Arrest on Carnival Liberty?

shallow1

My husband happen to be watching the Galveston cruise cam when the Liberty came in on Monday. He said he noticed what appeared to be 3 or 4 police officers(?) board the Liberty and shortly after exit with a gentlemen in handcuffs!!! What a way to ruin your cruise!!!!

This is all very interesting i have never heard of this happening let alone seeing it on any cruise I've been on. I guess if you didnt know you had a warrant? But would that show up when you do the online checkin with you passport information for the Manifest?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Yes, a friends friend I know, had a warrant in Florida and stupidly went there for a cruise. Claimed of course that it was all taken care of years ago which is possible I guess, but he still took the non consensual ride downtown post cruise.

I'm surprised they are allowed to even board the ship if there are warrants.

This is all very interesting i have never heard of this happening let alone seeing it on any cruise I've been on. I guess if you didnt know you had a warrant? But would that show up when you do the online checkin with you passport information for the Manifest?

The final manifest is checked while the cruise is on its voyage, the way I understand it. This makes sense to me since that is given to Homeland Security right before the cruise leaves. People with outstanding warrants are allowed to cruise. Its when they get back is when they are caught.

Edited by ryano

All persons on board are screened for warrants and various hit lists. Due to the dynamics of cruising...multi-national itineraries, foreign flagged ships, etc, action is taken on those hits when the ship makes its first American port. If an individual has a warrant and it is extraditable from that port to the origination of the warrant, the person will be arrested.

Of course, the arrest could also be due to something that occurred on board. What many people do not realize is, certain state laws apply on board the cruise throughout its itinerary, except when in foreign waters. If a cruise embarks and debarks in the same state, a state arrest can be made for domestic battery charges, even if the incident took place on the high seas.

The final manifest is checked while the cruise is on its voyage, the way I understand it. This makes sense to me since that is given to Homeland Security right before the cruise leaves. People with outstanding warrants are allowed to cruise. Its when they get back is when they are caught.

lol. That's right. It's coming back where you hit the wall! They'll let you enjoy your cruise first. 9 cruises. I've seen it once.

Our neighbors on the Conquest were honeymooners. One night they were having a really loud fight, we could hear every word. Apparently the guy stole a pair of sunglasses from the Shops at Sea and he was caught. They took him to the brig - and she had to pay $500 to get him out. I am not sure if he went to jail when we got back to Galveston. The woman was furious with him, especially about the $500 - maybe they made him pay for the sunglasses? I am not sure why she had to pay the $500. We did not get much sleep on that cruise. I remember we were on the Lido deck in an interior room and the walls were very thin.

Alas, but it was me.

Carnival caught me red handed sharing a drink from the Cheers program. If that wasn't enough, when they searched my bag, they found a sandwich that I was planning to take off of the ship.

Doubt I'll ever get out of here.

Alas, but it was me.

Carnival caught me red handed sharing a drink from the Cheers program. If that wasn't enough, when they searched my bag, they found a sandwich that I was planning to take off of the ship.

Like! :D:D:D

Edited by JimAOk1945

After returning to Galveston on one of our past cruises, we saw a young woman being handcuffed and led away by a couple of policemen.

Maybe she thought the authorities wouldn't be able to find her if she was out of the country for a few days. :rolleyes:

Alas, but it was me.

Awesome!

In Canadian ports anyone with a past DWI conviction is not allowed to enter the Canadian port.

I hope everyone read the recent CC article about Carnival Corporation working with Interpol.

All the interface with Interpol does is search for stolen/missing documents, it does not do criminal tracking like CBP does for outstanding warrants.