Favorite menu item(desert,appetizer)

LADYBROOKS

So happy to read the souffles are still on the menu. It's been a while since we've cruised with Princess, but I still remember the souffles (and the sauce that comes with it!). A different one every evening. No need to look at the menu, just bring me the souffle :D

The souffles are not available every night, there are a number of nights with them but not every night. :(

I have to have the Love boat dream as my second desert, the first one is whatever sounds the best that night.... and yes that is two deserts every night..... :D

There's nothing wrong with two deserts, sounds like what I do also.:D

Edited by LADYBROOKS

Agree all the votes for the Twice Baked Goats Cheese Soufflé, this coming from someone that doesn't like goats cheese. An appetiser worth a try - Red Snapper (I think) Cerviche with vodka, again this from someone that doesn't do raw fish. And of course any and all dessert soufflés. [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Wellybeth

Good grief! Souffles, goat cheese, escargot..........how did I miss all of these things before??

So they are all available in the MDR?? Any in Crown Grill? I have some planning to do!

Soufflés should be available for dessert several times during the week in the DR. Twice Baked Goat Cheese Soufflé is a starter on the Chef's menu once a cruise in the DR. Escargot is typically offered as a starter in the DR on the second formal night. Not available in the Crown Grill.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To the OP:

It's not clear what ship you will be on, but if it has a Sabatini's restaurant, there are two appetizer (Antipasti) plates that I really enjoy:

-- Burrata alla Panna con Carpaccio di Pomodoro

-- White Bean and Mussel Soup

I also enjoy all three of the pastas.

For the entree, it is not on the regular menu but occasionally offered as a special--Osso Buco.

Have a great cruise. :)

Tiny but good though and enough for me. Princess does excellent lobster.

If you are talking about the tails in the specialty restaurants I cannot comment. But the lobster in the MDR I have had were not good at all on my last two cruises. The lobster meat was mushy or rubbery, not a meal I would order again.

Escargot, alfredo, and in the evenings the Trident Grill does BBQ--brisket and ribs are VERY GOOD. When you get on board, splurge and try to get seat at Chef's Table. You won't regret it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sorbets. Pretty much all of them.

Cold soups. Again - unique and delicious - often served in a cocktail glass as they're often fruity and refreshing.

Pumpkin Crepes - a vegetarian entree. Very, very good..many of the vegetarian entrees are very, very good - flavorful and more interesting flavors. (and I'm not a vegetarian)

Most of the fish entrees - usually quite tasty and delicious.

Soufflés - delicious. The Grand Marnier is a favorite.

Volcano dessert. Off the kids menu, basically a banana split with all ship-made ice creams, toppings, etc...

Fettuccine Alfredo in the cheese basket (when it's done).

The maitre'ds special pastas they do on the side in the dining room one or two nights.. Just delicious.

Cherries jubilee done by the maitre'd..

The always available salmon - done just right and lovely for a lighter meal.

There's lots of favorites onboard - tough to narrow down!

Enjoy!

I ordered a Volcano. Everyone at our table laughed. Next night they ordered it. 3rd night the table next to us asked what it was a they ordered it.

It's a little different every time, I guess depending on who makes it, but always delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I ordered a Volcano. Everyone at our table laughed. Next night they ordered it. 3rd night the table next to us asked what it was a they ordered it.

It's a little different every time, I guess depending on who makes it, but always delicious.

This is true. Volcanoes are like snowflakes - no two are the same. But they're all delicious.