Post Office

WISH84

On your turnaround day in FLL, you will not be allowed to take anything off the ship. Although you will have to get off to zero down the ship, and go through immigration, you are not going through customs until the end of your cr

Onuise(s). Not even dirty laundry. So plan your shopping accordingly, knowing that you will a) not be allowed to mail them home from FLL so that you won't have to carry them home on the plane; b) Anything you mail from a Caribbean port will likely not arrive until Valentines Day. EM

One of ou b-tob's in FLL, we left the ship to go to a nearby hotel, sit at their pool and have lunch. they know us well so we expected to be wlcOMED and were. When we weR ready to leave the terminal. a customs agent saw I was carrying a HAL tote bag. aLL IT CONaTINED WAS KLEENEX, SUN LOTION, A HAIRBRUSH AND A BOOK. He took a fasgt look saw what I was carrying an said fine. He was quite clear if I ha d anyhthing VALUABLE OR THAT WOULD require a declaration, I would not have been permitted but he was fine with the few things I had qwhicxh obviously wrew for usehat day sitting in the Florida sun shine. :)

For those that need first hand stories to blieve our experiences, there you go. :)anecdotal.

Edited by sail7seas

I would not go this far, but do agree the USPS is not what it use to be....even with tracking and priorty... it will get there eventually but not when they tell it will... I now mail packages and cards a week before I would have normally in the past.

Well I agree that it doesn't get there when they tell you, but my experience is that it usually gets there sooner than they claim. I am very happy mailing things at the last minute and never have any arrival issues.

One of our b-tob's in FLL, we left the ship togo to a nearby hotel, sit at their pool and have lunch. they know us well so we expected to be welcomed and were. When we were ready to leave the terminal. a customs agent saw I was carrying a HAL tote bag. aLL IT contain3ed was, SUN LOTION, A HAIRBRUSH AND Apapaperback BOOK. He took a fast look saw what I was carrying and said fine. He was quite clear if I had ANYTHING vaLUABLE or tHAT WOULD REQUIRE declaration, i would not haVe bEEN permited but he was fine with the few things I had q WHICH obviously ERE for usethat day sitting in theFlorida sun shine. :) I did not even bring a towel as I KNEW WE could get towels AT THE hotel.

For those that need first hand stories to believe our experiences, there you go. :)anecdotal.

All that can be gleened from your experience is that you have to clear customs when you leave the ship, which a number of people have already mentioned.

I would disagree. I feel that the U.S. Postal Service does and outstanding job and has very reasonable prices.

While I do not want to get into the Post Office versus UPS/FedEx argument,I believe that the Post Office package tracking system is not as good as the tracking systems from UPS/FedEx. When I order stuff from Amazon and it is shipped by FedEx/UPS, their tracking system provides me with detailed data on where it as at any time. The system from the Post Office is not as good.

DON

On your turnaround day in FLL, you will not be allowed to take anything off the ship. Although you will have to get off to zero down the ship, and go through immigration, you are not going through customs until the end of your cruise(s). Not even dirty laundry. So plan your shopping accordingly, knowing that you will a) not be allowed to mail them home from FLL so that you won't have to carry them home on the plane; b) Anything you mail from a Caribbean port will likely not arrive until Valentines Day. EM

Why would this be the case ? Especially if what was talked about on another thread is true - that you can disembark on your own, you don't have to be with the "group". You could walk off with the rest of the pax with luggage stuffed with gifts. Walk to the UPS store (there is one near the port), send the gits home, come back and hand off your luggage to the porters then embark again as a transient pax.

We have d one dozens of b-to b and always went of the ship on turnaround day on our own and never with the wholegroup.

Edited by sail7seas

One of our b-tob's in FLL, we left the ship togo to a nearby hotel, sit at their pool and have lunch. they know us well so we expected to be welcomed and were. When we were ready to leave the terminal. a customs agent saw I was carrying a HAL tote bag. aLL IT contain3ed was, SUN LOTION, A HAIRBRUSH AND Apapaperback BOOK. He took a fast look saw what I was carrying and said fine. He was quite clear if I had ANYTHING vaLUABLE or tHAT WOULD REQUIRE declaration, i would not haVe bEEN permited but he was fine with the few things I had q WHICH obviously ERE for usethat day sitting in theFlorida sun shine. :) I did not even bring a towel as I KNEW WE could get towels AT THE hotel.

For those that need first hand stories to believe our experiences, there you go. :)anecdotal.

Did he say that you would not have been allowed to take it off at all or just that you would have been required to declare it?

DON

All that can be gleened from your experience is that you have to clear customs when you leave the ship, which a number of people have already mentioned.

It must interest you or why comment? There is more to the message.

Your OP said "we've purchased" not "we're going to purchase whilst on the cruise". If that's the case, just mail them now from home before you go on the cruise. Why would you want to take them with you to mail from where ever you're at?