Just Embarked the Equinox. IMPRESSED!

ChucktownSteve

ChucktownSteve,

We were on the Equinox three weeks ago as well. Very nice ship, had an excellent cruise. World Class Bar before dinner and Martimi bar after dinner. Definitely try World Class Bar, not a full bar, limited menu, but very good drinks, some with interesting preparation/presentations. They can make other drinks if they have the ingredients. If you like gin have Jellena (Yellena) make you an Aviation, gin, creme de violet, luxardo liquor and lemon juice, excellent. Tell her Jay from Thanksgiving cruise recommended it. The Martini Bar was excellent, wait till Catalin pours multiple martinis, he's the best bartender on the ship! Tell him Mr. Tony Stark said hello, he will remember me. We loved the ship so much we booked another cruise while on board! Happy Cruising!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have the premium package in February and wondered if the drinks at World Class Bar were covered or if you have to pay anything over $13?

We have the premium package in February and wondered if the drinks at World Class Bar were covered or if you have to pay anything over $13?

Well, look at it this way -- if you have the Premium package and the drinks were $14 or $15, then it would only cost you a buck or two + the gratuity.

Martinis are covered at the Martini Bar with that package, I would be surprised if the bar drinks are not covered at the World Class Bar.

Chucktownsteve,

Thanks for update. We were on equinox 3 weeks ago and enjoyed it so much. The bartenders in Martini bar are Ricardo and Catalin who always say when you order.." Excellent Choice" ! Top shelf bartenders. Im sure they remember my wife and I well. We were on Constellation with you in February..

Enjoy your cruise!!

Sorry I missed you three weeks ago. I got here as soon as I could. ;)

I noticed Mr. Excellent choice the first night. He's a very good bartender as several have pointed out.

Earlier in the night I commented on the internet speed. Oops, I spoke too soon. lol

IMG_1575_zpsubkxezef.jpg

It came back a couple of hours later.

An interesting Elevator button module.

IMG_1580_zpsfnjj8qtt.jpg

The DJ booth at Qusar bar/club

IMG_1582_zpsbhh2uyur.jpg

My cabin has a double set of doors shutting off two cabins from the passageway. I discovered them shut this morning. It's an interesting concept. Not all alcoves appear to have the double set. I'm just off the slanted hump.

IMG_1574_zpsnjgbzgx1.jpg

This is the line of people waiting to get into the restaurant for breakfast.

IMG_1579_zpsdts84bxn.jpg

I've taken some pictures of the menus this morning. I'll have to download them from my phone later and see how they turned out.

We're about 1/3 way between FLL and San Juan but our first port is St. Thomas Monday.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

I asked at the World Class Bar what was the best Johnny Walker that's covered under the Premium package. She said Gold and double Black. All you will pay if you want a more expensive drink is the difference over the limit

The buffet handles a lot of people with their various station islands.

IMG_1569%202_zpsum82stp0.jpg

They know how to do omelets on the Equinox. One person takes your order, writes the ticket and the cook can make up to seven omelets at one time.

IMG_1571%202_zpsflgzfofl.jpg

The Oceanview Buffet also has a full bar.

IMG_1568%202_zpslo6uguxa.jpg

I like how they request you vacate your seat when done. These are on all the tables.

IMG_1567%202_zpsljnm1lm7.jpg

We will be sailing our first S class (Eclipse) next month. We have cruised on the M class five times. I keep wondering if there will be no turning back. Is there no turning back for you? ETA: We will also be AQ. Also, I read quickly and thought you were just getting off the ship. I guess it is a bit too early to ask you if there is no turning back, lol.

Marie

Marie,

I can definitely see the differences in decor and updating of the S vs. M classes. When we were on the Summit this past August, my opinion was that she is aging and getting tired compared to our previous Summit cruise.

I believe it's not a matter of turning back or not because we pick the sailings based upon itinerary and price/value. If an M class sailed where we wanted to go, I'd probably book it. All that being said, I now much prefer the S class.

Cafe al Bacio was staffed with six people this morning when they opened at 6:30. The bars have more staff too. So even though there are more people cruising, service is pretty fast.

I can't wait to hear more. I'll be on Equinox in June - only my 2nd Celebrity Cruise and 1st time on S-class. Last time we had the classic package, this time we'll have premium. I'm going to try SO MANY drinks!!!

Thank you for posting details!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we were on Eclipse, all drinks at World Class were covered by our premium package.

We're also aboard the Equinox right now and had a few drinks at World Class Bar last night. The menu is slightly different than the menu we had on Silhouette in March. Less drinks available. There are about 3 or 4 drinks that cost $15 and we did see the bartender charge someone the $2 difference for their drink. So it apparently varies a bit from ship to ship.

