Forward Deluxe Balcony

ne1travel

Previous posters (search for Royal L101) have stated that the balcony was never locked, and that many days at sea the balcony was nice. Keep in mind, though, it may get windy.

The "Part Obstructed" means that there is metal rather than glass on the railing. (They forget to tell you that the balconies are bigger up front!)

Also, the drapes must be closed at night to keep the light from bothering the bridge.

(I have one on the Royal in April -- looking forward to it!)

Edited by BDRebel

There's a video of L101 here on YouTube:

When we had a similarly situated cabin on the Sapphire Princess, we were able to use the balcony at all times. (We were on an Alaskan cruise, and having this front balcony gave us a great view.) The guy doing the video says that they did not lock the door to his balcony while they were at sea either.

There's a video of L101 here on YouTube:

When we had a similarly situated cabin on the Sapphire Princess, we were able to use the balcony at all times. (We were on an Alaskan cruise, and having this front balcony gave us a great view.) The guy doing the video says that they did not lock the door to his balcony while they were at sea either.

Last year we had a minisuite on the very front of the Royal. When we booked the agent warned us that we could not use the balcony while at sea. No problem. We were able to use the huge balcony at all times. When it was windy we just stayed away from the railing.

Having the metallic below the railing was not a problem either.

Looking at L103 on the REGAL for 2017 cruise. Does anyone know what this really means? Can we not use Balcony while at sea?

PART OBSTRUCTED VIEWNON-GLASS BALC RAIL BALCONY ACCESS WHEN IN PORT ONLY

As mentioned instead of glass to see through its solid steel.

Balcony can be very!! windy but will not be locked but could be unusable when underway.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Was very windy for us when we had in the winter in Caribbean. I liked the big size but husband complained about the long walk to an elevator. Have E110 on 11/13/16 so will be on the port side to help with the wind. Husband will still complain about the walk but will have to get over it. I spend a lot of time on the balcony and he watches tv.

We loved the forward deluxe balcony. It can be windy but we loved the perspective from the front of the ship. It was great coming in and leaving the ports. We were in the Caribbean and the weather was warm but we will book this cabin again.

We liked the extra steps it took to get to the cabin.:)

We had L101 last year on Regal. LOVED it. We went in March and the balcony was never unusable. Very quiet - loved the privacy of being in a section of the ship where there are only 63 cabins. Such a great location being on the pool deck.

We are booked in a corner MiniSuite (L108) next year and can't wait to sit on the HUGE balcony and look up at the stars.

It means sweeping views like what the captain sees and a deep balcony! [emoji106] The only downsides are that the balcony is solid steel instead of glass, so you do have to stand to see out, and there's a lot more wind at the front of the ship. They don't lock the balcony door, though; it's just a matter of if you want to be out there when it's windy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are booking in L101 in March. I am looking forward to being able to have the same view as those on the bridge. During the Ultimate Ship Tour I was on last year, while touring the bridge, the rest of the group was looking at the equipment, I was looking out the forward windows. I can't wait to have this view for a whole week.