2018 European Prices - wow, other options?

leehal

I just checked Azamara's prices for the North Cape cruise.

A balcony for two persons runs $17K. That is almost three times what RCI and NCL charge for the same cruise.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/voyage/1532404800/15-night-journey-to-the-north-cape

Azamara are crazy expensive on some itineraries too. They do almost the same one that we're doing on Oceania and I think it's around $4,000 more (total, not PP)

I just checked Azamara's prices for the North Cape cruise.

A balcony for two persons runs $17K. That is almost three times what RCI and NCL charge for the same cruise.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/voyage/1532404800/15-night-journey-to-the-north-cape

Yes, and we can personally vouch for the NCL sailing on that route. Not at the level of Azamara, obviously, but yes we paid less than 1/3 AZs cost and had all drinks (not just the limited ones on AZ) included.

And, upgraded to a penthouse suite with an upsell that still kept it less than 1/3 the price.

Azamara are crazy expensive on some itineraries too. They do almost the same one that we're doing on Oceania and I think it's around $4,000 more (total, not PP)

Yes I went and looked at Azamara 10 night cruise June 6, 2018. The cost for a Club Continent Suite is $6099 pp plus taxes.

I have Celebrity 10 night cruise Aug 31, 2018 on hold. My cost for a S1 Sky Suite is $5099 pp plus taxes.

Celebrity Sky Suite and balcony are larger than Azamara. Also I don't like the middle aft cabins on Azamara. We heard a humming sound in our cabin and in the hall. Might have been from the smoke stack. So the price might be higher for a N1 suite.

Just like the last few years, the new release pricing is ridiculously high. I've seen a few itineraries that I like and I'll watch them over the next year. I'm sure one of them will come down to a much more reasonable price that will include some perks. We did a 13 night Greek Isles cruise this past Aug/Sept that go as low as $1200.00 for a standard balcony including a drink package and OBC. I don't expect pricing to get that low for 2018, but if you monitor pricing, you'll eventually find an itinerary you would enjoy at a fair price. Happy cruise hunting!!

I agree that when the itineraries are first released for captain club members the prices are inflated and they don't offer any incentive. I have sailed enough Caribbean itineraries to know what a reasonable price is. I just wait it out to see what happens. I'm not willing to pay the opening inflated price so I have nothing to lose if the price goes up further. One time I attempted to book a Bermuda cruise on the day it was offered to me. The price was too high so I waited a day or two and sure enough the price dropped significantly. The only reason to book on opening day is if you want a very specific room.

I am so mad at myself. I should have just hit the book button. Early this morning I read the Europe deployment would be out today. I logged into the website and saw a 12 night at 1049pp for a veranda cabin. I got so excited I quickly went to my work website to confirm my vacation window. By the time I flipped back to the Celebrity website the cabin was at 2049. Right now it's showing at 4099! :(

I know exactly what you mean, but I put mine on hold to share with my DH. He said to book it now, as the price went up the same day by $200. I love being able to get all four perks on the Reflection for Europe. We did almost the identical cruise years ago with my cousins and had a great time...use the hold button....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

re celebrity prices in the UK could it be that your Pome pound is down against the USA Dollar ? Aussie

Strangely, I do not think that the prices look that bad compared to those at the same time the past two years although I may be checking different room categories. I keep a spreadsheet of sample prices to compare against. Perhaps others are misremembering?

Another UK cruiser has reported that Celebrity appear to be using our current awful exchange rate so the prices should look bad for us.

I gather that nobody who is complaining on this thread has investigated any discounter prices and there are a LOT of them out there.

And please, telling us "there are more luxurious cruise lines with better prices" and then not telling us which ones they are is, IMO, not helpful to anybody.

And please, telling us "there are more luxurious cruise lines with better prices" and then not telling us which ones they are is, IMO, not helpful to anybody.

I agree...and I think the reason no other cruiseline names are given is that they don't exist.......