Another fan of Equinox here. We sailed on her last March for 10 nights and will be on the 11 night cruise, out of Miami in Sept., for my birthday. We found the ship to be in immaculate condition, the food in the Oceanview was excellent and I can't say enough good things about the food and service in Luminae. But the best part was the crew. I don't ever recall a crew that was as professional, pleasant, and eager to please as the Equinox crew.

Please keep posting pictures as it is a pleasant reminder of how wonderful the ship is.

We were on Equinox for the Oct 3 Med cruise out of Barcelona, and a January 2016 cruise before that. Each voyage was outstanding. The first mention of Mr. "Excellent Choice" brought a smile to my face. One tip when it's crowded in Cafe al Bacio: If the bar has a line, simply sit at a table. The service is super fast and you can still order to go! (our little secret)

I can't wait to hear more. I'll be on Equinox in June - only my 2nd Celebrity Cruise and 1st time on S-class. Last time we had the classic package, this time we'll have premium. I'm going to try SO MANY drinks!!!

Thank you for posting details!

Anyone know if Grey Goose is available in the classic package?

We just sailed out of FLL and it couldn't have been smoother. This is the first S class ship I've been on and all I can say so far is WOW. Before I sailed Century Class and Millennium class.

Embarkation FLL at Pier 18 could not have been smother. The ship is beautiful. I found my favorite bar so far; its the Martini Bar. (have premium drink package.) Someone turned me onto the Cucumber Martini. Never had such a good drink for smoothness and refreshing.

The cabin is better than AQ on an M class. I love the shower doors and storage spaces. So far I can't find anything to complain about or even find amiss.

I hate to sound like a cheerleader because I'm not usually that. However It's a beautiful ship with so far great staff.

Despite the fact that we disagree about....um everything, I hope you have a wonderful trip!

The three main servers at the Martini Bar are:

Alin (the bald guy) who's the senior Flair Bartender

Catalin (everyone's favorite including mine) Flair Bartender

I Made (don't ask me why he's named that.)

I slipped Catalin a couple of 5's. He's quite the showman. But so is Alin. It's fun to watch them compete for accolades. :D I'll upload a picture of them later.

The internet was extremely slow this afternoon because apparently everyone was on it. They're drinking, at the show or dinner now.

I went to the Corning Glass Museum show this morning. Fun! Here are a couple of pics.

IMG_1583_zps0jpis5qn.jpg

IMG_1591_zpsss7e5hob.jpg

Here is one of the live entertainment in the Atrium

IMG_1599_zpsdafhkgyr.jpg

I also made a error in my Christmas decorations posting. The pictures were taken from deck 5 not 4.

Thanks again to the OP and others adding their Equinox comments. We're aboard the Mardi Gras sailing in a corner Sky Suite and already considered ourselves a little spoiled. We normally do Royal Caribbean and this would be the newest ship we've ever traveled on, and also our longest wait to sail as we booked this one Christmas 2014. 70-some days to go? I remember 700-some days to go!

I took these restaurant menu pictures from the postings outside the restaurants. The lighting is rather low so I don't know if you can read them. If you download them, you may be able to zoom in to see more details.

Murano. It's the most expensive speciality restaurant at $50pp.

IMG_1600_zpszfrwfoqz.jpg

Silk Harvest is the least expensive at $35.

IMG_1601_zpss0rjbm9j.jpg

IMG_1604_zpsxf7abver.jpg

Tuscan is in the middle at $45pp.

IMG_1603_zpsciyuzmwo.jpg

Here's the Blu menu tonight.

IMG_1602_zpss13wegj3.jpg

Tonight was the first Evening Chic. Some men wore tie/jacket. Most didn't. You had the full gambit although I didn't see any shorts or flip flops. :eek: Everyone fit in just fine.

Tonight we turn the clocks ahead one hours. So far still nothing to really complain about. My TA's and the cruise line's OBC were on my tv account today so I can buy my DW some nice earrings.

My cabin has a double set of doors shutting off two cabins from the passageway. I discovered them shut this morning. It's an interesting concept. Not all alcoves appear to have the double set. I'm just off the slanted hump.

IMG_1574_zpsnjgbzgx1.jpg

You had what's called a "connecting cabin." Obviously you were connecting with the cabin next door. Family I assume. That's why it's different from the other alcove staterooms. They wouldn't have shut the outer wooden doors unless you asked them, as they can stay open and the cabins can remain as non-connecting, stand-alone cabins.

Reflection is the only S-Class ship where cabins connect in the bulkhead between the two cabins. All the other S-Class ships "connecting" cabins connect out in the passageway where double doors cordon off the little alcove.