2018 European Prices - wow, other options?

leehal

Looking to book another X cruise for 2018 and I am really shocked by the high prices and lack of perks.

A 2 week cruise to Iceland is working out around £800pp more than our recent cruise to the Med and upcoming cruise to the Baltic next year + no OBC, drinks package, WIFI etc. Factor all of these in and the overall extra cost is well over £1,000 each pp.

Any other cruise lines worth a try or will some offers appear?

I don't fully understand the book now and re-book if a better offer appears option, is this the same as the previous option of re-booking but you would have lost your previous perks?

Looking to book another X cruise for 2018 and I am really shocked by the high prices and lack of perks.

A 2 week cruise to Iceland is working out around £800pp more than our recent cruise to the Med and upcoming cruise to the Baltic next year + no OBC, drinks package, WIFI etc. Factor all of these in and the overall extra cost is well over £1,000 each pp.

I don't fully understand the book now and re-book if a better offer appears option, is this the same as the previous option of re-booking but you would have lost your previous perks?

but I think the rates have been climbing so much over the last year or so...I would suggest you look at AZ ...if you have "benefits" with X they will transfer over...but their rates are not inexpensive...but it is a different type of experience...and some things...like all drinks (alcohol and all other type of drinks) and grats are included...something to consider when you look at the price. Also "shop" a cruise with several TAs.

Good luck...I'm hearing all over the boards that the prices are through the roof!!! :( LuAnn

You can always book and cancel. I wasn't aware that deposits aren't always refundable in the UK but I heard that was changing. When I first booked my Batic cruise for 2017, AQ was $3999. I booked a balcony and kept monitoring the fares. When AQ hit $3000, I grabbed it. It went down again to $2799 and, each time there was a reduction, my TA changed my booking. That same fare now went up gradually and, as of today, it is now $3449. When booking, I looked at HAL but that was even more expensive for the Zuiderdam. Keep hunting and good luck. Pricing changes constantly. Don't overlook the luxury and need-luxury lines. I booked what I feel is a good fare on Oceania for a Canada itinerary in July. They are also more inclusive.

I have been watching everyday for the 2118 cruises to be listed so when I saw them i am a bit disappointed at the rates and no perks so far. I was ready to book now because we had such a great time on our Europe cruise this past August but we need at least two perks to do it. Last time we had a fare rate and a beverage package and tips package. It does not take a lot to please me but I need something to make me feel i'm getting a good deal.

Especially the Amsterdam sailings on Eclipse are ridiculously expensive... - if at least the port timings were good, but to be honest, the Amsterdam sailings leave me disappointing to a certain degree.

The port timings in some ports are too short (Helsinki, Tallinn), and on the British Isles runs there are some ridiculously planned sea days, such as between Waterford and Dublin or Liverpool and Belfast - a leg you can easily sail in 10-13 hours @low speed! What's that, man?

The new princess sailings for summer 2018 are also bookable soon (some TA websites show them already), and the British Isles cruises on royal Princess in 2018 are FAR BETTER than those offered on X Eclipse let's see how well X will fill the ship on that routes for such prices...

The Iceland sailing on Silhouette really makes a great impression.

But since M-Class has left Northern Europe (Harwich, Amsterdam), the sailings seem to be far more uninspired to me - I really miss the great Norwegian Fjords sailings, up to North Cape, and S-Class won't be too large for such sailings...

I have been watching everyday for the 2118 cruises to be listed so when I saw them i am a bit disappointed at the rates and no perks so far. I was ready to book now because we had such a great time on our Europe cruise this past August but we need at least two perks to do it. Last time we had a fare rate and a beverage package and tips package. It does not take a lot to please me but I need something to make me feel i'm getting a good deal.

I am so mad at myself. I should have just hit the book button. Early this morning I read the Europe deployment would be out today. I logged into the website and saw a 12 night at 1049pp for a veranda cabin. I got so excited I quickly went to my work website to confirm my vacation window. By the time I flipped back to the Celebrity website the cabin was at 2049. Right now it's showing at 4099! :(

we booked and S1 Italy/Greece for 2018, got 300 OBC and the go best perks...premium drinks, all gratuities, unlimited internet...I thought the price was ok.

did you call to find out the perks? I did not see them online so when I called they told me about the go best perk.

Lastly, prices often fall as the sailing date gets closer...

Good luck!

Amy

we booked and S1 Italy/Greece for 2018, got 300 OBC and the go best perks...premium drinks, all gratuities, unlimited internet...I thought the price was ok.

We booked same cabin and same itinerary as well and got Go Best. The website only showed US$300 OBC and later on showed the no available rooms for our sailing but we called our TA and they had good availability and Go Best perks. Hopefully the website glitches will be fixed sooner rather than later.

You can always book and cancel. I wasn't aware that deposits aren't always refundable in the UK but I heard that was changing. When I first booked my Batic cruise for 2017, AQ was $3999. I booked a balcony and kept monitoring the fares. When AQ hit $3000, I grabbed it. It went down again to $2799 and, each time there was a reduction, my TA changed my booking. That same fare now went up gradually and, as of today, it is now $3449. When booking, I looked at HAL but that was even more expensive for the Zuiderdam. Keep hunting and good luck. Pricing changes constantly. Don't overlook the luxury and need-luxury lines. I booked what I feel is a good fare on Oceania for a Canada itinerary in July. They are also more inclusive.

