Silly question for cruise-related gifts

mamasylvia

My husband, his brother and SIL, our 2 adult children, and I are cruising next May. The 2 kids have never cruised, the rest of us have 1 cruise each. I have picked up a few cruise-related items I am giving as Christmas gifts.

We have a family tradition of putting a "from" name on some gift tags that is related to the purpose of the gift, and I am stumped on coming up with a clever name for the cruising gifts to be "from." All I could think of was Pearl, since that is the ship we will be cruising on. But if anyone wants to chime in with a better suggestion, I'd be delighted.

And those of you who like criticizing others: I said this was a silly question. The world will not come to an end if I don't get a great answer. Feel free to ignore the thread.

Great ideas! My BIL and SIL would definitely recognize Capt. Stubing. ;) And everyone would recognize the Pirates of the Caribbean character (Jack Sparrow).

I'm probably the only one who would recognize Neptune or Poseidon. :(

My local WM had some very nice double-wall insulated steel tumblers in 6 colors,l so we each will have a different one. Will make it easy to bring along drinks and keep track of which belongs to whom! It's an idea someone here recommended and it sounded practical. I was balancing styrofoam cups of tea all over the ship on our last cruise. Not fun!

We were on Princess a year or so ago and the original Doc (he's 80 something) from the "Love Boat" was on board. He spoke to everyone once and we learned they actually filmed ON the ship for 6 weeks in the summer, during regular cruises! That would have been fun to be cruising when they were there. Would anyone know about the Love Boat if you signed cards that? You can probably show them the Love Boat on Google!

Edited by Bonnie J.

For a female Disney fan can be from Ariel. Man could be Nemo or Crush. Depending on number in total group could use Captain Hook and his whole crew from Peter Pan, could make the gift tags with the picture of the character with the name. Also could print tags with Posiedan or Neptune or other less known characters to give the recipriant a hint. Or use the characters from Pirates of the Caribbean and match the personality of person getting the gift and put on the pictures for those not real familiar with the movies.

Edited by ekajun1957

Why limit yourself to them being "from" only one person? Lots of great suggestions here, use them all (and if you use one that someone doesn't recognize it will be up to them to research who it is and tell the group).

Edited by sparks1093

My husband, his brother and SIL, our 2 adult children, and I are cruising next May. The 2 kids have never cruised, the rest of us have 1 cruise each. I have picked up a few cruise-related items I am giving as Christmas gifts.

We have a family tradition of putting a "from" name on some gift tags that is related to the purpose of the gift, and I am stumped on coming up with a clever name for the cruising gifts to be "from." All I could think of was Pearl, since that is the ship we will be cruising on. But if anyone wants to chime in with a better suggestion, I'd be delighted.

And those of you who like criticizing others: I said this was a silly question. The world will not come to an end if I don't get a great answer. Feel free to ignore the thread.

depending on the ports you visited, you could always use one of the famous names (Blackbeard) or something related to a famous person from that port (fictional or real).

I like the Captain Stubbing and other characters related to the Love Boat as well. Fun question to post :)