Just Embarked the Equinox. IMPRESSED!

ChucktownSteve

You had what's called a "connecting cabin." Obviously you were connecting with the cabin next door. Family I assume. That's why it's different from the other alcove staterooms. They wouldn't have shut the outer wooden doors unless you asked them, as they can stay open and the cabins can remain as non-connecting, stand-alone cabins.

Reflection is the only S-Class ship where cabins connect in the bulkhead between the two cabins. All the other S-Class ships "connecting" cabins connect out in the passageway where double doors cordon off the little alcove.

That makes sense, however I don't know the people next door. But they are good looking. ;) However we didn't "connect." rofl All they had to do was knock on my door and introduce themselves. :cool:

My cabin attendant asked me if I wanted it closed after he found it closed this morning and I said not necessarily. Maybe they closed it.

We're also aboard the Equinox right now and had a few drinks at World Class Bar last night. The menu is slightly different than the menu we had on Silhouette in March. Less drinks available. There are about 3 or 4 drinks that cost $15 and we did see the bartender charge someone the $2 difference for their drink. So it apparently varies a bit from ship to ship.

You're welcome to share your other opinions of your cruise if you'd like. I won't feel as if you're hijacking it. I'm just sharing my initial observations as a newbie S classer for those fixin' to sail her for the first time..

ChucktownSteve,

The Martini Bar was excellent, wait till Catalin pours multiple martinis, he's the best bartender on the ship! Tell him Mr. Tony Stark said hello, he will remember me. We loved the ship so much we booked another cruise while on board! Happy Cruising!

OK this is gonna make your day. I mentioned Mr. Tony Stark said hi and he immediately put this huge grin on his face and gave me a high 5.

I no longer have to ask for a drink. Just walk up and wait patiently for him to recognize me which is fairly quickly. He doesn't need my card any more. He's repeatedly looking to see if I need service. He is the consummate professional bar tender. He observes everything and makes drinks extremely quickly with flair. I've had several very good bartenders. So far he leads the list and it's only been one day!

Here's the menu at Silhouette for the first Chic night. I really enjoyed the liver pate. The small duck breast, however while tasty, was tough. I also ordered the shrimp scampi hold the pasta. I received six shrimps. Also very tasty.

IMG_1617_zps3ahk03ft.jpg

On the way to the show, the Ocean Blue Quartet played in the atrium. The house band had lots of people dancing.

IMG_1618_zpsduvzcfsn.jpg

This evening's show was called "Life." It started out slow for me. Not tempo just not liking it. However it kicked into gear and I wound up really liking it. First I noticed how high the ceiling was compared to the M class ships. This allowed the three male aerialists to do some really interesting maneuvers.

I found the dancer's choreography to be very high energy and very tight. There were entertaining dance moves. The voices harmonized extremely well. IMHO the show was a huge success with me and the audience.

Following the show, Muted Martinis filled the Martini Bar with people wearing the headsets playing three different tracks. I tended to like the salsa beats best. You could tell who was listening to which channel by the lighted color of the headset...red, green, blue. It was a lot of fun. You've got to do it if it's on your cruise.

IMG_1629_zpsueftcpgl.jpg

Here's a pic of Alin (the bald one) and Catalin.

IMG_1607_zpsemlcwa5k.jpg

Oh and here's a random shot of the elevator venue listing.

IMG_1578_zpsrazzaqr1.jpg

My first ever room service order was delivered at 6:30am. They called about 1 minute before the knock on the door. The food and coffee were all hot. The coffee is definitely a couple of notches below Cafe al Bacio but drinkable since I didn't have to leave my cabin. The eggs were cooked properly.

Another hit and so far no misses on this cruise.

People who know me are probably wondering if I'm sick with dementia or some alien force has taken over my body. They're not so used to me being this way. :eek:

Can you tell me who are the bartenders at the world class bar please? Also try the zacapa old fashionned :)

I haven't stopped there for a drink while they were open. I'll try to do that tonight.

Speaking of tonight, the show will be Gareth Oliver. He was described as a Ventriloquist comedian by the CD last night who finished runner up in a Britain's Got Talent. I just watched a clip on YouTube where Simon X'd him within a couple of seconds so Gareth's dummy made a derogatory joke about Simon. Looks like he could be funny tonight.

Would you ask I Made ( That is actually on his name badge) if he was on the Silhouette this summer? We sailed Silhouette this last May in the Baltics and I Made was the bar tender at the Martini bar. For my 60th birthday he set up a poor of martinis at different levels(I poured them all at once) that was a treat and celebration. Would you ask if he will be there in February when we sail Equinox? Thanks

That makes sense, however I don't know the people next door. But they are good looking. ;) However we didn't "connect." rofl All they had to do was knock on my door and introduce themselves. :cool:

My cabin attendant asked me if I wanted it closed after he found it closed this morning and I said not necessarily. Maybe they closed it.

