Cozumel beach in December?

fla33023

I live in S. Florida so I should clearly know the answer to this, but I don't. I'm probably overthinking. I checked a weather site and last year in Cozumel the high temp was 77 on the day I'll be there. Now, I wouldn't plan to spend a day at the beach in Miami if it was only 77 so I'm not sure if I should book Mr. Sanchos. I'm sure there's an indoor area in case of rain or not hot, but I didn't see any pics on the website. Any advice? Thanks!

We were in Cozumel as a port stop for three weeks in a row in January of last year as we did B2B2B cruises on Navigator out of Galveston and it was hot, into the eighties degrees F on each visit. Stopping there in early December should have an even higher temperature so that high of 77 last year likely was an unusual cool day. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

We did Nachi 5 years ago in December and we are doing it again on our upcoming trip. The weather was perfect last time and we are expecting more of the same this time. I live in south florida too so i get what you are saying, but don't worry about it. Cozumel in December is beautiful.

We did Nachi 5 years ago in December and we are doing it again on our upcoming trip. The weather was perfect last time and we are expecting more of the same this time. I live in south florida too so i get what you are saying, but don't worry about it. Cozumel in December is beautiful.

Glad you got me! Thanks for the reply. I'm going to give it a go for sure.

You'll love Cozumel. They average high in December is 82, great beach weather. And the sun is very strong in the tropics so 82 will feel very hot trust me :)

That's what I was wondering - if maybe a tropic heat would feel warmer. Kind of like humidity vs non-humidity. Thank you!

We live and the same city and I know what you are talking about. I took a December cruise after graduating from FIU like 2 years ago and it was late December in fact I spent Christmas at sea. I remember going to an excursion about ruins and beach break. We were sweating like crazy and the beach was super warm. I also went to grand cayman and the water was super warm

I rarely jump to the beach in miami unless it's summer or maybe if it's super hot and my pool water is warm. I was surprised how warm the water was in December compared to Miami Beach's temperature.

My next sailing date is December 2016 wester itinerary because I'm saving more money than sailing in May and the weather is perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are from Delaware and snowbirding south of Myrtle Beach. I find all of you Floridians quite amusing as to 77 degree temps.

We were IN the ocean the other day and have been wearing shorts and sandals. The temps dropped, but the sandals are still on, or not when we walk the beach.

One person asked if we were from Alaska!:eek:

Our condo unit reminds me of an aft balcony on a cruise ship, our sliders are cracked open, we can hear the ocean, smell the ocean, see the ocean and very lucky that we can do this along with a cruise next week.

Concerning the OP, Expect hot and humid weather in Coz.

Enjoy your cruise!!:)