Plat gift?

audcc77

It is actually the worst gift ever.

In the box is about 12 round pieces of stationary about 3 inches diameter with a picture of a tropical destination on one side with the cheapest and thinnest envelopes ever made.

At first glance thought it was a coaster.

We used a few pieces to give additional gratuities to crew and tossed the rest.

This is also what we got this week on the Elation.

I'm so excited to be sailing HAL next so I won't have to be subjected to yet another insultingly-cheap VIFP gift! :rolleyes:

They're gifts, people. Seriously, what do you expect? There are SO MANY Plat/Diamond people sailing now that anything other than cheapo junk is probably not going to happen.

As a shareholder, I'd rather they just stop.

But, seriously, if you don't want it, just leave it behind or put it in the library or in the game room. Some kid will take whatever you don't want!

I'm so excited to be sailing HAL next so I won't have to be subjected to yet another insultingly-cheap VIFP gift! :rolleyes:

They're gifts, people. Seriously, what do you expect? There are SO MANY Plat/Diamond people sailing now that anything other than cheapo junk is probably not going to happen.

As a shareholder, I'd rather they just stop.

But, seriously, if you don't want it, just leave it behind or put it in the library or in the game room. Some kid will take whatever you don't want!

Up to now they gave us useful gifts. Lately the gifts are pretty useless.

Even JH shook his head about the crocs.

Somehow have a feeling leave a pile of crocs someplace and it will only grow:eek:

Not when it is so useless that we didnt want to insult our tablemates by giving it to them. Cheap is cheap.

Up to now they gave us useful gifts. Lately the gifts are pretty useless.

Even JH shook his head about the crocs.

Somehow have a feeling leave a pile of crocs someplace and it will only grow:eek:

There's one sure-fire way to stop getting those crappy useless gifts.

I think those travel bags were dumb. I never pack one outfit together. We go them on the Glory this year and I saw a picture and thought it was a duffel or extra bag that folded up like they have in the gift shop. Yeah, they went in the garage sale!

The night light isn't bad, we have a granddaughter so I put it in my spare room for her but I like my Tervis cups and was just glad it wasn't the visor we thought we were going to get.

I think those travel bags were dumb. I never pack one outfit together. We go them on the Glory this year and I saw a picture and thought it was a duffel or extra bag that folded up like they have in the gift shop. Yeah, they went in the garage sale!

The night light isn't bad, we have a granddaughter so I put it in my spare room for her but I like my Tervis cups and was just glad it wasn't the visor we thought we were going to get.

Actually we liked the travel big and the duffle bag and the packing cube. Than they sort of went downhill

Tervis tumbler on Triumph. I was actually thrilled. It was my first platinum cruise and I told my wife that I hoped the gift was the Tervis tumbler because I love them and use them at home. So I was a happy chap on my last cruise!

Edited by djcass4199

I didn't mind the travel bags, but I wished they were a little higher quality.

I heard the next platinum gift idea is a "paper weight"

I didn't mind the travel bags, but I wished they were a little higher quality.

I heard the next platinum gift idea is a "paper weight"

I've used the duffel bags as a shoulder carry on and port tote on my last 2 cruises, worked out fine. I'll continue to use it until it rips or falls apart. At least it was something I could utilize and not something I said WTH? and thought about giving it away.

Guess I'm kind of grateful for that perk/freebie.

Edited by evandbob

I've used the duffel bags as a shoulder carry on and port tote on my last 2 cruises, worked out fine. I'll continue to use it until it rips or falls apart. At least it was something I could utilize and not something I said WTH? and thought about giving it away.

Just used the blue duffle as my personal item on Lufthansa. Fit under the seat perfectly and wasn't weighed nor questioned. LAX-FCO. Lufthansa at LAX is notorious for being extremely by-the-book.

I'll be sailing on the Sunshine soon. Does anyone know what the current gift is on that ship? It's seems from the gift posts at not all ships give out the same item.

Soon... any chance the 18th?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Just off the Miracle last Saturday, we got the blue auto nightlight with the VIFP Club logo on it.

Mom and Sis are onboard right now and received the stationary. Traded one in for a Tervis tumbler. They do like the box the stationary comes in.

Edited by SadieN

Mom and Sis are onboard right now and received the stationary. Traded one in for a Tervis tumbler. They do like the box the stationary comes in.

As it comes the box will not hold much at all. Someone told us that you can remove the inside and it will give you more room.

By than the box was long gone.

I also liked our duffel bags but we each got one and really didn't need 2. It was the first gift that we actually thought was upscale from prior gifts. Hoping we don't get stationary on the February Sunshine cruise. That would be useless to me.

I have found that the best person to ask about a platinum gift exchange is your room steward. They seem to have access to the gift closet (or their boss does) and are motivated by the possibility of an extra tip (and please do tip if they go to the effort to get you the gift you have your heart set on). Guest services couldn't care less and have no motivation to get you what you want. I was very happy when they found me another set of packing cubes after that gift had been off the radar for a few months.

I have found that the best person to ask about a platinum gift exchange is your room steward. They seem to have access to the gift closet (or their boss does) and are motivated by the possibility of an extra tip (and please do tip if they go to the effort to get you the gift you have your heart set on). Guest services couldn't care less and have no motivation to get you what you want. I was very happy when they found me another set of packing cubes after that gift had been off the radar for a few months.

Hmm good idea thanks for sharing

Interesting.... Thanks

Sent from my iPhone