Children on Princess cruises

Why would you choose Princess for cruising with children? We have sailed heaps with them and the parents of children note that while the kids club is good, many other cruise lines are more specifically tailored towards families. We choose Princess because it is more of a seniors cruise line, even when joining cruises overseas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are trying to organise a family cruise and will phone a TA tomorrow. For now, I have a question -

Does Princess limit the number of children in each age group on a particular cruise?

They reserve the right to do so. I think all lines probably do.

But I doubt Princess would need to invoke it very often in Aus.

Why would you choose Princess for cruising with children? We have sailed heaps with them and the parents of children note that while the kids club is good, many other cruise lines are more specifically tailored towards families. We choose Princess because it is more of a seniors cruise line, even when joining cruises overseas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have several reasons for choosing Princess - Elite status, familiarity with the Princess 'product' and another that it is a cruise that suits the working people time-wise. The particular cruise we are considering is during school holidays so I am sure there will be quite a few children on board. Except for one 13 y.o., the other four are aged are from just-turned-one to just-turned-six. We realise that under-three years cannot be left in the Kids Club without a parent present.

We have several reasons for choosing Princess - Elite status, familiarity with the Princess 'product' and another that it is a cruise that suits the working people time-wise. The particular cruise we are considering is during school holidays so I am sure there will be quite a few children on board. Except for one 13 y.o., the other four are aged are from just-turned-one to just-turned-six. We realise that under-three years cannot be left in the Kids Club without a parent present.

Even in school hold never see many kids on Princess.

When we sailed over Christmas to Hawaii there were a lot of kids onboard. We were forewarned by the staff that space was on a first come first serve basis and we may be turned away. It was never an issue although it was one of the busier kids programming that we've encountered on Princess throughout the years.

We are trying to organise a family cruise and will phone a TA tomorrow. For now, I have a question -

Does Princess limit the number of children in each age group on a particular cruise?

We will be watching your experience with interest.

We have all ready made tentative enquiries regarding taking upwards of 10 kids on a princess cruise and the response from Princess Reps has been enthusiastic to say the least.

There has been no mention of restricting numbers.

Take no interest or notice of the Na-sayers, kids are welcome and have fun on Princess cruises, kids club regardless.

Yep maybe 10 of our mob coming to a Cruise, M.D.R, Excursion, near you.ENJOY, we will.:):):)

We will be watching your experience with interest.

We have all ready made tentative enquiries regarding taking upwards of 10 kids on a princess cruise and the response from Princess Reps has been enthusiastic to say the least.

There has been no mention of restricting numbers.

Take no interest or notice of the Na-sayers, kids are welcome and have fun on Princess cruises, kids club regardless.

Yep maybe 10 of our mob coming to a Cruise, M.D.R, Excursion, near you.ENJOY, we will.:):):)

Not nay saying, but they do reserve the right to limit numbers, but never seen more than a handful of kids on any Princess cruise, but hey I guess they get special attention in kids club.

Couldn't agree more.:)

Not nay saying, but they do reserve the right to limit numbers, but never seen more than a handful of kids on any Princess cruise, but hey I guess they get special attention in kids club.

Qui today, Mr Gut I wasn't saying you are or intended to intimate a level of nay-saying.

We just made a generalisation, that most Princess Cruisers, generally don't want Kids on their ship.

We say bad luck, the world is a changing, and those kids will be future cruisers, Cruise lines want them, and want them bad.

By the way you could say hello, and welcome back, as I have tried to twice, but I guess you are ignoring us.;):rolleyes:

I was going to complete the OP sentence ....

Children on Princess cruises .. should be towed 500 metres behind the ship to keep the annoyance and noise levels down but still keep them within view of their parents

but I won't cos it sounds like I am a heartless Elf

oops did I say that with my loud voice? :D:D:D

Qui today, Mr Gut I wasn't saying you are or intended to intimate a level of nay-saying.

We just made a generalisation, that most Princess Cruisers, generally don't want Kids on their ship.

We say bad luck, the world is a changing, and those kids will be future cruisers, Cruise lines want them, and want them bad.

By the way you could say hello, and welcome back, as I have tried to twice, but I guess you are ignoring us.;):rolleyes:

They said if I ignore something it'll go away:p;)

Hello and welcome back.

How are you going to distribute 10 kids. That would double the number of kids I've seen on any Princess cruise (fair dinkum) but we try to cruise outside school holidays, tend to do longer cruises and are yet to do an island cruise, so that may explain it.

I'd love to see more kids, mainly because I love kids, much better than real people if you ask me, and the little ankle biters like me too it seems.

