A Great Weekend On Majesty!

DarthGrady

Who did you have as your Cruise Director and Activity Manager and what were your opinions of them?

"Cruisin" Susan was the CD, I'm not sure who the AM was. Susan seemed nice enough, approachable. She stopped into the past guest party as well as the reception at the Wacky Seagull and chatted with guests. It's hard to really get much of a impression of the CD and activities staff on a three night cruise, especially when both days are in port.

The only thing that really surprised me was how little the nightclub was used on what is typically a party cruise. The club in the VCL would get packed on EN.

Susan & Moe.

Hello folks! Just back from a really nice weekend on the Majesty. After many cruises on the old Monarch, I was excited to get back on a Sovereign Class ship. Overall she is in very good shape for her age and the crew was very friendly. I liked her many updates, and I'm hoping they keep her around for a few more years since I prefer the smaller ships.

Embarkation went very smooth and we were on board less than a half hour after parking. Our cabin was spotless, and our cabin attendant did a great job. The regular rooms are tiny on the old Sovereign Class ships, so we had the beds separated to give us a bit more room to walk around.

Prior to sail away we had a Cruise Critic meet up in the Schooner Bar. It was great to see many old friends and make some new ones at the same time!

We didn't eat in the dining room at all this cruise. The food and service in the Windjammer was good as usual. I purchased the beverage package since we had some OBC to spend, service from the bar staff was excellent throughout the cruise. We spent each evening in the Schooner Bar, I thought Oliver did a good job keeping things fun in there.

I stayed on board during the day in Nassau, we just relaxed up on the pool deck. We did go ashore at Coco Cay though and spent some time at the new floating bar. Due to the low tide it was floating in about six inches of water, but it was fun nonetheless.

Overall it was a great little cruise. I didn't do a full review since I mostly just relaxed and occupied the various bars and lounges the whole time. But I'll be happy to answer any questions. I also took a few pics to share with everyone.

Wouldn't it be great if someone had a video to share, showing the "action"???

;) :D

Thank you for posting all of those pictures - they brought back memories even though I took plenty of my own!

My wife and I did a second honeymoon on Majesty of the Seas (last December). Miami, Nassau, Coco Cay. It was her first cruise, my third. When she got on board and I told her it was the SMALLEST ship in the Royal Caribbean armada she couldn't believe it.

At the end we really had nothing but positive things to say - being the smallest ship in the RC armada is like being the least attractive Victoria's Secret model! We certainly weren't bored, we were certainly never hungry, Atlantis was unbelievable, Coco Cay South Beach was beautiful, the entertainment was fun, the clubs. I could go on and on but really, nothing but positives.

Thank you for the great review and photos. I will be retiring in a few months and moving north a few hours, so PC will be my home port. Your photos reminded me of how much I enjoy the Majesty and how much I am looking forward to finding last-minute deals, especially once I can take the weekday 4-nighters and not worry about time off work :D

"Cruisin" Susan was the CD, I'm not sure who the AM was. Susan seemed nice enough, approachable. She stopped into the past guest party as well as the reception at the Wacky Seagull and chatted with guests. It's hard to really get much of a impression of the CD and activities staff on a three night cruise, especially when both days are in port.

The only thing that really surprised me was how little the nightclub was used on what is typically a party cruise. The club in the VCL would get packed on EN.

So the Coco Cay reception is back at Wacky Seagull? It was at cabanas last time we were there

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for all of the pics! My husband will be going on his first cruise on the Majesty in January. I can show him these pics to help him know what to expect. I'm hoping I can get him to love cruising as much as I do!

Thanks much - especially for all of the great photographs. She really does look great. I'm looking forward to my first cruise on Majesty in January and plan to spend some quality (and quantity) time in VCL! :D

You're both welcome, hope you enjoy your cruises!

Hello folks! Just back from a really nice weekend on the Majesty. After many cruises on the old Monarch, I was excited to get back on a Sovereign Class ship. Overall she is in very good shape for her age and the crew was very friendly. I liked her many updates, and I'm hoping they keep her around for a few more years since I prefer the smaller ships.

Embarkation went very smooth and we were on board less than a half hour after parking. Our cabin was spotless, and our cabin attendant did a great job. The regular rooms are tiny on the old Sovereign Class ships, so we had the beds separated to give us a bit more room to walk around.

Prior to sail away we had a Cruise Critic meet up in the Schooner Bar. It was great to see many old friends and make some new ones at the same time!

We didn't eat in the dining room at all this cruise. The food and service in the Windjammer was good as usual. I purchased the beverage package since we had some OBC to spend, service from the bar staff was excellent throughout the cruise. We spent each evening in the Schooner Bar, I thought Oliver did a good job keeping things fun in there.

I stayed on board during the day in Nassau, we just relaxed up on the pool deck. We did go ashore at Coco Cay though and spent some time at the new floating bar. Due to the low tide it was floating in about six inches of water, but it was fun nonetheless.

Overall it was a great little cruise. I didn't do a full review since I mostly just relaxed and occupied the various bars and lounges the whole time. But I'll be happy to answer any questions. I also took a few pics to share with everyone.

Stupid question, but don't you need your sea pass card at that floating bar? How do you get it there if you have to swim to it? Does water not ruin those cards?

Stupid question, but don't you need your sea pass card at that floating bar? How do you get it there if you have to swim to it? Does water not ruin those cards?

Water (both salt and fresh) has not ruined our cards.

Yes, you need your Sea Pass at the floating bar. Water doesn't seem to harm them as they are plastic. We wear ours on a lanyard.

The water up to the Floating bar is not generally above ones head unless you are really short. Some spots around the bar are a bit deeper but not at the ladder.

Biggest issue I had was hitting the big concrete pads that secure the floating bar in place. Just watch when you walk.