A Great Weekend On Majesty!

DarthGrady

Hello folks! Just back from a really nice weekend on the Majesty. After many cruises on the old Monarch, I was excited to get back on a Sovereign Class ship. Overall she is in very good shape for her age and the crew was very friendly. I liked her many updates, and I'm hoping they keep her around for a few more years since I prefer the smaller ships.

Embarkation went very smooth and we were on board less than a half hour after parking. Our cabin was spotless, and our cabin attendant did a great job. The regular rooms are tiny on the old Sovereign Class ships, so we had the beds separated to give us a bit more room to walk around.

Prior to sail away we had a Cruise Critic meet up in the Schooner Bar. It was great to see many old friends and make some new ones at the same time!

We didn't eat in the dining room at all this cruise. The food and service in the Windjammer was good as usual. I purchased the beverage package since we had some OBC to spend, service from the bar staff was excellent throughout the cruise. We spent each evening in the Schooner Bar, I thought Oliver did a good job keeping things fun in there.

I stayed on board during the day in Nassau, we just relaxed up on the pool deck. We did go ashore at Coco Cay though and spent some time at the new floating bar. Due to the low tide it was floating in about six inches of water, but it was fun nonetheless.

Overall it was a great little cruise. I didn't do a full review since I mostly just relaxed and occupied the various bars and lounges the whole time. But I'll be happy to answer any questions. I also took a few pics to share with everyone.

When I booked her, I was a little reluctant with how old and small she was. I guess I didn't really appreciate how small ships were when we started cruising!! She was in great shape and I would definitely go again in a heartbeat!! :D

2013BrillianceoftheSeas023_zpsf2526676.jpg

2013BrillianceoftheSeas074_zpsd649b37b.jpg

When I booked her, I was a little reluctant with how old and small she was. I guess I didn't really appreciate how small ships were when we started cruising!! She was in great shape and I would definitely go again in a heartbeat!! :D

2013BrillianceoftheSeas023_zpsf2526676.jpg

2013BrillianceoftheSeas074_zpsd649b37b.jpg

The crazy part is that class was the biggest in the world when Royal Caribbean first started building them. Just goes to show how much has changed in only twenty years.

Hello folks! Just back from a really nice weekend on the Majesty. After many cruises on the old Monarch, I was excited to get back on a Sovereign Class ship. Overall she is in very good shape for her age and the crew was very friendly. I liked her many updates, and I'm hoping they keep her around for a few more years since I prefer the smaller ships.

Embarkation went very smooth and we were on board less than a half hour after parking. Our cabin was spotless, and our cabin attendant did a great job. The regular rooms are tiny on the old Sovereign Class ships, so we had the beds separated to give us a bit more room to walk around.

Prior to sail away we had a Cruise Critic meet up in the Schooner Bar. It was great to see many old friends and make some new ones at the same time!

We didn't eat in the dining room at all this cruise. The food and service in the Windjammer was good as usual. I purchased the beverage package since we had some OBC to spend, service from the bar staff was excellent throughout the cruise. We spent each evening in the Schooner Bar, I thought Oliver did a good job keeping things fun in there.

I stayed on board during the day in Nassau, we just relaxed up on the pool deck. We did go ashore at Coco Cay though and spent some time at the new floating bar. Due to the low tide it was floating in about six inches of water, but it was fun nonetheless.

Overall it was a great little cruise. I didn't do a full review since I mostly just relaxed and occupied the various bars and lounges the whole time. But I'll be happy to answer any questions. I also took a few pics to share with everyone.

Who did you have as your Cruise Director and Activity Manager and what were your opinions of them?

Who did you have as your Cruise Director and Activity Manager and what were your opinions of them?

"Cruisin" Susan was the CD, I'm not sure who the AM was. Susan seemed nice enough, approachable. She stopped into the past guest party as well as the reception at the Wacky Seagull and chatted with guests. It's hard to really get much of a impression of the CD and activities staff on a three night cruise, especially when both days are in port.

The only thing that really surprised me was how little the nightclub was used on what is typically a party cruise. The club in the VCL would get packed on EN.