Just Embarked the Equinox. IMPRESSED!

ChucktownSteve

The Captain knows how to do a K turn when we backed out departing St. Thomas. Good thing he didn't get too close.

IMG_1668_zpsrkgp8ozc.jpg

The Pilot boat coming to pick up their Pilot.

IMG_1671_zpsrhb3kr89.jpg

Here are a couple of ads placed inside the Celebrity Today.

IMG_1670_zpssqkswrfx.jpg

IMG_1669_zpsrlkfiu94.jpg

Everything is a "deal" where they mark it up to put it on sale. I did take advantage of a complimentary two minute massage just outside the buffet on the way to the elevators. She recommended an 80 minute massage for only $158 because we were still in port. If it had been more reasonably priced I probably would have done it but because Celebrity has to take such a big cut from the vendor, makes it pretty pricey compared to what you get landside.

Here is a picture of the "Passion Duo" playing in the atrium before dinner. That is a great venue because the music fills the various atrium deck levels. Much better than the disco DJ.

IMG_1675_zpsknjbozti.jpg

Here's St Thomas evening Blu menu.

IMG_1676_zpsncdcik6l.jpg

And the MDR one.

IMG_1673_zpsgq9fkcg5.jpg

I had the grilled asparagus salad and the everyday salmon. Nothing on the menu really grabbed me. Food was again ok. Nothing wrong with it. However there is no wow anymore that I've seen. It's almost like they've dumbed down the food to entice you to do the specialty restaurants. For dessert I had the Tiramisu. It was very good.

One of the things I've noticed about select dining is that the servers while efficient, take your order, deliver your order and are gone. There is really zero personality interaction so far as I experienced in the past with fixed seating.

The Patriots game was on in the Gastro Pub. There were a couple of die hard fans obviously.

IMG_1677_zpsx76pgwlf.jpg

Tonight's show was Broadway. The second number in one of the singers did a medley from The Jersey Boys. He was NO Jersey boy. I was raised there and saw the show on Broadway. I wish the singer had more depth and range. But the good thing was that the audience really liked his performance. After the next singer came on, I thought it was time to go watch the back of my eyelids. So I headed to my cabin.

I awoke about 4ish and scanned the onscreen options. I found room service. Many of the main dishes were only served until 11pm. There is a $4.94 service charge to order between 11pm and 5am. I found this opening screen showing 24 hour ordering.

IMG_1678_zpslejnx08s.jpg

But check out the bottom right. 24 hours to Celebrity apparently is only 10:30am to 5am.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Wondering about internet speed? I took the speed test very early in the morning before anyone else was awake.

5874074437_zpshu3311gu.png

I find the worst times to try to use the wifi in my cabin is after people have returned on board and before dinner.

However it is faster than it used to be before Xcellerate.

;

Chucktown steve,

Enjoying review but you got any time for cruisng with all the updates? Much appreciated.

How are the seas?

Larry

The seas this morning were very smooth. And even more so now that we're docked. ;-)

Thankx for your concern, but you'll notice many of my postings are in the middle of the night when nothing is open. It really doesn't take long to download the pics from phone to photobucket. and do the links. So I'm not spending as much time as it appears.

Besides, I'm enjoying doing this thanks to the positive remarks from posters such as you and the several others. Plus I have the time since my spousal unit isn't on board. Just spoke with her for about 20 minutes. So we're all good there.

Here's a pic of us coming into St. Kitts.

IMG_1685_zpsy2raasnv.jpg

That was from Cafe al Bacio about 6:30 where I was the second person waiting for the coffee.

IMG_1689_zpscw8lrpme.jpg

IMG_1688_zpss3oxsnk8.jpg

IMG_1687_zpsba1qrm1p.jpg

View from my cabin while docked

IMG_1691_zpsqx3rs98y.jpg

IMG_1690_zpsvjttwnbo.jpg

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Since you are sailing alone did you book as a single and get double points?

Should be 100 points - 1/3 of Elite in ONE CRUISE !!!! WOW !!!

Exactly. I paid double thus received double Club points for 100! My TA gave me go best and I wound up with $450obc ($150 OBR). That's the only reason I sailed solo was to get the double points. This cruise put me over into Elite so when my DW and I sail next month she also travels elite for 14 days. If she joined me, I wouldn't have hit elite until the Aamara cruise.

Plus when I return, I'll be Discoverer on Azamara and will request the upgrade at the higher club level.

I have a really great boss who lets me take off for this cruise and the others!!!!

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Exactly. I paid double thus received double Club points for 100! My TA gave me go best and I wound up with $450obc ($150 OBR). That's the only reason I sailed solo was to get the double points. This cruise put me over into Elite so when my DW and I sail next month she also travels elite for 14 days. If she joined me, I wouldn't have hit elite until the Aamara cruise.

Plus when I return, I'll be Discoverer on Azamara and will request the upgrade at the higher club level.

I have a really great boss who lets me take off for this cruise and the others!!!!

What is OBR?

What is OBR?

Refundable On Board credit. That comes from the travel agent. If you don't spend it, the credit goes to your credit card of sailing. The $300 OBN comes from Celebrity and is non refundable. It's use it or lose it.

You can follow your balance on the TV account. They draw down the OBN first and then from the OBR. I usually stop at the OBN being zero and take the credit for OBR. Guess my DW is going to get some jewelry later. :)

Edited by ChucktownSteve

My starboard side view is not blocked by another ship although there are four in port today. I went to breakfast. Here's my view. Good thing that shirtless old man didn't stand there the whole time.

