Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

On 11/21/2018 at 12:10 AM, vtcruising said:

Read the first post in this thread to see how it works. It explains it pretty well, except that they changed the 

Classic to signature and added the classic favorites. Very clear, right? 😉

I downloaded the Edge app (very cool, by the way), and for every night of my cruise the appetizer/entree etc. selection for EVERY main dining restaurant - the one that you've mentioned 75% will change nightly - is NOT ROTATING but stays the same... (?). To be clear, it appears that all dishes in all four main dining rooms are the same for all 7 nights, except 25% of them are different by the restaurant of choice - and these are, again, listed for every night the same.

Unless the menu will change in the app once the initial hoopla settles, I believe this is the way they are going to handle it. 

(Although I can't see why Edge has to have a different way of preparing the meals for MDR.... Think of the buffet in the evening in the OWCafe - it should have different choice nightly, I figure... Confusing, not upsetting, but confusing :)) 

Edited by marylander2
wrong wording

39 minutes ago, marylander2 said:

I downloaded the Edge app (very cool, by the way), and for every night of my cruise the appetizer/entree etc. selection for EVERY main dining restaurant - the one that you've mentioned 75% will change nightly - is NOT ROTATING but stays the same... (?). To be clear, it appears that all dishes in all four main dining rooms are the same for all 7 nights, except 25% of them are different by the restaurant of choice - and these are, again, listed for every night the same.

Unless the menu will change in the app once the initial hoopla settles, I believe this is the way they are going to handle it. 

(Although I can't see why Edge has to have a different way of preparing the meals for MDR.... Think of the buffet in the evening in the OWCafe - it should have different choice nightly, I figure... Confusing, not upsetting, but confusing :)) 

The app is a work in progress. the content on my app changes daily and has had several mistakes that eventually were corrected. For Luminae, all the meals are the same as well. I am quite sure they will rotate through the 14 day menu. The MDRs will  rotate through the 14 day menus (Celebrity Signature) just as they do now, with the Classic choices staying the same and the Signature Dishes staying the same in each of the 4 MDRs (each a different menu).

Stays the same in all MDRs every night:

image.thumb.png.5008c9e4a93c0a80efa910e181516bd4.png

Stays the same in  Normandie every night:

image.thumb.png.6371cef36bbe2e68afa65e4542ebd480.png

Rotates through 14 day menus  - the same in all 4 MDRs:

image.thumb.png.9d8b7443a71fc8561254401637b825bb.png

This may be helpful - it is explained in the upper right corner. 😊

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/Edge_Culinary_One_Pager_TRADE_FLYER.pdf

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 2

Thanks for the chart VT!  Have a great trip and safe travels.

One thing that surprised me is that Luminae is only open for lunch on sea days. NCL and Msc both had their suite dining rooms open for lunch all 7 days in case people stay on the ship.

Wonder if the still unseen Retreat lounge will have some type of food at lunchtime. Otherwise this would seem to be a miss on Celebrity’s side trying to create more of a ship within a ship concept for the suite area and keeping up with the other suite products.

9 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

vt-

Marilyn, when do you fly out to FLL?  Are you a complete mess by now, trying to stay sane?  I wish you the absolute BEST journey ever!

~Barbara~

I just changed my flights so we arrive at 11:15, instead of 1:40. All checked in!

I have a ton to do today, but haven't panicked yet. Just so happy that I will be onboard in about 51 hours, if all goes well. 😁

Thanks for the well wishes!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I just changed my flights so we arrive at 11:15, instead of 1:40. All checked in!

I have a ton to do today, but haven't panicked yet. Just so happy that I will be onboard in about 51 hours, if all goes well. 😁

Thanks for the well wishes!

Good move!  Getting on the Edge 2.5 hours earlier will be a treat.  Plus, we will get to see posts from you that much earlier too. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, omarchs said:

Thanks for the chart VT!  Have a great trip and safe travels.

One thing that surprised me is that Luminae is only open for lunch on sea days. NCL and Msc both had their suite dining rooms open for lunch all 7 days in case people stay on the ship.