Why have those outer doors closed? You'd just have to use your seapass twice to enter your stateroom. :confused: That configuration is best used for Mom & Dad in one room, and kids in the next.

Really enjoying your great review.

Here's a pic of Alin (the bald one) and Catalin.

IMG_1607_zpsemlcwa5k.jpg

Thanks for posting this picture of Alin and Catalin! Alin was one of our favorite bartenders on a post-holiday cruise on the Constellation right after Christmas in 2014, and Catalin was our favorite bartender summer 2015 while aboard Equinox. My wife likes a certain martini, and he tweaked the recipe making it even better...he called it the "Mrs. Ann" martini...it is 3 parts raspberry vodka, 1 part elderflower liquor, and the juice of half a lime. He added a couple muddled raspberries which took it to the next level. If you think of it, please ask him if he remembers...we'd love to know.

Looking at your pics, we are jealous. Enjoy your cruise, and keep on keeping us posted! Our cruise fever is growing--we are on Summit in 2 weeks!

Why have those outer doors closed? You'd just have to use your seapass twice to enter your stateroom. :confused: That configuration is best used for Mom & Dad in one room, and kids in the next.

Really enjoying your great review.

Thank you for enjoying the review. I don't know why it was that first night but it's been open since. I realized it was a tad inconvenient to use the key twice but it was kinda kewl the first morning. Not so much if it continued. :D

Postcardjar: I'll ask this evening.

raprice18: I'll see what I can do on the menu

countess5: I'll ask when I see him.

After a hearty room service breakfast, I took a nap. When I awoke it was raining. You probably know what that means on a sea day. There wasn't a seat to be had in the buffet. Good thing I wasn't hungry. :)

But there wasn't a seat in Cafe al Bacio either. So I grabbed my Americano and wound up in the Ensemble lounge. The hallways are crowded. They set up sale tables along the shops. Rare to find a lady walk by without stopping at least to look.

Here's a map of our Itinerary.

IMG_1631_zpsidul4xsh.jpg

The lunch menu in Silhoutte

IMG_1632_zpsh08qayj7.jpg

And the dinner menu tonight in Blu. I noticed that there is obviously more space for the additional passengers than on the M class when we were in Aqua. There are three/two tops along the window. They still have the white rose motif.

IMG_1633_zpsst2rsybu.jpg

IMG_1634_zps5uudnq6l.jpg

IMG_1636_zpskq1wyxs0.jpg

Edited by ChucktownSteve

We will be sailing our first S class (Eclipse) next month. We have cruised on the M class five times. I keep wondering if there will be no turning back. Is there no turning back for you? ETA: We will also be AQ. Also, I read quickly and thought you were just getting off the ship. I guess it is a bit too early to ask you if there is no turning back, lol.

Marie

We've sailed on both the Equinox and Solstice several times, as well as on the Infinity. While we love the S-class ships, we still have no problem jumping aboard the M-class ships ... we love them, too!! They are quite a bit different and love them both for very different reasons.

I stopped by Celebrity Central on 4 where they were having a discussion on snorkeling at the islands. That's a nice size room without taking up the huge theater.

IMG_1638_zps5s0nibev.jpg

In my wandrings, I stopped in the men's room outside Celebrity Central. I found this rather interesting sign above the urinal and can relate. My DW and I like to joke, "We're spending their inheritance."

IMG_1637_zpsqyhwpvmt.jpg

My further meandering brought me past the Gastro Pub where all the speciality restaurants were filling the area with sample cooking. Smart selling technique.

I wound up booking the Silk Harvest for 6:30 @$20. The server kept telling me after he wrote it down...DON'T eat lunch, don't eat lunch. Apparently there's going to be a lot of food? We'll see.

I've been searching for a special deck on this ship but haven't found it thus far. So I'll show you my favorite deck from a previous sailing on the Century Class ship, the Mercury. :eek:

Deck%2014%20Celebrity%20Mercury_zpse40ylcrl.jpg

:D

Edited by ChucktownSteve

My wife likes a certain martini, and he tweaked the recipe making it even better...he called it the "Mrs. Ann" martini...it is 3 parts raspberry vodka, 1 part elderflower liquor, and the juice of half a lime. He added a couple muddled raspberries which took it to the next level. If you think of it, please ask him if he remembers...we'd love to know.

I asked him and he had to stop and think but as soon as I said three parts raspberry, he smiled and remember. Then he said he invented that drink. He says hi.