What are your ship must do & must eats?

aotmc

Nothing from a food perspective really stands out on HAL. Or Princess or Celebrity for that matter. Most especially in the last few years. It is not that it may not be good..just that it is not particularly outstanding in any stretch of the imagination.

My best pleasure is sitting on verandah enjoying the ocean/watching the world go by with a very nice Malbec, Cab., or Merlot. Even if it is just regular plonk.

Edited by iancal

• 5 weeks later...

On my recent Eurodam cruise it varied from day to day - sometimes in the afternoon and sometimes in the evening. I availed myself of it in the Crow's Nest. Not sure if it's still offered in the Ocean Bar. Check your daily program.

Roz

The buttermilk chicken on embark day in the lido is SUPER good.

Bread pudding with the vanilla sauce is a must. (I add a few of the white chocolate chips into it and it makes it even better when they get all melty and I mix it together)

Wang Wangs! Specialty drink not on any menu but every bartender in the fleet knows how to make it. It's strong but really good.

If split pea is ever offered anywhere on your sailing, get it. Same with bitterballen. (If you order hore douvres in your room for any evenings you can request if they are able to do bitterballen and usually if you give a couple days notice before you want them, they can always make it happen)

Main dining room french onion is one of my favorites (I like it more than the french onion in the Pinnacle Grill).

Caesar salads on room service are on the "side salad" size-range. If you want it as an entree order 2 and just combine them once delivered.

Anything from the Dive In! Especially the fries with cheese sauce

Happy hour is a fantastic value!

Behind the scenes tour is a significant cost but really fun and informative if the technical side of the ship is of any interest.

Canaletto is great and you can really use it to get a huge variety. With 4 people you can get nearly everything with the way the menu is set up to work

Hydropool and thermal suites - the pass for the week is a great value. If you don't want it for the week you MAY be able to get day passes based on availability OR if you get any services like a massage, etc they usually give you access for that particular day/afternoon

Edited by InTheWASide

Last month on Maasdam I asked the Chef if Chocolate Purse would be on the menu, he had no idea what it was. Had never heard of it.

Best. Dessert. Ever.

Either that chef hasn't been around long, or the chocolate purse has been gone longer than I realized. :(