Wonder if the still unseen Retreat lounge will have some type of food at lunchtime. Otherwise this would seem to be a miss on Celebrity’s side trying to create more of a ship within a ship concept for the suite area and keeping up with the other suite products.

At the very beginning they did every day in Luminae, if I remember correctly, but they likely didn't have enough people on port days to make it worthwhile because they stopped. I have eaten there 3 times/day and sometimes it is just too much. I like that on the Edge they have other complimentary lunch options such as Eden, with pananis and salads and the Mast Grill will have more options. They may have some bites in the Retreat, especially if the Munchie Van is there. 😉

5 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Good move!  Getting on the Edge 2.5 hours earlier will be a treat.  Plus, we will get to see posts from you that much earlier too. :classic_biggrin:

We fly out tomorrow morning (no way are we missing that ship!). Unfortunately I won't be onboard until Sunday, but I have a boat tour through Carrie B at 3 PM tomorrow, which tours the port. If all goes well I will be see my Precious up close tomorrow at ~ 3:30. I will be at the port around 10 on Sunday - T25 looks lovely and I can tour that while waiting. 🙂

• Like 2

I heard reports that the problem with the Hippie Van was that they were having a problem duplicating the MC Orange paint. I hope they straighten it out before your trip... or at least before you go back to VT.  Then again, you will be back in January, so if all else fails.... :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

We fly out tomorrow morning (no way are we missing that ship!). Unfortunately I won't be onboard until Sunday, but I have a boat tour through Carrie B at 3 PM tomorrow, which tours the port. If all goes well I will be see my Precious up close tomorrow at ~ 3:30. I will be at the port around 10 on Sunday - T25 looks lovely and I can tour that while waiting. 🙂

You sound exactly like me!  (except for the Carrie B boat tour) We drive over the day before just to be sure that there are no problems, such as car trouble or an accident on Alligator Alley, etc., and stay overnight in Ft. Lauderdale.  It makes for a much more relaxed start to the journey, and is worth every dollar spent.   Enjoy!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DachshundsRule said:

I’m guessing the chefs (and app programmers) just haven’t gotten that far ahead in menu planning. I’m on the Dec 6 mini and the Luminae menu does change each day.

I just checked and Luminae is changed to show 2 different menus on the Dec 1 cruise, except there is only 2 nights so I thought it was still the same as before. Hopefully they will feed us the 3rd night.  The MDRs are different now for the 2 nights too. 😉

4 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I just checked and Luminae is changed to show 2 different menus on the Dec 1 cruise, except there is only 2 nights so I thought it was still the same as before. Hopefully they will feed us the 3rd night.  The MDRs are different now for the 2 nights too. 😉

Well, ya know...  maybe they are trying to do you a favor by skipping a meal, seeing as how you have so many choices and will have to try them all, so you probably will totally overeat, and you need to fit into that airplane seat on the way home (especially after THREE cruises!), etc., etc.    

NOT!!!!  :classic_ohmy::classic_tongue::classic_rolleyes:

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

The app is a work in progress. the content on my app changes daily and has had several mistakes that eventually were corrected. For Luminae, all the meals are the same as well. I am quite sure they will rotate through the 14 day menu. The MDRs will  rotate through the 14 day menus (Celebrity Signature) just as they do now, with the Classic choices staying the same and the Signature Dishes staying the same in each of the 4 MDRs (each a different menu).

Stays the same in all MDRs every night:

image.thumb.png.5008c9e4a93c0a80efa910e181516bd4.png

Stays the same in  Normandie every night:

image.thumb.png.6371cef36bbe2e68afa65e4542ebd480.png

Rotates through 14 day menus  - the same in all 4 MDRs:

image.thumb.png.9d8b7443a71fc8561254401637b825bb.png

This may be helpful - it is explained in the upper right corner. 😊

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/Edge_Culinary_One_Pager_TRADE_FLYER.pdf

I am not panicking 🙂

I just feel that if they push the app and the menu and such - they should have thought about people who are first Celebrity cruisers or someones like me who is very easy to spook (looooool)

I know for sure this is NOT the right menu, but I am a bit peeved that Celebrity does such a lousy job in promoting their dining options onboard of the Edge....

