Disappointed: Anyone Ever Have This Happen? Sailing Soon & Cabin # Changed by Royal

I have a different number for the Executive Guest Relations/Advocate Offices that reached out to me also regarding a concern mentioned in a post cruise survey. That number is (305) 539-6000. After speaking with the rep she also gave me a contact number for her office of (800) 256-6649. They were very helpful and either of those numbers might be worth a shot!

I'm very sorry to read about your situation and can understand your disappointment. We had a corner aft junior suite booked for just two on our previous Brilliance cruise and we would have been extremely disappointed to lose that cabin after specifically booking it! I really hope someone is able to help you in some way! Best of Luck. :)

I was really hoping that RC would have fixed this for you by now! =( Were you able to try either of the numbers I mentioned earlier in the thread? I quote them above so they would pop back up just in case you had missed them.

Glad someone else understands..... I have been told over and over by anyone I have spoken to that the cabin I was moved to is an upgrade from an E1 to a D2 category. If you have ever been in an aft balcony E1 on a Voyager class, you know this is JUST not the case. The E1 aft cabin with the large balcony was the ultimate destination vacation, not the ports or the ship. I booked the cruise specifically for the corner aft balcony's size and the peace and quiet it offers. That is why I have been so very disappointed that the cabin was changed. If I don't book aft, I book inside. It is as simple as that. The Royal Suite would have to be an aft cabin for me to be pleased about a move. I had been so excited... now I have little desire to even go on the cruise.

I understand also. We always book that same cabin on Voyager/Freedom class and in fact the cruise we choose is based on that cabin being available. We just returned (Dec 4th) from an 8 night on Freedom in that cabin. I have been following this thread in hopes of hearing you got it back. I would continue to escalate this no matter what you have been told so far, rather than waiting to hear back from them. Also, did you post on their FB page?

One has to wonder if every cabin that berths 3 (or 4) was booked to capacity and if not, why was the OP's prime location cabin singled out?

Yes! I was wondering the same thing. There must be a different balcony they could have bumped whose occupants probably wouldn't have cared at all!

I also understand...I too had booked a deck 7 aft/corner cabin with 2 passengers (18 months in advance) because it was listed as being an available choice for me! Less than a week prior to sailing I also noticed that they had moved me. Same scenario too! They said I was "upgraded"...to a standard category D side balcony. And they admitted they had already filled my primo aft cabin presumably with 3 passengers, and there was no recourse for me. Ship was full, and I got what I got!

Like you, I went through all 5 stages of grief - denial, anger, bargaining, depression and ultimately...acceptance. Yes, I did eventually just accept things as they were, took the lemon they had handed me and made lemonade...and ended up having a superb cruise. Once onboard, I can't say that I ever even thought about my former cabin. (Okay, maybe a little) But, bottom line, go ahead a grieve your loss of that primo cabin, you need to do that...but in the end don't let this situation turn your cruise into a lemon! ;)

Move forward and have a great cruise! :)

Oh no! I'm really nervous now about our upcoming cruise (Jan 7). I'm checking everyday to make sure we still have our cabin listed. I booked through a different internet site, not directly with RCI. But I don't guess that makes a difference anyway.

Did you have "I do not wish to upgrade my stateroom" checked? After reading this thread I made sure mine was checked. Should I call or do anything else to make sure they don't take it away?

Did you have "I do not wish to upgrade my stateroom" checked? After reading this thread I made sure mine was checked. Should I call or do anything else to make sure they don't take it away?

I would login to your profile and "make sure" every once in a while... you never know when one of RCL's IT upgrades are to occur one night and magically blank out your selections.... which then I would think default to automatic upgrade!!!

Another tip:

Save a screenshot (or print it out) of your booking dashboard where it shows your name, reservation# and cabin. If you save it, email it to yourself just in case you don't back-up your device and therefore you can find it at any time.

My understanding of the C&A upgrades is that the upgrade is to the next highest type of cabin, i.e. an interior to an ocean view, an ocean view to a balcony, a balcony to a JS, etc. This is not to say that the revenue department can't upgrade one to a higher class stateroom, but that is not what is controlled by one's C&A preferences.

Oh no! I'm really nervous now about our upcoming cruise (Jan 7). I'm checking everyday to make sure we still have our cabin listed. I booked through a different internet site, not directly with RCI. But I don't guess that makes a difference anyway.

Back when this happened to me, they had not "upgraded" their website to include these options at the time. So bottom line...no, there was nothing that told them NOT to move me. So, perhaps you will be spared this agony.

But do let me say one more time...to anyone who has this unfortunate situation occur...don't let it ruin your cruise! I thought my world was ending at the time and now I can't even remember which ship it happened on! ;) And while I may not have had the cruise experience I thought I was going to have, the experience I did have ended up being awesome. :D Otherwise I would remember which ship it was where I lost my primo aft cabin! ;)

Miracles do happen!

Royal Caribbean came through! My reservation now lists the cabin I originally booked so we are back in the aft balcony cabin! :)

Many thanks to all of you who offered your insight and suggestions. I appreciate the support of each and everyone of you, and have to say that this is truly an awesome community!

miracles do happen!

royal caribbean came through! My reservation now lists the cabin i originally booked so we are back in the aft balcony cabin! :)

many thanks to all of you who offered your insight and suggestions. I appreciate the support of each and everyone of you, and have to say that this is truly an awesome community!

yes....way to go royal

Edited by Beachammo

Miracles do happen!

Royal Caribbean came through! My reservation now lists the cabin I originally booked so we are back in the aft balcony cabin! :)

Many thanks to all of you who offered your insight and suggestions. I appreciate the support of each and everyone of you, and have to say that this is truly an awesome community!

Wow! Excellent outcome!

Who at RC was finally able to make this happen?

Reading back what I missed...I hadn't thought about it being caused by a GTY situation. But as a party of three I've only seen a W GTY (is that the right letter for a jr suite or above?)

Yes, the "W" is a JS or better.

Miracles do happen!

Great news indeed !! Sooo happy for you!! Enjoy your cruise :)

Miracles do happen!

Excellent news. Glad to see RC has a human side even if we have a few members who haven't! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miracles do happen!

That's great news.

Miracles do happen!

Woo hoo!! Very happy for you. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Reading back what I missed...I hadn't thought about it being caused by a GTY situation. But as a party of three I've only seen a W GTY (is that the right letter for a jr suite or above?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, never seen a GTY for 3-people on a regular cabin either

Miracles do happen!

Yes miracles still happen!!! So happy for you!! Hope you have a wonderful cruise and a Merry Christmas!!!!

Miracles do happen!

So awesome!!! Way to go patriotgirl! :D

I think some RCL magic karma dust got spread on to you once Bonnie Voyager appeared on this thread... gotta love the great info and support many of the experienced CC'ers give us here :D

(edit: and regardless of a mistake or purposeful/targeted change, kudos to whomever at RCL for getting this mess back to normal and definitely the way it should be)

Edited by Hoopster95