Two crown lofts for family of 4 - Harmony

ashleyt

We are traveling on the Harmony in the Spring. We like deck 17 and will have our two preteen children with us. I am concerned that the CLS does not offer much privacy for our family of four as I typically wake at about 5AM at the latest, my husband at about 630AM, one child at 7AM, and the other at 8-9AM.

If we stay in the CLS, I am concerned we will all be awake at 5AM which is ok for a day or two, but short sleeping the kids for a whole week will not make for a great holiday.

So I'm thinking of getting two CL suites which I'm fine with from a cost point of view, but I'm concerned it might be excessive. I hate to take away a cabin from another family who might want to enjoy the cruise if a single cabin could somehow work for us.

Any thoughts?

few options come to mind...

You can give the teens the loft, that way when you get up and about you aren't walking around them trying to tip toe, but that leaves you with the sofabed. Not ideal but it may work.

I know you said you are interested in deck 17 but have you thought about a 2 bd AquaTheater Suite?

the other option is, like you said the 2 suites.

Edited by LilBlackDress

We are traveling on the Harmony in the Spring. We like deck 17 and will have our two preteen children with us. I am concerned that the CLS does not offer much privacy for our family of four as I typically wake at about 5AM at the latest, my husband at about 630AM, one child at 7AM, and the other at 8-9AM.

If we stay in the CLS, I am concerned we will all be awake at 5AM which is ok for a day or two, but short sleeping the kids for a whole week will not make for a great holiday.

So I'm thinking of getting two CL suites which I'm fine with from a cost point of view, but I'm concerned it might be excessive. I hate to take away a cabin from another family who might want to enjoy the cruise if a single cabin could somehow work for us.

Any thoughts?

You like the location of deck 17 and are fine with the cost.

Do not give booking 2 cabins a second thought. That is why you book early, to get the cabins that you want. Let those that procrastinate book a different cabin.

Why worry about the kids, you're paying. Now if you need mommy/daddy privacy ;) that's another story as the CLS have never had privacy and nor does the SLS. (Been in both)

We just got off of Harmony in a CLS and there are some subtle changes over her two sisters but not big ones. Captain Johnny did allow balcony diveders on regular cabins to be opened so they should be allowable with two adjoining CLS. Another option would be the Royal family suite. Seperate room for the kids over mom and dads. There is no locking door to mom and dads room;) but why would teens be barging in on you.:)

Or as others said go two the 2 bedroom ATS and enjoy the Star Class with Genie perks. By the time you pay for 2 lofts you might be further ahead paying for the 2 bedroom ATS. On Oasis and Allure also have the GLS and OLS but they don't have great amounts of privacy for your situation. I have toured both.

Good luck, it a tough thing to figure out. Don't wait long though as the cabins you are thinking about don't last for lon the open market espically since you are thinking this spring.:)

Edited by A&L_Ont

If you decide on the one suite you could lay your clothes out the night before. Then if you're up early, you can quietly dress and leave the cabin. Being up alone very early is a magical time to wander about and take pics of the sunrise, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Usually there must be one adult booked in a cabin with a kid. So you can´t book a cabin for the parents and one for the teens unless it has a connecting door.

steamboats

Not sure what rules they use in Europe but for North American bookings kids can have their own room as long as it is directly beside or directly across the hall from the parents. No need for connecting doors. You must call to do this as it can't be done on line.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Usually there must be one adult booked in a cabin with a kid. So you can´t book a cabin for the parents and one for the teens unless it has a connecting door.

steamboats

not exactly. adjoining cabins are fine( no interior door). and depending on the age of the kids, across the hall or down a cabin or two is also permitted. But even if that is how it must be on paper, you can sleep wherever you want once on board.

Thanks for all the replies.

I should have mentioned that the 2bdrm aquatheater suites are booked/not available. The family suites are also booked. 1bdrm aquatheater is not great with the entry door in the main area and the single bathroom in the master bedroom.

The Royal Loft is available, but doesn't really help the situation any.

The kids in the loft might work for a single CLS set up. I don't know if my husband will agree though.

I could just lie in bed, but I only sleep 4-5 hours a night...always have and it's already torture lying there for 2 hours in the evening in the dark and then 2-3 more hours in the morning when you're used to being up and about. It makes for such a short day compared to what I'm used to.

My youngest is a very light sleeper an wakes to the slightest light or noise. Then when she's awake, she's naturally so noisy that everyone is suddenly awake and then I feel bad.

And to the poster that mentioned it, yes I love the 5AM-7AM period...the best part of the day as long as I'm not lying in bed the whole time.

I realize I'm mostly the problem here. My family would do better in these suites with someone who sleeps like a regular person.

I should have mentioned that the 2bdrm aquatheater suites are booked/not available. The family suites are also booked. 1bdrm aquatheater is not great with the entry door in the main area and the single bathroom in the master bedroom.

The Royal Loft is available, but doesn't really help the situation any.

The kids in the loft might work for a single CLS set up. I don't know if my husband will agree though.

I could just lie in bed, but I only sleep 4-5 hours a night...always have and it's already torture lying there for 2 hours in the evening in the dark and then 2-3 more hours in the morning when you're used to being up and about. It makes for such a short day compared to what I'm used to.

My youngest is a very light sleeper an wakes to the slightest light or noise. Then when she's awake, she's naturally so noisy that everyone is suddenly awake and then I feel bad.

And to the poster that mentioned it, yes I love the 5AM-7AM period...the best part of the day as long as I'm not lying in bed the whole time.

I realize I'm mostly the problem here. My family would do better in these suites with someone who sleeps like a regular person.

It sounds to me like one loft suite is too big a compromise for your holiday enjoyment so it looks like you need to book the two rooms! It does seem sad that for sleeping needs you now have two small living areas and balconies rather than one large one and as a family you are paying a lot of money and still not receiving the higher perks....I would also suggest you keep looking on the RC site to check if the 2 bed suites return on the market. We are nearing final payment on our next cruise and have been surprised at the number of suites returning up for sale...You could also ask on booking if RC could let you know if certain suites became available....

One final point how fixed to dates are you and to an Oasis class ship? The RS on Freedom class worked great for us when our son was the age of your kids...We could go out on the balcony without disturbing him at all, could easily sneak out the main door over to the Concierge Lounge for early morning coffee....

Whatever you choose, have a great vacation.

Book the 2 lofts before you can't and keep calling and checking on the 2 bd ATS...