They said if I ignore something it'll go away:p;) Never

Hello and welcome back. cheers

How are you going to distribute 10 kids. That would double the number of kids I've seen on any Princess cruise (fair dinkum) but we try to cruise outside school holidays, tend to do longer cruises and are yet to do an island cruise, so that may explain it. 4 adults 1@22, ! @ 32, us 2 and 6 kids

I'd love to see more kids, mainly because I love kids, much better than real people if you ask me, and the little ankle biters like me too it seems.

As we presume they woud

school is not a consideration, but we are planning island cruise JAn/Feb

Edited by mrs and mrs

They said if I ignore something it'll go away:p;) Never

Hello and welcome back. cheers

How are you going to distribute 10 kids. That would double the number of kids I've seen on any Princess cruise (fair dinkum) but we try to cruise outside school holidays, tend to do longer cruises and are yet to do an island cruise, so that may explain it. 4 adults 1@22, ! @ 32, us 2 and 6 kids

As we presume they woud

school is not a consideration, but we are planning island cruise JAn/Feb

Ok that sounds doable, I thought you meant 10 kiddy winkles. Little buggers always talk to me when we're out and about, it was handy when I worked for Pixifotos about a million years ago that it was so easy to get a smile.

Children on Princess cruises .. should be towed 500 metres behind the ship to keep the annoyance and noise levels down but still keep them within view of their parents

Honestly Dobby, do you really think that 500 metres is enough, I don't think so the kids will still be able to HEAR, all the whinging, whining, sniffling, from the ship.:eek::D

I was going to complete the OP sentence ....

but I won't cos it sounds like I am a heartless Elf

oops did I say that with my loud voice? :D:D:D

Sounds like trawling with more than one lure.:eek:

Obviously not many kids on the longer Princess Cruises but have seen heaps on the short ones. On a 12 day Med/Greek Is cruise half the pax on The Grand Princess where children of all ages. Naturally there was no room in the pool for me. Some I wanted to keel haul along with their mothers. But I stopped myself and remembered way back when I was...

I think automatically there will be much less children on a Princess ship to start with considering they have Royal Caribbean and Carnival that offer ships with water slides and adventure activities for children to keep them occupied. Parents know this and the majority of families will stick to those ships.

I have seen children on Princess ships but they have always been in the minority so I do not think you will have any issues booking yours on the ship.

I recently did the relocation cruise between Sydney and Melbourne and there was a letter in the cabin pretty much stating that there were certain rules and expectations for children and it listed the areas they were prohibited from being in after 6pm among several other things. I believe that whatever number of children you take they will make you take responsibility to ensure that they are not free to wander the ship at certain times. One example I remember is seating in the theatre where they cannot sit in the front rows unaccompanied.

Honestly Dobby, do you really think that 500 metres is enough, I don't think so the kids will still be able to HEAR, all the whinging, whining, sniffling, from the ship.:eek::D

'sif kids LISTEN to anything their parents say LOL

and before the fun police hang me from the yard arms I arm joking I meant 1800 metres!!

Well to us, learning manners, how to conduct oneself, and being able to interact with others is the main consideration.(I'm sure they will be able to teach other passengers, these basics ;);)

We would run them ragged, with our own trivia, basketball, shuffleboard, pool-time, eating, they would be snuggly buggly by MUTS time.

Bells and whistle slides and stuff come later once they have proven themselves.

Interesting to note, princess now have 24/7 pool attendants on a duty.

Sorry to hijack the thread Aus Traveller,will be watching with interest.:) and everyone's views

I actually asked about the M.D.R, and kids dining, and received the reply, that's why we have the Kids Menu Madame, with a smile, The smile was reciprocated.

Do Kids have to go to Kids club, no they do not.Smiles

Kids do require an adult staying in cabin with them.(any ideas on this one people

And do require proper adult supervision at all times.is this a problem, not from our end

All good :):)

Well to us, learning manners, how to conduct oneself, and being able to interact with others is the main consideration.(I'm sure they will be able to teach other passengers, these basics ;);)

We would run them ragged, with our own trivia, basketball, shuffleboard, pool-time, eating, they would be snuggly buggly by MUTS time.

Bells and whistle slides and stuff come later once they have proven themselves.

Interesting to note, princess now have 24/7 pool attendants on a duty.

Sorry to hijack the thread Aus Traveller,will be watching with interest.:) and everyone's views

I actually asked about the M.D.R, and kids dining, and received the reply, that's why we have the Kids Menu Madame, with a smile, The smile was reciprocated.

Do Kids have to go to Kids club, no they do not.Smiles

Kids do require an adult staying in cabin with them.(any ideas on this one people

And do require proper adult supervision at all times.is this a problem, not from our end

All good :):)

The sharing was one of the things in my mind when I thought you were taking 10 kids. The adult rule doesn't apply if you have interconnecting rooms, so seems to me, two sets of interconnecting rooms, though this may be one time when looking at a family suit may pay off.

Not sure what you mean by proper adult supervision being aproblem?