how do you reserve a specialty without paying?

luckyinpa

im undecided about buying SDP or not. but for the fun of it went to see what time were free for teppanyaki. my understanding is kids can eat free there off the kids menu. but it wanted to make me pay for all 4 meals. so how do you reserve without paying?

even if i bought 2 SDP i'm sure it would make me pay for 2 other meals.

You can't, you'll have to wait till your on board in order to book w/out paying up front.

When you get on board DO NOT DELAY getting to the Dining Reservations Desk to make those reservation(s) (without payment up front).

Your account will be billed when you check-in for dinner - if you have

Specialty Dining programs - note these to the waiter or other person in charge to waive the restaurant fees.

The dining reservation desk can answer any further questions at the time of making the reservation or make alternative choices available.

You can't, you'll have to wait till your on board in order to book w/out paying up front.

Incorrect.

If you have a SDP, when you book online, you will not be charged. The system will deduct the dinner from your SDP.

REMEMBER: Teppanyaki is VERY popular. On small ships, reservations will sell out quickly. You need to book exactly at 90 days (100 days for suites guests). If you don't book in advance, you need to book as soon as you get onboard.

I have SDP from the promo. I have 2 in my room and a 3rd person in a second room and the system allowed me to book dinners for 3 without paying a thing. Had to book for 4 for teppenyaki though (had to pick 2 or 4), will fix it on the ship, but it didn't charge me anything.

i bought 2 SDP and reserved teppanyaki for the 2 adults. before i bought it, i reserved cagneys and ocean blue with no issues.

however now there's a 70.80 charge on my account and it says payment due. i'm surmising 35.34 x 2 is 70.80 and they are saying i owe for the 2 kids but of course i wont pay it.

i do worry when i decide to buy internet that it will make me pay the outstanding 70 bucks in addition to the internet package. i was going to wait until near sailing to buy it. should i call and try to adjust the 70 off now or just wait.

i figured out the 70.80. i booked ocean blue and cagneys before buying the SDP. i have email confirmation of ocean blue and cagneys and it says alacarte

then i bought SDP

i looked at the confirmation and it has teppanyaki 0, cagneys 0 but has ocean blue at 60 for 4 plus 10.80 gratuity. if you dont check out in 15 minutes it takes it out of your cart. when i went to see my vacation summary my OB reservation was no longer there.

so now i booked ocean blue for 35.40 for 2 people and will just have the kids along and say table for 4. i'm not going to double charge myself and ask for a refund. that seems like asking for trouble. too bad ncl doesnt designate kids on their reservations

hey i decided to READ the entire email they send out. i found this so you have to assume it's valid and they want you to pay for the kids up front then get a credit. um no thanks.

CHILDREN MAY ORDER FROM OUR COMPLIMENTARY CHILDREN’S MENU IN ANY OF OUR SPECIALTY RESTAURANTS FREE OF CHARGE, OR THEY

MAY ORDER FROM THE SPECIALTY RESTURANT MENU AT FULL COVER CHARGE.

ALL ADJUSTMENTS FOR PRE-PAID RESERVATIONS FOR CHILDREN WILL BE COMPLETED ONBOARD THROUGH THE POSTING OF A CREDIT TO YOUR

STATEROOM ONBOARD ACCOUNT AT THE CONCLUSION OF YOUR DINING EXPERIENCE