Compare Freedom and Navigator please.......

On Royal Caribbean we have been on 3 Vision class ships, Rhapsody, Legend and Vision.

One cruise on Radiance Of The Sea.

We have spent a total of 64 nights on Navigator Of The Seas. FWIW we really do not like Navigator.

We have one remaining Royal Caribbean cruise booked, and it is on Freedom Of The Seas.

What are the differences between the ship Navigator Of The Seas, and the ship Freedom Of The Seas. I would like a ship to ship comparison, good and bad. :)

We aren't interested in the big playground ships, at all. We want to see the ocean, not just know it is there.

We book for itineraries but like to enjoy the ship also.

Thank you.

Freedom is a bit longer and wider, but as said above, they are very similar: Promenade on Deck 5, Spa, Fitness Center, pool, Windjammer and Solarium on 11 (in virtually the same locations), sports - rock wall, basketball, mini golf & Flow Rider on aft 13, Viking Crown & DL on aft 14, and Skylight Chapel on 15, the highest deck on both. Hence, they have a very similar feel.

If you want views, Radiance class would be my choice.

Edited by CapeCoralCruiser

Freedom is a bit longer and wider, but as said above, they are very similar: Promenade on Deck 5, Spa, Fitness Center, pool, Windjammer and Solarium on 11 (in virtually the same locations), sports - rock wall, basketball, mini golf & Flow Rider on aft 13, Viking Crown & DL on aft 14, and Skylight Chapel on 15, the highest deck on both. Hence, they have a very similar feel.

If you want views, Radiance class would be my choice.

Not quite accurate.

When they decided to create a new class of ships after Voyager class, they simply stretched them lengthwise. There is no additional width.

:)

According to the RCI website, Navigator has a max beam of 157.5 ft. and Freedom's max beam is 185 ft.

RC's website is comparing apples to oranges. They are listing the beam at the end of the bridge wings for Freedom and the beam at the hull for Navigator.

The width of Voyager and Freedom class is the same. The height is the same too. Only the length is different.

RC's website is comparing apples to oranges. They are listing the beam at the end of the bridge wings for Freedom and the beam at the hull for Navigator.

The width of Voyager and Freedom class is the same. The height is the same too. Only the length is different.

Thanks for the clarification. Measuring the beam at the bridge seems quite unusual to me, but I'm used to such measurements on much smaller vessels.

On Royal Caribbean we have been on 3 Vision class ships, Rhapsody, Legend and Vision.

One cruise on Radiance Of The Sea.

We have spent a total of 64 nights on Navigator Of The Seas. FWIW we really do not like Navigator.

We have one remaining Royal Caribbean cruise booked, and it is on Freedom Of The Seas.

What are the differences between the ship Navigator Of The Seas, and the ship Freedom Of The Seas. I would like a ship to ship comparison, good and bad. :)

We aren't interested in the big playground ships, at all. We want to see the ocean, not just know it is there.

We book for itineraries but like to enjoy the ship also.

Thank you.

I am curious as to what you do not like about Navigator? I know everyone has differences of opinion but it is one of our favorite ships. You say you have spent 64 nights on her. That seem a long time to be on something you don't like.

I know some as mentioned on here like Enchantment. We sailed on her this past August and did not like it at all. The ship is very worn, needs refurbishing, and is too small for us. The crew was great but we did not care for the design of the ship.

Having been on both, here is what we consider the most significant differences.

Navigator has salt water pools, the Freedom has fresh water.

The Navigator has one Cafe Promenade, which includes pizza. Freedom has both a separate Sorentos and Cafe Promenade. (one on each end of the promenade). The promenade is also longer.

Entertainment was much better on the Freedom class. (granted, we have only sailed the Navigator for 8 nights, but the three Freedom class ships had better singers and entertainers.)

We love both ships. Overall, the Voyager class and Freedom class are far more similar than different. Freedom class is our fav. We are HUGE fans of the promenade on both classes.

Dan

We did Navigator in 2014 and 2015 and liberty this April ( sister to Freedom) I prefer Navigator in general, one thing I do prefer on Freedom class is they have a Broadway play, but as said very similar

Liberty and now Indy both have Broadway shows however Freedom does not have a Broadway show.

I am curious as to what you do not like about Navigator? I know everyone has differences of opinion but it is one of our favorite ships. You say you have spent 64 nights on her. That seem a long time to be on something you don't like.

I know some as mentioned on here like Enchantment. We sailed on her this past August and did not like it at all. The ship is very worn, needs refurbishing, and is too small for us. The crew was great but we did not care for the design of the ship.

This summer we were on Navigator for 5 consecutive cruises, each different than the other, that equaled 51 nights. We just completed a 13 night TA which we already had booked before the summer cruises. We book for itineraries, but no more Navigator.

We don't like the absence of the Centrium. So clearly we like the design of Vision class best.

Different strokes for different folks for sure. I love that we have the ship options for that reason. Since you love the Centrum you need to stick to the smaller ships. We love the Freedom and I do NOT like the centrum because it begins to feel like at "cattle call" at night when everyone gathers there. We enjoy the larger area of the promenade. I think the advise from John&Lala is probably your best because it sounds like just what you want. We have not done Enchantment because our girls (adults) hated the Grandeur and didn't enjoy Brilliance a couple of cruises ago so we now stick to the larger ships. I am ok on any class as long as I am cruising. I hope you find just the right fit for you! It will be interesting to hear what you do.

Freedom is our favorite ship and the Promenade is one of the reasons. My Grandson would have enjoyed the children's area by the pool but he's now are now grown. They enjoy all the bells and whistles on the larger ships, however, we are going on the Enchantment because it fit our schedule for Christmas week and it stops in Key West, where my Grandson was born...22 years ago. We have sailed Enchantment twice before but it's been MANY years ago. We already know we are going to miss the Promenade but I know we will enjoy seeing the ship again after such a long time and any cruise is a good cruise. We can't wait. We board the day after Christmas and we've never seen the ship decked out for the holiday.