Norovirus-Caribbean Princess

SteelMagnolia9

Just received an email from Princess advising that my cruise departing on Nov. 5th on Caribbean Princess will be delayed in boarding for additional sanitizing due to norovirus onboard. Not what I wanted to hear after anticipating this cruise for months....

Anyone currently onboard who can provide any information on this?

Just received an email from Princess advising that my cruise departing on Nov. 5th on Caribbean Princess will be delayed in boarding for additional sanitizing due to norovirus onboard. Not what I wanted to hear after anticipating this cruise for months....

Anyone currently onboard who can provide any information on this?

Already posted....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2419908

I don't know about the Caribbean Princess, but the only time we were delayed boarding due to noro, it was the cleanest ship I've ever boarded!

The down side was that the bars were late opening so they could sanitize every bottle and all the glasses. We were in a suite and didn't have any glasses or ice foe 2 days. The buffet was served by crew -no help yourself!

During the cruise, I heard that our crew had some outbreaks and also heard that there were no outbreaks. Go figure.

There was also a hospital ship (coast guard if I remember right) docked next to us but never heard of it was there due to the noro.

It was about 4 pm before we were able to board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't know about the Caribbean Princess, but the only time we were delayed boarding due to noro, it was the cleanest ship I've ever boarded!

The down side was that the bars were late opening so they could sanitize every bottle and all the glasses. We were in a suite and didn't have any glasses or ice foe 2 days. The buffet was served by crew -no help yourself!

The way it should be!

I've been fortunate not to have been exposed to it, either on a cruise or elsewhere. Usually, where I live (FL), it sometimes occurs in nursing homes or assisted living facilities.

I leave tomorrow morning with a friend on the Cruise Connection bus, so I guess I'll be standing outside of the terminal reading a book for several hours. I've been advised through another email the terminal will also be closed for cleaning.

• 2 weeks later...

I returned yesterday from my cruise on the Caribbean Princess. The sanitizing prior to boarding and precautions with regards to food service the first two days ensured a healthy cruise. There were no further issues regarding norovirus on the cruise.

On another note, this was my second cruise with Princess. Loved the unique itinerary to the ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao) - my first time to these islands. Beautiful cruise and wonderful service onboard.