I've always found Celebrity's European cruise pricing at initial release to be astronomical. Unless you're looking at a specific once or twice a year itinerary that always sells out, my advise is to just wait it out. These cruises are a year and a half away at the earliest and do you really have to have your 2018 vacation plans in concrete already? As specific intineraries fail to sell, pricing will plummet when closer to the actual sail date. We went on a 13 night Mediterranean cruise this past August in a Sky Suite with all four perks, premium drink package upgrade, $900 OBC, and 2 specialty restaurant meal visits for the same price as just about any 10+ night 2018 Europe voyage listed in just an Oceanview. My advise is to wait for the deal to present itself when pricing do finally come down.

I've always found Celebrity's European cruise pricing at initial release to be astronomical. Unless you're looking at a specific once or twice a year itinerary that always sells out, my advise is to just wait it out. These cruises are a year and a half away at the earliest and do you really have to have your 2018 vacation plans in concrete already? As specific intineraries fail to sell, pricing will plummet when closer to the actual sail date. We went on a 13 night Mediterranean cruise this past August in a Sky Suite with all four perks, premium drink package upgrade, $900 OBC, and 2 specialty restaurant meal visits for the same price as just about any 10+ night 2018 Europe voyage listed in just an Oceanview. My advise is to wait for the deal to present itself when pricing do finally come down.

I like to plan ahead and book early. We started cruising Celebrity in 2011 and have done 9 cruises, 2 in Europe and one TA. We have a TA on the Eclipse booked for October 2017. Except for two cruise, we have not found cruise prices to drop after we booked. One in Australia, prices dropped twice and I called and we got the lower prices, on a British Isles cruise in 2013 prices dropped enough for us to get an upgrade from a balcony to Aqua.

Since Celebrity started bundling its prices with beverage packages, etc., we have found most X cruises to be very high. For example, we wanted to do a cruise to NZ in 2018 and the Celebrity prices were outrageous. We booked a Royal Caribbean cruise for one day longer than the X cruise where the Royal cruise as less than half the price of the X cruise. Yes, the X cruise came with the beverage package and another item, but add in our value of those promos to that, the X cruise was still about $1000 pp more than the RCI.

We may be sticking to TA cruises on Celebrity in the future, since they don't bundle.

I would like to believe that but comparing 2018 prices of a 12 day is around $3,500 pp for a balcony, 2017 is around $4,500 pp. $7,000 for a 12 day cruise in the med? Hmmm no, I'll do a land trip and make out like a bandit with the falling Euro. All pricing is in Canadian

I would like to believe that but comparing 2018 prices of a 12 day is around $3,500 pp for a balcony, 2017 is around $4,500 pp. $7,000 for a 12 day cruise in the med? Hmmm no, I'll do a land trip and make out like a bandit with the falling Euro. All pricing is in Canadian

We have a ten day Med cruise in an S1 corner aft for 7,675. It is a suite with all four perks and premium drink package; having said that, the price has really gone up already...always do it right after they are released and hold for 24 hours. Ours went up 200 in the first few hours... one never knows what will happen! Now it is up about 600...it will come down. A few years ago I got an S1 for only a 300 up charge total from a C2...but we had the worst butler and cabin attendant ever...never complained as it was such a great deal!

Edited by Lastdance

We have a ten day Med cruise in an S1 corner aft for 7,675. It is a suite with all four perks and premium drink package; having said that, the price has really gone up already...always do it right after they are released and hold for 24 hours. Ours went up 200 in the first few hours... one never knows what will happen! Now it is up about 600...it will come down. A few years ago I got an S1 for only a 300 up charge total from a C2...but we had the worst butler and cabin attendant ever...never complained as it was such a great deal!

The one I'm looking at hasn't moved since it's release. But add 35% to your price and now you have it in Canadian. Eye watering. It's making Oceania look better as they're only charging 25% Canadian exchange. And a land trip better than both of them.

Interesting. The Iceland cruise from Dublin is of huge interest to me, but I'm having a bit of a job selling it to my better half, not least because we've been in Cork and Belfast numerous times. Price is a factor, obviously, and price reductions and perks such as drinks packages, grats or OBC would make it more palatable for her.

