Cheers! Program

jrob86

Hello,

I am going out on my first cruise and trying to decide on doing the Cheers! program aboard Carnival. Me and my wife will be cruising and I will be the only one really drinking alcoholic beverages. She may drink one or two. Would I really be coming out better by not getting the package?

thanks!

Welcome to Cruise Critic. The best place to ask this would be on the board dedicated to Carnival.

With that being said, Carnival requires all people over 21 in the same cabin to purchase Cheers. So unless you think you will drink enough to make it worthwhile, it might be best to just go a la carte.

Hello,

I am going out on my first cruise and trying to decide on doing the Cheers! program aboard Carnival. Me and my wife will be cruising and I will be the only one really drinking alcoholic beverages. She may drink one or two. Would I really be coming out better by not getting the package?

thanks!

It doesn't sound like it would be worth it for you. In order to break even you need to drink 6 mixed drinks a day, every day. If she is only drinking one or two a day then you'd have to pick up that slack since as mentioned you both have to purchase the plan.

Thanks! I was kinda feeling this way too. How about regular non-alcoholic soft drinks and etc.?

Not quite sure of the question but soda, specialty coffees, milkshakes and bottled water are included in Cheers, so that could sway you to thinking it worthwhile if she drinks enough of those to kind of close the gap a little. They do sell a soda card for all you can drink soda that only one of you have to buy (if purchased on board).

Also depends on what ship you go on. We could barely break even, don't really drink enough. But we decided to do the drink package on the Sunshine due to them having EVERY bar the cruise line has with all the drink options available just about. So we got to try sooo many things without an added cost which made up for it, like the Shake Spot I think its called. Even got soda cans to try from Mexico :)

Edited by Ellusionz