Quick clarification! Two people can share Voom Surf & Stream 2 device package?

Hi! So I'll have my cell (use for fb a lot during cruise, email and texting) and my notebook. My guy has his cell (use for all the same) and his chromebook (probably use to stream football) on this cruise. So can we share a surf and stream package for two devices as long as we only have two things signed in at the same time?

Yes. When you log in with one device it stays logged in. Once you log in on another device it deactivates log in from the other. Quick tip: Keep the password stored in your notes on your device so you can copy and paste it into the password area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They say it logs you off after 2 hours of non-WiFi use, but we did not find that to always be the case.

You may not touch your device for a day but if it's doing something in the background (many do) with WiFi, that resets the 2 hr inactivity period.

Edited by Biker19

Works great... just don't forget to log off when you are finished with one device. They say it logs you off after 2 hours of non-use, but we did not find that to always be the case.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are on a ship with VOOM, logging in while someone else is logged on will knock the first person off.

:)

If you are on a ship with VOOM, logging in while someone else is logged on will knock the first person off.

:)

Didn't work that way for us with the two device package on both Oasis and Allure. If two devices were logged on you had to physically log one off for someone else to log on.

I think that automatic logoff only happens with the one device package.

Anybody had any luck with a travel router

Not sure if that would work. You need to log into the RCL site to authenticate. I tried to enable my phone hotspot while connected on the Anthem and my wife's phone would not connect. They ships network can probably tell of connections are being shared and disables it.

A travel router, or or specifically one that does bridge mode simply allows you to connect to one wifi network and bridge that connection to other devices. For instance to connect to the wifi I have a "splash screen" where terms and conditions have to be accepted. The router will connect to that network. My iPad connects to my router and when I try to use the Internet it will pass along that splash screen for me to accept the terms on. Then from that point any device connected to the router does not need to accept terms. The wifi network would only see one connection, but there could be up to 254 other devices connected to the travel router.

The login to the rci site isn't an issue, but I have heard that rci is blocking Mac addresses of known travel router brands

A travel router, or or specifically one that does bridge mode simply allows you to connect to one wifi network and bridge that connection to other devices. For instance to connect to the wifi I have a "splash screen" where terms and conditions have to be accepted. The router will connect to that network. My iPad connects to my router and when I try to use the Internet it will pass along that splash screen for me to accept the terms on. Then from that point any device connected to the router does not need to accept terms. The wifi network would only see one connection, but there could be up to 254 other devices connected to the travel router.

The login to the rci site isn't an issue, but I have heard that rci is blocking Mac addresses of known travel router brands

If anyone does ever get something like this to work, be sure and have the surf & stream package, because the surf only package is SLOW and barely fast enough for one device to load a webpage...

If anyone does ever get something like this to work, be sure and have the surf & stream package, because the surf only package is SLOW and barely fast enough for one device to load a webpage...

Not much choice at the moment since only the Stream package is being offered online. Surf only may or may not come back.

Not much choice at the moment since only the Stream package is being offered online. Surf only may or may not come back.

Ahh, I didn't realize that. I bought the discounted surf only package for our cruise last month (which I think at the time was the only one offered at a discount) and regretted it once I saw how slow it actually was. I would never do it again. It it had been any longer than a 5 night cruise I would have upgraded it... :)

Both surf and surf & stream were being offered on Harmony this week although at prices higher than through the cruise planner.

Thankfully, RCI has kept the shipboard VOOM choices fairly constant - the online choices seem to change quite often.