Cost per day pp

weregoingcruising

Have never taken a cruise without that computation. That is what makes or breaks it for us. We try to maintain a sub-$300--$150 each--(sometimes way less than that) per day (for 2) net cost. Successful about 90% of the time.

Edited by ECCruise

We are doing a B2B (14 total days) on the Silhouette next month. It's in a Aqua class room and we are paying $157 p.p. per day. This includes classic drink package, prepaid gratuities and $100 obc from Celebrity. We are getting $500 obc from our travel agency which is fully refundable and probably will come home with us.

We look at the cost per person per day but we don't have a range we are trying to stay within. The Caribbean is not a favorite for us so we wouldn't spend near as much per day for that type of cruise as we have for Antartica, Australia or the Baltic.

We always figure cost p/p, p/d (subtracting perks and OBC) and also include the cost of the flight and overnight accommodations (if necessary). So if we can get a roundtrip itinerary from Los Angeles port (no flight or accommodations are required) with lots of OBC we can sometimes afford a suite! :)

Not only that, but we have a yearly cruising budget. We usually budget for about 28 days cruising a year. It just depends on what the itinerary is and how much flights are to get there. This is why we are spending more time cruising out of Los Angeles because no flights or overnight accommodations are required for us. Without that expense, we can cruise for more days or in a higher stateroom category.

Edited by El Crucero

Now that's a fun game :p Here's my contribution, for my next two Celebrity cruises

Cruise 1:

Cruise: Singapore to Hong Kong with stops in Thailand and Vietnam

Length: 12 nights

Ship: Millennium

When: January 2017

Stateroom Type: S2 Sky Suite

Included: Premium Beverage package, gratuities and unlimited internet for two

Subtracted total OBC: $850

Price per day per person: $165 each

Details: We lucked out with triple OBC (onboard booking, Go Best and OBC given by our TA) to get that great price. Constantly monitoring prices post-final payment and immediately calling for an upgrade didn't hurt either.

Cruise 2:

Where: Round trip Miami with stops in Key West, Grand Bahama, Cozumel, Costa Maya and double overnight (3 days) in New Orleans

Length: 11 nights

Ship: Equinox

When: April 2017

Stateroom Type: 2B - Balcony

Subtracted total OBC: $500

Price per day per person: $166 each

Details: Part of the Endless Summer launch of the year-round Caribbean deployment of Equinox, they offered Go Best for every booking and gave all Captain Club members an additional discount. My TA threw in extra OBC.

cruiserke;51615263']Now that's a fun game :p Here's my contribution' date=' for my next two Celebrity cruises

[u']Cruise 1:[/u]

Details: We lucked out with triple OBC (onboard booking, Go Best and OBC given by our TA) to get that great price. Constantly monitoring prices post-final payment and immediately calling for an upgrade didn't hurt either.

Cruise 2:

Where: Round trip Miami with stops in Key West, Grand Bahama, Cozumel, Costa Maya and double overnight (3 days) in New Orleans

Details: Part of the Endless Summer launch of the year-round Caribbean deployment of Equinox, they offered Go Best for every booking and gave all Captain Club members an additional discount. My TA threw in extra OBC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Wow .. Those are great prices... Thinking we paid way too much as posted above.. $250 pp... In 1A...also CC..Including two perks..drinks and tips. Thinking because we are paying in Canadian dollars... maybe?? The hotels in Fort Lauderdale hurt too... Over $225 per nite.

cruiserke;51615263']Now that's a fun game :p Here's my contribution' date=' for my next two Celebrity cruises

[u']Cruise 1:[/u]

Cruise 2:

Congrats on getting a great deal on your cruises. I think you listed the computations perfectly. Now just go enjoy your great cruises.

[b']Subtracted total OBC:[/b] $850

Cruise 2:

We are on that second cruise too and I found comparing what we're paying with what I'd pay if I booked today made me very happy too(Prices in Cdn so booking cost is actually within $2/pp/pd of your booking cost):

Cruise 2:

Stateroom Type: 2D - Balcony

Subtracted total OBC: $300

Price per day per person: $217 each

Details: Part of the Endless Summer launch of the year-round Caribbean deployment of Equinox, they offered Go Best for every booking and gave all Captain Club members an additional discount.

Price today if we added everything that was included (and I would, we tend to make liberal use of both the internet and beverage package)

Price per day per person: $608 each

We are on that second cruise too and I found comparing what we're paying with what I'd pay if I booked today made me very happy too(Prices in Cdn so booking cost is actually within $2/pp/pd of your booking cost):

Cruise 2:

Details: Part of the Endless Summer launch of the year-round Caribbean deployment of Equinox, they offered Go Best for every booking and gave all Captain Club members an additional discount.

Price today if we added everything that was included (and I would, we tend to make liberal use of both the internet and beverage package)

Price per day per person: $608 each

Normally I check prices for my booked cruises regularly to see if there are price reductions or cabin upgrade options but for this cruise I just check to make myself happy all over again at the great deal we got :p

Celebrity may even have underpriced this sailing when it first came out. Not that I'm complaining :)

Edited by [g]cruiserke

Cruise 2:

We are on the cruise also- the price has sky rocketed. We are in an Aqua class cabin at $205pp per day with all 4 perks after subtracting $650 OBC.

Now the price with only $300 OBC from X (no beverage pkg, gratuties or Internet) is $359 per day. Not a price we would pay for a Caribbean cruise-even if they threw in all 4 perks.

I'm a tightwad and sometimes look for over a year for a deal so I couldnt pass up this on the Reflection a month before sailing, next week.

Booked a guaranteed balcony which turned out to be 7222.

received $330 in OBC

Both have the drink pkg.

$82 pp per day including tax and port charge. (OBC figured into that)

We are used to being on 9th deck or higher but felt it was too good to pass up.

Wow .. Those are great prices... Thinking we paid way too much as posted above.. $250 pp... In 1A...also CC..Including two perks..drinks and tips. Thinking because we are paying in Canadian dollars... maybe?? The hotels in Fort Lauderdale hurt too... Over $225 per nite.

Is the $250 CAD or USD? Our cruise next Nov. comes in at $175 USD pp/pd. That's for a C1 stateroom with the Go Best (4 perks) package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a tightwad and sometimes look for over a year for a deal so I couldnt pass up this on the Reflection a month before sailing, next week.

Booked a guaranteed balcony which turned out to be 7222.

received $330 in OBC

Both have the drink pkg.

$82 pp per day including tax and port charge. (OBC figured into that)

We are used to being on 9th deck or higher but felt it was too good to pass up.

I would love that deal but last minuet air and hotels cost would wipe out the cruise savings for us. It's just to long and expensive drive for us

Wow...I do the math on just about everything, but not necessarily on vacation. I don't do the Caribbean or Alaska anymore; second Alaskan cruise was in May. For my DH and I it is Europe. This April we are doing a TA for 16 days in an S1 corner aft suite. The price per person is 284 a day. We have Michael's Club and that is also less our OBC of 900. Anyway...it is for Europe on the Reflection. Could have had a much cheaper cabin and saved thousands, but no one knows what's around the corner...life is short and my travel account says to make it special. I never take money out of savings, as that money is making money! That does not include airfare no staying in Italy...but it is Italy!

I think it is great how some of you figure it down to the penny, but for me it is location on the globe! If I need more, I work more...you can't take it with you...I know that I could easily do more cruises, but quality is my objective....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our first ever RS on a 14-night cruise works out to be US$319 pp per night including gratuities and deducting all applicable OBC. I'm guessing that's really expensive judging by the prices above :S but I had seen RS prices go far higher and thought it was "ok".