St Lucia ship's excursion to Pitons

rittsail

Hello, we will be on the Summit in December and have a port day at St. Lucia. Looking to spend some OBC on an excursion. We would love to see the Pitons, but have little interest in the mud baths etc., that are included in "land" tours.

Can anyone recommend a ship excursion for St. Lucia that goes to the Pitons by boat? I know there are many wonderful private excursions, but for our budget, we really want to use our OBC and take a ship excursion.

Thanks in advance,

Rittsail

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hello, we will be on the Summit in December and have a port day at St. Lucia. Looking to spend some OBC on an excursion. We would love to see the Pitons, but have little interest in the mud baths etc., that are included in "land" tours.

Can anyone recommend a ship excursion for St. Lucia that goes to the Pitons by boat? I know there are many wonderful private excursions, but for our budget, we really want to use our OBC and take a ship excursion.

Thanks in advance,

Rittsail

We did a "rum" punch tour in 2015. This was on the Eclipse. It was a fairly large boat. About 50 pax went on the tour. You get rum punch & a small lunch. You should also have a bit of swim time at a nice beach. Then onto the Pitons. Do bring your camera, great vistas!

We did a "rum" punch tour in 2015. This was on the Eclipse. It was a fairly large boat. About 50 pax went on the tour. You get rum punch & a small lunch. You should also have a bit of swim time at a nice beach. Then onto the Pitons. Do bring your camera, great vistas!

Was that the Coastal Cruise excursion through the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Try the Zipline which has a boat to the Pitons. Or Coastal cruise to the Pitons.

Two different St. Lucia excursions.

Thank you for your recommendations! I think we're leaning towards the coastal cruise now.

Was that the Coastal Cruise excursion through the ship?

Yes. It was about $100/pp. We boarded & started the tour along the cost. First off was a stop at a secluded beach where we had about 20-30 of swim time. You had to hop off the boat into about 5ft. of water. Then we continued on to the Pitons. This was an outstanding view. On the way back they provided a light lunch & rum punch. Watched one lady down at least 12(no kidding)She got real nasty when her husband tried to cut her off.

We've done the coastal cruise to the pitons twice. In 2011 it was a catamaran, maybe 25 to 30 ppl. Last year it was a boat with lawn chairs and 50 ppl. The scenery was beautiful either way. We had some friends who did the snorkel and they liked it.

Make sure you know exactly which catamaran you are going with. We did the snorkel trip to sugar beach by the Pitons and the catamaran ended up being a power boat that was more like a small ferry than a catamaran. Snorkleing is just ok. If it is under $50, it will most likely be the power boat with 50-70 people and not my first choice. The Cosol tour is great for first timers to St Lucia, but the van ride back is way too long. I would suggest the land tour to the Pitons and then a boat ride back. I don't think you can do that through Celebrity.

Thanks so much for all of your suggestions! We already have two snorkeling tours scheduled at other ports. We aren't really interested in doing a land tour, so I think the Coastal Cruise is going to be perfect for us! We leave in two weeks and can't wait [emoji4]! I look forward to the beautiful scenery of St. Lucia.

We just did this tour last week. We absolutely loved it. It may have been our favorite thing from the whole two weeks. Just like you, we had some on board credit to use and are glad we did.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Thank you! I found out that another couple on our roll call are also doing this tour, so we are going to do our best to purchase it with our OBC once on board. Very happy to hear you enjoyed it! [emoji4]

• 4 weeks later...

We really enjoyed it. It's nothing glamorous, but they do have a cash bar on board, and you see lots of very beautiful coastline. For us, it was perfect. We got to spend some of our OBC and it was worth it. They stopped somewhere along the way to The Pitons, for people to jump off and swim. Since it was kind of cool, we just stayed on the boat. When we reached The Pitons, they would take pictures of you at the back of the boat with your camera. On the return, they cruised closer to shore and we saw lots of beautiful waterfalls. I would do it if you want something low key and can keep your expectations in check.

• 6 months later...

On the Coastal Cruise to the Pitons, if you want to swim at the stop in Marigot Bay, how do you exit/re-enter the boat? Ladder, swim dock? We are not "spring chickens" and probably can't manage a rope ladder. Thanks.

I don't believe the swimming point was in Marigot Bay. We went there, but it was just boat ride, no swim stop. The swim stop was at a small little beach. Since we didn't swim, i didn't really pay attention to how the swimmers got in and off boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks in advance,

Rittsail

We went on an X shore land excursion to the Pitons that did NOT include the mud baths. We had a tour of the island with a few brief stops to buy stuff (banana ketchup is very interesting) went to the Pitons (from a viewing point for great photos) had lunch in a local restaurant (2 flights of stairs) and visited the volcano with an option to walk down or not. I don't recall it being too pricey. This was on Eclipse in March, 2016..If I were going again, and I am, I will take one of the cruises just to get a different view and I love waterfalls.