Guaranteed Cabin assignments.

Anniexrec

We booked an inside guarantee on the escape.....they have already given us our cabin which is an inside straight after we booked. is there any chance we could still get upgraded nearer the time? Or is this definitely our cabin now. I've always picked my cabin b4 so not really sure how guarantee works after you have been given your cabin number! Any info would be great :) just living in hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked an inside guarantee on the escape.....they have already given us our cabin which is an inside straight after we booked. is there any chance we could still get upgraded nearer the time? Or is this definitely our cabin now. I've always picked my cabin b4 so not really sure how guarantee works after you have been given your cabin number! Any info would be great :) just living in hope!

you can upgrade but you gotta pay

Did you book via NCL? I booked a Balcony Guarantee and the price dropped significantly, so much so that the Mini-Suite Guarantee was lower than what I paid. I called NCL up and they switched me to Mini-Suite Guarantee for no cost. If you booked via NCL or PCC and the price dropped, then call them up and give it a try.

Edited by Kilmar

Did you book via NCL? I booked a Balcony Guarantee and the price dropped significantly, so much so that the Mini-Suite Guarantee was lower than what I paid. I called NCL up and they switched me to Mini-Suite Guarantee for no cost. If you booked via NCL or PCC and the price dropped, then call them up and give it a try.

I assume you hadn't been assigned an actual cabin yet.

I assume you hadn't been assigned an actual cabin yet.

I was actually assigned a balcony room on Deck 11 extreme forward starboard a few weeks after purchasing BX. About a week after that, I noticed a sharp price drop and MX was actually cheaper than what I paid for BX, so I called and they switched me to MX after being on hold for 20 minutes for a supervisor consultation. Received new room number (MA on Deck 14) 2 minutes after hanging up.

Edited by Kilmar

Thanks for your help. We have booked direct with NCL but in the uk, and we don't seem to get price drops like in the US? I am keeping an eye though & will call them a week or 2 before to see if anything is available. We are happy with an inside but a balcony would be a bonus if we could get one! At the moment the balcony price seems to be going up if anything!

Thanks for your help. We have booked direct with NCL but in the uk, and we don't seem to get price drops like in the US? I am keeping an eye though & will call them a week or 2 before to see if anything is available. We are happy with an inside but a balcony would be a bonus if we could get one! At the moment the balcony price seems to be going up if anything!

If you're on the 1/15 cruise, you're right. I see the prices for balcony went up. Actually, it went up today! I would check around 2-3 weeks before embarking. That's when the prices for my cruise started to go down I assume because rooms weren't filling fast enough.

Edited by Kilmar

If you're on the 1/15 cruise, you're right. I see the prices for balcony went up. Actually, it went up today! I would check around 2-3 weeks before embarking. That's when the prices for my cruise started to go down I assume because rooms weren't filling fast enough.

Thank you, will call them maybe at the beginning of January & keep my fingers crossed!! After all if you don't ask you don't get :)

Don't be in a hurry. You get a better upgrade closer to the sail date. We booked a balcony guarantee 12 days out on our cruise on the Getaway and received our room 2 days later. We landed up with an aft balcony on the 9th deck with a huge balcony. We talked to someone else on board who booked a week out and they also got an aft balcony. They don't assign those good rooms until close to sail date.

Don't be in a hurry. You get a better upgrade closer to the sail date. We booked a balcony guarantee 12 days out on our cruise on the Getaway and received our room 2 days later. We landed up with an aft balcony on the 9th deck with a huge balcony. We talked to someone else on board who booked a week out and they also got an aft balcony. They don't assign those good rooms until close to sail date.

Oh my word, I would LOVE an aft balcony! Sounds amazing! I will leave it until close to sail date, fingers crossed the ship won't sell out then we might have a good chance! Thank you for your advice :)

Hi, we're on the same TA Getaway cruise in April. We booked a BX in June and found our cabin assignment 3 weeks ago on MyNCL. We're really okay with a mid-ship angled balcony on Deck 12 but, of course, there's always a spa balcony to dream of (with a little bit of luck). Balconies have been sold out for quite a while but some will drop out when final payment is due and you could get a balcony or ov. Will cross my fingers for both of us on good upsells!

Hi, we're on the same TA Getaway cruise in April. We booked a BX in June and found our cabin assignment 3 weeks ago on MyNCL. We're really okay with a mid-ship angled balcony on Deck 12 but, of course, there's always a spa balcony to dream of (with a little bit of luck). Balconies have been sold out for quite a while but some will drop out when final payment is due and you could get a balcony or ov. Will cross my fingers for both of us on good upsells!

Sorry, I think I have confused things, the guarantee inside we have booked is for January on the escape....so not long to go. Me & my mum have a studio room booked each on the TA, I did think about trying to upgrade but that sailing seems like a very popular one so I doubt we will now! But we have connecting cabins so that will be nice. It's our first TA too so we're excited! And my mum has never stayed in a studio b4 so I'm hoping she will like it! Good luck with your upgrade though, will keep my fingers crossed for you :) it would be nice to log on & get a nice upgrade surprise one day!

So we will be cruising in January on the Getaway. Guaranteed cabin. 38 days out. Curious on when we will get our cabin assignment. Will we find out soon?

Sometime between the time you posted your question and when you arrive at the port. There is not rhyme or reason behind when they allocate GTY cabins.

I wish I had a better answer for you but that is just how it is.

The odds are that you are in your cabin and will not be moved, unless you pay for an upgrade.

• 10 months later...
My wife and I are booked on the Norwegian Epic December 2-9, 2017 for Poker Challenge. Does anyone have have poker challenge free cruise with free poker tournament entry(ies)? Please advise. Thank you.

You posted a reply to an old topic about guaranteed cabins. If you would like answers to your question you should create a new thread under the Norwegian board with a title reflecting poker tournaments and this message in the subject. Anyone who clicks on this topic probably won’t know the answer to your question and may not even get to it once they realize how old the thread is.