No you can't cancel without losing the deposit. They are non-refundable if the cruise is booked in the UK. Even 24 hours after booking and you can't take advantage of any price drops. They recently brought in an arrangement where you can get a better rate or perks if the deal changes but this is typically a long way from sail date. In our case the cruise is end of October 17 and all changes must be made by 31st December 16. After that date no changes allowed and definitely no refund if cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The idea of booking now and then modifying the booking as perks are added or the price comes down is that you maintain your initial cabin. Sometimes mid ship cabins on the higher decks are impossible to get. Once you have your cabin, the price guarantee comes into play. 😊

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Forums mobile app

I checked out the new cruises from Dublin. I liked the itineraries. I didn't like the prices. Those prices are very high. I will check again during wave season. With all the excellent options, there are more luxurious lines that have similar prices to celebrity. Celebrity is just too high. I will be looking for other vacation options.

I am so mad at myself. I should have just hit the book button. Early this morning I read the Europe deployment would be out today. I logged into the website and saw a 12 night at 1049pp for a veranda cabin. I got so excited I quickly went to my work website to confirm my vacation window. By the time I flipped back to the Celebrity website the cabin was at 2049. Right now it's showing at 4099! :(

Ran into a similar situation a few weeks ago. Don't forget that if you see an awesome rate you can lock it in with the 24 hour courtesy hold!

With this offer, you would not lose your deposit if you cancel and rebook to take advantage of a price drop. They also made the offer for the new releases a year ago. Needless to say, we did not notice a price drop for the cruise we booked.

HOWEVER (and it is a big however), with the terrible exchange rate currently, this may be a more valuable offer. I have not (yet) compared US and UK prices for the new releases to understand what exchange rate Celebrity are using. IF they are a poor using for the new releases AND the exchange rate improves of the next year AND Celebrity reprice because of the drop THEN the guarantee would be very valuable.

Edited by Project_gal

It's a great shame that Europe 2018 does not include any perks at present, as the prices are high enough to include them! I am now pricing up Oceania Riviera at present, as it currently looks cheaper and includes perks! Somethings wrong here :eek:

With this offer, you would not lose your deposit if you cancel and rebook to take advantage of a price drop. They also made the offer for the new releases a year ago. Needless to say, we did not notice a price drop for the cruise we booked.

HOWEVER (and it is a big however), with the terrible exchange rate currently, this may be a more valuable offer. I have not (yet) compared US and UK prices for the new releases to understand what exchange rate Celebrity are using. IF they are a poor using for the new releases AND the exchange rate improves of the next year AND Celebrity reprice because of the drop THEN the guarantee would be very valuable.

Hi,

A quick check on a Pacific coast cruise - exchange rate Dollar to pound - 1.22. Seems to be around the current exchange rate!!

JIm

Booked this morning. Apparently you have one chance to change before the end of 2017 to lock in perks and any price changes. It was the cruise we wanted to do, not much option for us really!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Especially the Amsterdam sailings on Eclipse are ridiculously expensive... - if at least the port timings were good, but to be honest, the Amsterdam sailings leave me disappointing to a certain degree.

The port timings in some ports are too short (Helsinki, Tallinn), and on the British Isles runs there are some ridiculously planned sea days, such as between Waterford and Dublin or Liverpool and Belfast - a leg you can easily sail in 10-13 hours @low speed! What's that, man?

The new princess sailings for summer 2018 are also bookable soon (some TA websites show them already), and the British Isles cruises on royal Princess in 2018 are FAR BETTER than those offered on X Eclipse let's see how well X will fill the ship on that routes for such prices...

The Iceland sailing on Silhouette really makes a great impression.

But since M-Class has left Northern Europe (Harwich, Amsterdam), the sailings seem to be far more uninspired to me - I really miss the great Norwegian Fjords sailings, up to North Cape, and S-Class won't be too large for such sailings...

We want to do the Norwegian North Cape and were disappointed that Celebrity does not offer that cruise. RCI and NCL have that cruise and they look good.

We want to do the Norwegian North Cape and were disappointed that Celebrity does not offer that cruise. RCI and NCL have that cruise and they look good.

If your budget allows it, I'd go for Azamara. The small ship gets much deeper into the Fjords and inland passages. The scenic routes Azamara takes are so much more enjoyable than the large ship sea days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If your budget allows it, I'd go for Azamara. The small ship gets much deeper into the Fjords and inland passages. The scenic routes Azamara takes are so much more enjoyable than the large ship sea days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you book Azamara ahead for 2018 you will also pick up the price protection promise and $400 OBC towards land discoveries which is helpful in Norway

We have cruised with Azamara once. While the cruise was fine. I'm just not a big fan of Azamara. We like Celebrity a lot better. Celebrity Suite Life is great. The prices seem to have gone up on Celebrity. I have a S1 on hold for Reflection Aug 31, 2018. Cost is $5099 pp. We did get all 4 perks with the suite. Also it is outside the $25 deposit window.

I checked out the new cruises from Dublin. I liked the itineraries. I didn't like the prices. Those prices are very high. I will check again during wave season. With all the excellent options, there are more luxurious lines that have similar prices to celebrity. Celebrity is just too high. I will be looking for other vacation options.

I spent this afternoon looking at the cruise for '18...they are "through the roof" IMO...look elsewhere is my motto..I am!! LuAnn

Just like the last few years, the new release pricing is ridiculously high. I've seen a few itineraries that I like and I'll watch them over the next year. I'm sure one of them will come down to a much more reasonable price that will include some perks. We did a 13 night Greek Isles cruise this past Aug/Sept that go as low as $1200.00 for a standard balcony including a drink package and OBC. I don't expect pricing to get that low for 2018, but if you monitor pricing, you'll eventually find an itinerary you would enjoy at a fair price. Happy cruise hunting!!