Option to Have Luggage Directly Checked to Airport

RS79

At the end of a recent Princess cruise (Regal), another passenger mentioned to my wife and me that Princess had directly checked her bag in at the Ft. Lauderdale airport upon the end of the cruise. That is, after putting her bag out the night before in the hallway, the next time she was going to see it was at her final destination on the way home. Not that this was NOT Luggage Valet, in which Princess picks up your bags from your home, delivers then to you cabin, and then does the reverse at the end of the cruise. This was just checking the bag in directly at the airport, and was cheaper than Luggage Valet ($25 versus $90). Has anyone heard of this service? I can't find any information about it on the Princess site, and I'm wondering if this woman had her facts straight. Thanks

Yep we just started looking into this last week for our upcoming December cruise out of Port Everglades.

As usual there is not a lot of information on the Princess website but it's called "EZ check" costs $20 pp plus whatever fee the airline charges and is not available in every port or for every airline.

Posters on CC informed me that you get the paperwork for this early in the cruise and you need to fill it out and return to Guest Services.

You will get your boarding passes delivered the night before departure and your bags are picked up and taken directly to the airlines.

If you do a search on this board there is more info.

At the end of a recent Princess cruise (Regal), another passenger mentioned to my wife and me that Princess had directly checked her bag in at the Ft. Lauderdale airport upon the end of the cruise. That is, after putting her bag out the night before in the hallway, the next time she was going to see it was at her final destination on the way home. Not that this was NOT Luggage Valet, in which Princess picks up your bags from your home, delivers then to you cabin, and then does the reverse at the end of the cruise. This was just checking the bag in directly at the airport, and was cheaper than Luggage Valet ($25 versus $90). Has anyone heard of this service? I can't find any information about it on the Princess site, and I'm wondering if this woman had her facts straight. Thanks

EZ check....participating airlines only. At some point during the cruise, usually a few days in they will send out paperwork through your Stewart to fill in to participate.

If you miss the deadline to turn the paperwork in they will not allow you to participate.

Take a copy of your flight details with you.

You can also inquire at the PSD as well.

I have not seen anything on the Princess website about it. It can only be done onboard.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Y

As usual there is not a lot of information on the Princess website but it's called "EZ check" costs $20 pp plus whatever fee the airline charges and is not available in every port or for every airline.

Just off the Regal Sunday and EZ Check is now up to $25;). IMHO, it's worth every penny:)

It's a fabulous service.

There are some restrictions to its use when it is offered:

o Flights cannot be before a certain time, usually not before 11:30 AM. It will differ by airport.

o If you have connecting flights, they must all be on the same airline.

Also, since you will not have access to your luggage when you disembark, be sure you packed all liquids that will not be allowed to be carried through TSA checkpoints.

it's well worth the fee, especially if you have a late flight - most airlines won't let you check your bags until about 4 hours before departure.

We usually are off the ship by 9am, but don't fly out of FLL until 8pm, we used to have to lug them to (and pay for) a holding service area in the terminal, and then lug them back to the check in area.

As has been mentioned, the other benefit is having your airline boarding passes delivered to you cabin on the last night , instead of dealing with printing them at the internet cafe.

EZ check....participating airlines only. At some point during the cruise, usually a few days in they will send out paperwork through your Stewart to fill in to participate.

If you miss the deadline to turn the paperwork in they will not allow you to participate.

Take a copy of your flight details with you.

You can also inquire at the PSD as well.

I have not seen anything on the Princess website about it. It can only be done onboard.

I was going to do EZ check on my last cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Miami airport. AA had a cut off time for flights leaving after 2pm

my flight was leaving 1:30pm using Ez check was not a option

I was going to do EZ check on my last cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Miami airport. AA had a cut off time for flights leaving after 2pm

my flight was leaving 1:30pm using Ez check was not a option

mmm. Maybe I should read further, but I suspect a typo in there someplace.

The only time I didn't use it (other than when I'm staying an extra day or 2) was on a HAL sailing. You had to walk off no later than 7:30. My flight wasn't until 3:00 p.m. so that made no sense to me. I was with my sister, who is disabled, and getting her up and ready to go before 7:00 a.m. was never going to happen. Other than that, it's been seamless. And I don't understand why some have cutoffs. Mine have never had that.

Maureen

There are some restrictions to its use when it is offered:

o Flights cannot be before a certain time, usually not before 11:30 AM. It will differ by airport.

o If you have connecting flights, they must all be on the same airline.

Also, since you will not have access to your luggage when you disembark, be sure you packed all liquids that will not be allowed to be carried through TSA checkpoints.

EZ check service is worth its weight in Gold.

It was so convenient and EZ to use.

Since I learned of it I've used it after every cruise.

Why schleep suitcases when you don't have to? You ARE on vacation, right?

• 4 years later...

Not about FLL, but - for the benefit of others reading this thread who might be cruising to Alaska etc. out of Seattle, the Port of Seattle (which includes airports operating in their area) offers a FREE service for cruises ending in Seattle, to take your bags from the hall outside your cruise ship cabin straight to Seattle-Tacoma Airport (SEA) and check them through, for you to pick up at your final destination.  You must be flying out of SEA on one of these airlines in order to participate:  Alaska, American, Delta, Horizon, JetBlue, Southwest, or United.  With this service, you also receive your airline boarding pass(es) before departing the ship.  You do have to pay any airline luggage fees, as usual - no free lunch there.  But without having to tote luggage around, you can more easily take a tour of Seattle or otherwise "kill time" luggage-free until your flight departs.  You can sign up in advance, or do it via your disembarkation questionnaire form.  See here for more info:

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

Edited by QuilterGirl
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2021 at 4:26 PM, QuilterGirl said:

Not about FLL, but - for the benefit of others reading this thread who might be cruising to Alaska etc. out of Seattle, the Port of Seattle (which includes airports operating in their area) offers a FREE service for cruises ending in Seattle, to take your bags from the hall outside your cruise ship cabin straight to Seattle-Tacoma Airport (SEA) and check them through, for you to pick up at your final destination.  You must be flying out of SEA on one of these airlines in order to participate:  Alaska, American, Delta, Horizon, JetBlue, Southwest, or United.  With this service, you also receive your airline boarding pass(es) before departing the ship.  You do have to pay any airline luggage fees, as usual - no free lunch there.  But without having to tote luggage around, you can more easily take a tour of Seattle or otherwise "kill time" luggage-free until your flight departs.  You can sign up in advance, or do it via your disembarkation questionnaire form.  See here for more info:

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

Great, thanks for this info!