On 11/22/2018 at 9:58 AM, vtcruising said:

More color for the IV's and view with overhang poles (12227)

image.png.2fd6129c26d578481a92ef003f9137fd.png

image.thumb.png.a53b8724a555a0f26a57453c3214c543.png

I noticed that there are still no curtains in these staterooms.  How is light blocking and privacy  achieved?

Also, Aqua Class staterooms have had, in the past, foot stools for the veranda's.  I take it from the photo that there is not enough room.  And that the chairs do not recline.  Unfortunately for me, the position of the stationary chairs will be hard on my back unless there is a foot stool.  I'll be using a couple of those decorative pillows behind my back for support.

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Where are you picking up your boat tour?  We have looked at booking the December 1st, Carrie B Christmas tour, that starts in Las Olas - across from the Riverview Inn Hotel.  The tour is more expensive than a regular water taxi and is goes past the larger homes...all decorated with lights.  However, we will be staying overnight near Port Everglades, and having dinner at our favorite seafood place - Southport Raw Bar.  It's near the hotel.  So if we eat at SRB, we would have to take a street taxi over to Los Olas in time to get on the 8:00pm tour.  We were wondering, instead, if we took the normal nightly Water Taxi (from under the bridge, near the Hilton) if that tour also takes us past some of the larger homes that would be decorated for Christmas.  We have taken the water taxi from that particular stop, during the summer, and it has gone by some homes.  Perhaps someone that lives nearby can give us some help. 😉

27 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

I noticed that there are still no curtains in these staterooms.  How is light blocking and privacy  achieved?

Also, Aqua Class staterooms have had, in the past, foot stools for the veranda's.  I take it from the photo that there is not enough room.  And that the chairs do not recline.  Unfortunately for me, the position of the stationary chairs will be hard on my back unless there is a foot stool.  I'll be using a couple of those decorative pillows behind my back for support.

There will be no curtains on IV cabins... they have black out blinds that are raised and lowered with the push of a button. I know there is a button near the window... but I suspect... though don't know for sure... that there will be one by the bed as well. I think the curtain is in a track to minimize light on the sides...  there have been a number of concerns about the chairs. 

Has anyone tried the tour ap? It is cool... but I seem to have trouble getting past the micro bubble demonstration. It might be taking more time to download than I allowed for... but.. someone posted that you get the new ap... look for the ear phone symbol and then you can down load the virtual tour.

8 minutes ago, kearney said:

Has anyone tried the tour ap? It is cool... but I seem to have trouble getting past the micro bubble demonstration. It might be taking more time to download than I allowed for... but.. someone posted that you get the new ap... look for the ear phone symbol and then you can down load the virtual tour.

I have had the virtual tour for a little while now, and all I get is the MC.  No option for anything else.

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

I also noticed there are no reclining loungers and foot stools on the infinite verandas in the aqua class cabins. The straight backed chairs do not look very comfortable. On previous cruises, enjoyed sitting on the balcony reclining with my feet up. Sometimes napping!!! Could one of the first cruisers report back if these are indeed the infinite veranda chairs? Also the side table in between the chairs looks very small and low, making it difficult to enjoy breakfast on the balcony. Thoughts?

Edited by carol1962

1 minute ago, carol1962 said:

I also noticed there are no reclining loungers and foot stools on the infinite verandas in the aqua class cabins. The straight backed chairs do not look very comfortable. On previous cruises, enjoyed sitting on the balcony reclining with my feet up. Sometimes napping!!! could one of the first cruisers report back if these are indeed the infinite veranda chairs? Also the side table in between the chairs looks very small and low, making it difficult to enjoy breakfast on the balcony. Thoughts?

I am pretty sure what you see is what you get... all the previous mock ups of IV cabins have had this type of chair. The verandas are a bit smaller than on S class ships... but when you factor in that it is part of the cabin.. it makes the cabin effectively larger. I agree that a reclining chair would be great... but I don't think they have the space for them. 

31 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

I have had the virtual tour for a little while now, and all I get is the MC.  No option for anything else.

That's a different app, if you're talking about the Edge VR one. The new covers the entire ship. If you're using an android phone you can install it from the Play Store here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.royalcaribbean.araudiotour