IMG_1700_zpsyc4xpmas.jpg

I've never had bangers before. So why not try them. I like the crunch of the casing and the flavor of the inside. There was no mash though.

I though it was funny the way the Brits and the Yankees view words with opposite meaning. In the UK Bangers are sausage while in the US it could be considered a "stud"

In the US, shagging is a dance in Myrtle Beach. Well you know what it means in the UK. :cool:

The two big boys were side by side. Celebrity Equinox (left) and P&O's Azura (right). One small ship was at a distant dock while the other one tendered.

IMG_1713_zpstvcubjno.jpg

St. Kitts shopping area at the port.

IMG_1709_zps3t9wwn3e.jpg

In Celebrity Today they say, "BEWARE OF MONKEYS" We strongly recommend to stay away from vendors carrying monkeys as they will encourage the monkeys to jump on you and then charege if you take a picture. They have also been known to bite and can break the sking causing bleeding and pain.

IMG_1711_zpsfo1k4nrq.jpg

Although that didn't stop a lot of people from doing just that. I tried not to take a picture of the tourists but just the monkey men waiting for more victims. If you look closely, you'll see them holding the monkeys. One guy had three of them. The guys in those green shirts all had monkeys.

Those of you who have sailed Celebrity are familiar with the next picture.

IMG_1714_zps9ymw8e1m.jpg

that's the cool drinks of water; plain, orange or lemon. Then comes the iced wash cloths before you re-board.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Here's another pic of the monkey men.

IMG_1710_zpspkd7w3kg.jpg

We just set sail from St. Kitts on the way to Barbados. The Captain did this without the assistance of a Pilot. He just backed up, looped a left then passed the anchored Regent ship. These are the sailaway views from my cabin.

IMG_1715_zpss9ddlrj0.jpg

IMG_1718_zpsnprckbxq.jpg

Edited by ChucktownSteve

I like this cabin's bathroom more than the M Class Aqua Class bathroom.

This shower and shower door IMHO are better. First, these shower doors slide in a curved rail instead of two swinging doors that either block the bathroom or crowd you in the shower.

I prefer the shower head instead of the jets in the AQ cabin. The swivel head works better than the other. Both have the foot bar which is very convenient. And the storage on the Equinox is much more convenient instead of three corner glass shelves.

IMG_1696_zpsz9gcfjx3.jpg

IMG_1698_zps4ysolmmv.jpg

IMG_1697_zpshhl6vlzn.jpg

IMG_1695_zpsnt6xvzow.jpg

There is one electrical over the sink adjacent to the cabinet on the ceiling. It is only two prong and says it's for shavers only.

IMG_1694_zpsuefmtsvv.jpg

And here is the desk's electrical outlets.

IMG_1692_zpsj3fgq1me.jpg

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Steve....

Just a bit of clarification. Are you sure that the non-refundable OBC is used first? I always thought the refundable is used first, thereby ensuring that most OBC not used would remain with Celebrity as it's non-refundable.

Steve....

Just a bit of clarification. Are you sure that the non-refundable OBC is used first? I always thought the refundable is used first, thereby ensuring that most OBC not used would remain with Celebrity as it's non-refundable.

OBN = On board credit/Non-refundable - this is used first!

OBR = On board credit/Refundable - this is used last!

Steve enjoying your review. Hope you are enjoying your cruise as much as we are enjoying hearing about it. We will be on Summit in Feb. and then Equinox in Sept. We also met you on the Constellation in Feb. 2016. Good to hear from ya. We still talk about the roulette pull that you and Gopher did. Much more fun than a slot pull. Enjoy the rest of you cruise! Susan and Jimmy

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

Steve....

On every cruise I've been on, they always debited the OBN before the OBR. You can check it daily on your TV account. But if you need a second opinion, there are many experienced cruisers who will be happy to share the answer with you. :D

Steve enjoying your review. Hope you are enjoying your cruise as much as we are enjoying hearing about it. We will be on Summit in Feb. and then Equinox in Sept. We also met you on the Constellation in Feb. 2016. Good to hear from ya. We still talk about the roulette pull that you and Gopher did. Much more fun than a slot pull. Enjoy the rest of you cruise! Susan and Jimmy

Hiya Susan & Jimmy,

Yes Gopher did a great job on the roulette "pull". I was just his helper. That was much better than the slot pull because they can put you on a tight slot but they can't alter the wheel. I made more money back than any slot pull previously. I wish more roll calls would do it.

This had been a great cruise. I'm happy to share. I'm very impressed with this ship and crew. TYVM for your post.

Well it looks like not enough people have gone to bed yet. :eek: They must be on the wifi.

5876746079_zpsdqbolgr6.png

I'll just wait until I wake up in the middle of the night and nothing else to do since Cafe al Bacio won't be open. Speaking of which, here is one of my favorite crew there.

IMG_1686_zpsrmvoaqj1.jpg

She's always smiling and very friendly.

Then there's CD Damian and Justin.

IMG_1680_zpsuovyvsgb.jpg

I forgot to mention earlier on the Pic of the two ships docked side by side. The Equinox draft was 92ft while the P&O ship was drafting only 80ft.

Edited by ChucktownSteve