Is My Cruise Chartered?

cmalagngl

I am booked on the April 15, 2008 Millennium cruise the Japanese Explorer Cruise. It is almost totally sold out already. How do I find out if it has been chartered? I searched online but did not find anything. If you have been successful in the past with this type of search please share how you did it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I am booked on the April 15, 2008 Millennium cruise the Japanese Explorer Cruise. It is almost totally sold out already. How do I find out if it has been chartered? I searched online but did not find anything. If you have been successful in the past with this type of search please share how you did it.

Those cruises have been canceled by full charters in the past.

If it is chartered, you won't be going.

The only way you will know if there is a large group on board (instead of a full charter) is to google the cruise details. Celebrity will not release that information.

I assume you mean 2018? If your cruise is still showing, it probably is not being considered for a charter. It may, however, be partially chartered. It happens a lot in Asia.

All I can suggest for trying to see if it has been chartered is "friend" Google. Celebrity are unlikely to be of any help.

We had a heck of a time booking a Japanese cruise with Celebrity.

Had one on the Century that was cancelled in spring of 2015 since the ship was sold.

Second Around Japan cruise in September 2015 was cancelled due to a charter, as well as the only other Around Japan cruise two weeks following the end of that cruise.

X gave us about four options that allowed us to keep our booked prices. We picked the Japan and China cruise, which had five Japanese Ports and visited Shanghai, Taiwan ended in Hong Kong.

That cruise turned out to be excellent, we loved it.

With all the cancellations, I checked other cruise lines and Princess had a couple of cruises for Japan, but they were in the Summer. Didn't want that.

Didn't see one from HAL, but HAL may have been sold out. Didn't check RCI, I think they may have cruises out of China and or Japan.

We are booked for two Asia cruises in 2017. Both were sold out shortly after we booked - mainly due to fabulous prices of "Asia-Specials". These specials also applied for 2018. I assume your cruise is really just selling well... as our's did.

Enjoy!

sell out quickly...we have been booked for our Asia '17 for almost 2 years..and it has been sold out for most of that time...a great group of ports...and the cabins went "like hot cakes"....it has not shown up on X's website for months and months....all you can do is book it and hope for the best...a lot of concern on our R/C about it "not showing up"...but so far so good!!! LuAnn

I wonder if these circumnavigation cruises are packed with Japanese? We did an 11 day Australian cruise on the Solstice a few years back and it turned out to coincide with Australian Holidays. It was half full of Aussies. Not an issue but explained the sold out cruise.

I did a search for Japanese holidays and did not see anything around April 15, 2018. I did see that Pied Piper seems to be advertising the cruise before yours. Over all the Japanese cruises just seem very popular. Do check your roll call, for there might be something their.

I'm on that 2018 April Japan cruise and roll call is extremely active and has been for months. Basically sold out to regular cruisers. Luckily scored an Aqua aft cabin.

Princess haven't released their 2018 Asian tours yet.

Edited by Pushka

I assume you mean 2018? If your cruise is still showing, it probably is not being considered for a charter. It may, however, be partially chartered. It happens a lot in Asia.

All I can suggest for trying to see if it has been chartered is "friend" Google. Celebrity are unlikely to be of any help.

A cruise can not be "partially chartered". A charter means that someone has book the entire ship. There may be large groups on the ship and that can be an issue but having large groups does not mean a charter.

DON

The only way you will know if there is a large group on board (instead of a full charter) is to google the cruise details.

I use this site.

http://themecruisefinder.com/

I'm sure not every group is listed there, but there are quite a few :)

FYI I go to "Advanced Cruise Search" then put in the ship name (although not the complete name, like Celebrity Millennium - just use Millennium or Equinox, or Reflection, etc. For some reason it works better that way. Then start down the list of theme cruises that comes up to see if your sailing is there.

Looking at it now, I see the Pied Piper group on the April 1 2018 Millennium sailing as mentioned by bigbenboys above, but nothing for your date.

A cruise can not be "partially chartered". A charter means that someone has book the entire ship. There may be large groups on the ship and that can be an issue but having large groups does not mean a charter.

DON

And as I just posted I am on this cruise and have been able to find it on Celebrity booking site each time I've checked, as recently as last week.

DON

Apologies for my laziness. I was just using the short-hand I have seen others use on Cruise Critic because I was short of time.

I wonder if these circumnavigation cruises are packed with Japanese? We did an 11 day Australian cruise on the Solstice a few years back and it turned out to coincide with Australian Holidays. It was half full of Aussies. Not an issue but explained the sold out cruise.

Our October 25, 2015 Japan and China 14 cruise on Celebrity Millennium did not appear to be packed with either Japanese or Chinese people. Lots of Aussies, Brits and N. Americans.

Thanks everybody for responses. I am relieved that it probably is just a hot selling cruise. We booked las winter when it was first announced so we got a really good price. I appreciate the information you all provided. I guess for future reference for Asia is to book early or it might sell out. There are still rooms available for this sailing but not a lot.

Here is my review of our cruise.

It details hotels and tours we took on our pre-cruise tour of Japan as well as the cruise.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=518503&et_cid=2531924&et_rid=17221689&et_referrer=Boards

4774Papa, thank you very much for the link to your review. The information will be very helpful as we plan our Japan adventure. Much appreciated.

I met with my TA and asked her about this cruise being chartered. She checked with her Celebrity rep and the answer was not as far as I know. I think we are pretty safe that this cruise is just selling well.

Celebrity wouldn't tell the TA so there's no way for them to pass on any information other than I "don't know".