prepaid gratuities question

amydandrea

hi all! I recently booked Breakaway feb 12 in spa balcony with 3/4 sail free and free gratuities for my promos. I checked my online account and it shows that grats were free for passengers 1 and 2 but not for 3 and 4. Is that normal? I've mostly cruised with just my husband, so this has never come up. i assumed (problem number 1!) that all 4 passengers got free service charges...anyone have an idea which is correct?

thanks!

Edited by amydandrea

The free gratuities/service charges are only for the first and second guests.

I was about to switch my promotion choices (a while back) when the price dropped to that because I thought my overall cost would be lower, but when I found out it was only on the first two guests, I stuck with the 3rd/4th guests free choice. It was cheaper in the long run.

If you booked recently, the full terms of your promotion are still available on the NCL site (they haven't changed for the past few months). You might want to read them, and maybe save them to your computer for future reference, because if the offer changes, the information relevant for your booking may disappear from the website:

Free At Sea Terms & Conditions

Free Pre-Paid Service Charges:

Pre-Paid Service Charges are applicable to the 1st and 2nd guest in the stateroom 3 years of age and up.

Applicable to guests 1-2 on reservation.

Offer not applicable to guests 3-8.

Guests are responsible for onboard gratuities applicable to all other shipboard purchases.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

hi all! I recently booked Breakaway feb 12 in spa balcony with 3/4 sail free and free gratuities for my promos. I checked my online account and it shows that grats were free for passengers 1 and 2 but not for 3 and 4. Is that normal? I've mostly cruised with just my husband, so this has never come up. i assumed (problem number 1!) that all 4 passengers got free service charges...anyone have an idea which is correct?

thanks!

The gratuities are only covered for the first two passengers.

They are now offering "free at sea with extra guests choice" for your sailing! It is worth a call to see if they will switch you to that promo. (as long as you can keep the 3rd and 4th sail free promo also)

Edited by pe4all

They are now offering "free at sea with extra guests choice" for your sailing! It is worth a call to see if they will switch you to that promo. (as long as you can keep the 3rd and 4th sail free promo also)
Not sure what you mean… the OP is already booked under that promo, according to her first message.

thanks!

Not sure what you mean… the OP is already booked under that promo, according to her first message.

According to my understanding, the 3rd/4th passenger also get one free promo on top of sailing free. OP says only passengers 1 and 2 got the free grats.

According to my understanding, the 3rd/4th passenger also get one free promo on top of sailing free. OP says only passengers 1 and 2 got the free grats.

Incorrect.

FREE PREPAID SERVICE CHARGE Choose this option and we'll cover the pre-paid stateroom service charges for the first two stateroom guests