B12 injection while on board- where to dispose needle

rene194215

Hi,

So I have called Carnival a couple times and no one seems to know exactly what is best. I have to give myself a B12 injection in the middle of the cruise. I have the needle labeled with the prescription information as well as the actual vial of B12. My question is how to dispose of the needle. I am not going to bring my sharps container with me or buy one for 1 needle. I was thinking maybe I could go to the infirmary and give to them or actually do the injection there so they see it? I have never had to deal with this before. Any insight would help,

Thanks!!!

(Oh and can/should I bring that on the ship in my carry on?)

Your room steward can get you a sharps container.

Or, because it's just one needle, could go to Medical, give yourself the shot and dispose of it there.

Yes, carry on all medicines, electronics and other important things.

Edited by SadieN

Hi,

So I have called Carnival a couple times and no one seems to know exactly what is best. I have to give myself a B12 injection in the middle of the cruise. I have the needle labeled with the prescription information as well as the actual vial of B12. My question is how to dispose of the needle. I am not going to bring my sharps container with me or buy one for 1 needle. I was thinking maybe I could go to the infirmary and give to them or actually do the injection there so they see it? I have never had to deal with this before. Any insight would help,

Thanks!!!

(Oh and can/should I bring that on the ship in my carry on?)

Just let your room steward know and he will get you a sharps container.

Shof515 is correct, GS desk will give you a sharps container to use. Or, inject the vitamin replace cap, wrap up and take home with you to put in your own container. This is how I've handled my own sharps.

Simplest and most efficient way to handle it. Even simpler is inject prior to or after the cruise. B12 does not need to be on an exact date.

Simplest and most efficient way to handle it. Even simpler is inject prior to or after the cruise. B12 does not need to be on an exact date.

Hi. I actually does matter on the date. Not to be rude here but I have to take a shot twice a month and If I am a couple days off I start to feel the difference and get very fatigue. It maybe fine for other people to be late a few days but not me. Trust me if I could wait or do it early I would. Not exactly something I want to do on vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app