Champagne package on Oasis

Sofac870

Hello,

We'll be cruising for the first time on Oasis next week, I want to surprise my girlfriend with a bottle of Moet for her birthday, I noticed that there are two

packages available, one with rose petals for 65-70$, the description states that a bottle of Moet is included but there is no quantity specified, the 2nd package sells for 90$, description says it's a bottle of Moet and Chandon but the pictures say otherwise. I wouldnt want to pay for another brand if the description says Im paying for Moet. The fact that the champagne and rose petals package is less expensive tells me something is fishy. Has anyone ordered these packages recently?

Another question, we will be cruising with our 1 and 2 year old daughters, will we be charged 13.50$ per child for tips?

Thanks

... Another question, we will be cruising with our 1 and 2 year old daughters, will we be charged 13.50$ per child for tips?

Thanks

Yes, all guests are charged the same for gratuities, regardless of age.

That's what I thought, but it turns out that is not the case.

It was like that on Carnival, kids 2 and under no gratuities. So I will just remove them from the children's accounts once onboard.

You are going to get slammed for that, and rightfully so. Your kids will get the same attention and care as you will. More, in fact. The dining staff will go overboard at dinner. The steward will have extra work cleaning up after their snack times and their soiled diapers. Plus setting up and taking down their beds.

It is incredibly rude and stingy to refuse to pay gratuities for every member of your party sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would bring on my own and you can also bring on the rose petals. You can't bring on the real ones so it won't be the same, but you can get some bags of them at the craft stores or Walmart.

http://www.michaels.com/celebrate-it-occasions-decorative-rose-petals/M10330455.html

https://www.walmart.com/ip/White-Fabric-and-Organza-Decor-Petals-300-pkg/24634244

Edited by ReneeFLL

• 1 month later...

I didn't see an answer as to what champagne people got with the champagne and rose petals package on Royal Caribbean. The description says Moet and Chandon but the picture shows something else.

Also what day do they do this? When i put it in my cart it didn't ask me to choose a date.

Thanks!!!

We did this package about a year ago. The Champagne was veuve cliquot . They did it on first night. It was a surprise for my wife so they set it up while we were at dinner. They had rose petals all on the floor as you open the door all the way on to the bed.

Not true. guests under 2 do not pay gratuities.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This was not true on the Oasis. My daughter and son-in-law had gratuities added to their onboard account for each of them and also for the 12 month old daughter, who was on the cruise with them.