In your experience, what are the chances of that happening? (bearing in mind because we're Irish, we have no opportunity to cancel and rebook or avail of price drops etc.

We will be Emerald on Royal Caribbean by the time of the cruise if that is a factor in any way.

Booked this morning. Apparently you have one chance to change before the end of 2017 to lock in perks and any price changes. It was the cruise we wanted to do, not much option for us really!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We've done the Iceland trip on a Eclipse twice. It's a great itinerary. It's a shame the keep cutting the duration of their cruises. We did 14 nights on our trip. On Eclipse we've done 14 nights to the Canary Islands twice then 13 nights last year and now they have 10 and 11 nights. Obviously the prices are not pro-rata lower so it just another way to make more money. Even if we could swallow the prices we don't want to cruise for just 10 or 11 nights so they lose our custom on those trips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by kevinyork

Am wondering if someone from the U.K. Should consider booking with a majormUSA based cruise agency. One can shop around online and readily compare prices. Some lines like HAL prevent Europeans from booking in North America...but we do not think that is an issue with Celebrity.

Hank

Am wondering if someone from the U.K. Should consider booking with a majormUSA based cruise agency. One can shop around online and readily compare prices. Some lines like HAL prevent Europeans from booking in North America...but we do not think that is an issue with Celebrity.

Hank

It isn't an issue with Celebrity.

We regularly book cruises with a well known US based travel agent. As I've said on here before though, every cruise booking needs to be treated on it's own merits. Occasionally it's cheaper to book in the UK depending on the deal. Oceania prices seem to regularly beat the US for some reason.

As for HAL, our travel agent will book Europeans who have booked HAL cruises with them previously, before they were forced to stop booking new clients by the cruise line itself. So it's only newbies who are banned. A situation I find short sighted.

So, I have been on hold while Captain's Club, my TA, Celebrity...yada yada checking on the promo for CC members who book their 2018 European cruises that sail by April 30, 2018, for Captain's Club members. It states $800 off the price plus all four perks. You can't see the prices of the Italy and Greek Islands cruise for April 27, 2018 because they are frozen and being coded, which could take up to two weeks before they are re-released. My TA was told by Celebrity that it was for most sailings by April 2, 2018, but that is not what it says under the CC promo. Therefore, if you can't book that particular cruise now, you would not qualify for the promo that has been extended to December 27, 2017, unless you can book before that date. If you have already booked your cruise and it sails by April 30, 2018, you should be able to qualify for the promo due to your booking date. Having said that, maybe Celebrity is planning on re-releasing those European cruises for 2018 by or around December 27, making the CC promo invalid to use.???? Only time will tell. Anyway, I am going to keep tabs on that particular cruise in April of 2018 that i have already booked, and will have them go back and reprice it. If your 2018 cruise is booked after December 27, 2017, this does not apply to you; however, there is always another promo coming around the corner or other discounts. wow, it is so difficult to figure all of this out because so many people are totally left in the dark. I was also told lots of other things too, but this was the consistent parts that I put together...Only time will tell!

Edited by Lastdance

So, I have been on hold while Captain's Club, my TA, Celebrity...yada yada checking on the promo for CC members who book their 2018 European cruises that sail by April 30, 2018, for Captain's Club members. It states $800 off the price plus all four perks.

Where did you see this? We are Elite and CC. Thank you!

Strangely, I do not think that the prices look that bad compared to those at the same time the past two years although I may be checking different room categories. I keep a spreadsheet of sample prices to compare against. Perhaps others are misremembering?

Another UK cruiser has reported that Celebrity appear to be using our current awful exchange rate so the prices should look bad for us.

In Germany the Price is double for 2018.

Booked the Silhouette. Aug 23 sailing got a C2 for Euro 4900 with GO Best.

The same cruise on the 11 AUG ( Eclipse ) Euro 8278 same cabin.

WOW glad I booked for 2017

happy cruising