace2542

Payment was made to booking agency. Not to the cruise line. We don't pay the cruise line we pay the booking company. I will contact the cruise line again tonight and then ring up the booking agent again after that. That should get it sorted out. But what can I do if it does not.

Ok

That is a different system to North America

If we book through a tour company then it is like yours but the Cruises are shown on the Visa as whatever cruise line we booked with as they receive the payment

Maybe post on the UK forum I am sure others have probably used the same cruise package

Good luck

Edited by LHT28

Ok

That is a different system to North America

If we book through a tour company then it is like yours but the Cruises are shown on the Visa as whatever cruise line we booked with as they receive the payment

Maybe post on the UK forum I am sure others have probably used the same cruise package

Good luck

I thought this was uk forum the web address is.co.uk Thanks for the help.