My Time Dining - best times to go - best times to avoid

5 in OK

Need some advice. ....We will have seven in our party for the Breeze in a few days and have MTD for dinner. My goal is for everyone to come together at least for dinner each day.

What time would be best to gather them up to head down for the best wait time and when should we avoid going?

We are not exactly traveling with the most patient of ages (20, 21, 22, 24, 24 - yikes that does sound scary doesn't it!? ).

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

We choose early seating because we like a long night after dinner, before bedtime. Both my daughter and I like the idea of eating at 7 so we have from 8:15 until... whatever hour to do night and late night activities. Others may choose differently based on their own lifestyle. The two times we were STUCK with "your time" dining were both free cruises courtesy of Carnival so I really can't complain. What I CAN complain about is twice that Carnival stuck us with a single mom with teenage child close to my child's age (I'm a single dad). At a table for four. As if they were trying to set us up to be the Brady Bunch. Disgusting in that both times the dinner conversation was not casual, but more about relationships and similar :eek: topics by the other party, and it wasn't just me, my daughter also wanted nothing to do with the other (male) teen. Carnival, don't do that.

Why not do traditional seating? That way, your time is the same nightly, so no guesswork from you group...and the table is WAITING for you....

With groups we have had major problems getting people there on time.

We choose early seating because we like a long night after dinner, before bedtime. Both my daughter and I like the idea of eating at 7 so we have from 8:15 until... whatever hour to do night and late night activities. Others may choose differently based on their own lifestyle. The two times we were STUCK with "your time" dining were both free cruises courtesy of Carnival so I really can't complain. What I CAN complain about is twice that Carnival stuck us with a single mom with teenage child close to my child's age (I'm a single dad). At a table for four. As if they were trying to set us up to be the Brady Bunch. Disgusting in that both times the dinner conversation was not casual, but more about relationships and similar :eek: topics by the other party, and it wasn't just me, my daughter also wanted nothing to do with the other (male) teen. Carnival, don't do that.

Had several situations like this as well, example two Muslims and a fellow from China, we were the only couple that spoke English :eek:

Need some advice. ....We will have seven in our party for the Breeze in a few days and have MTD for dinner. My goal is for everyone to come together at least for dinner each day.

What time would be best to gather them up to head down for the best wait time and when should we avoid going?

We are not exactly traveling with the most patient of ages (20, 21, 22, 24, 24 - yikes that does sound scary doesn't it!? ).

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

If they are not patient then go tom the buffet.

Had several situations like this as well, example two Muslims and a fellow from China, we were the only couple that spoke English :eek:

"Muslim" is not a nationality--it's a religious designation. Plenty of Muslims speak English, including the millions of Muslims in the U.S. Perhaps you should have stated their country of origin or the language they spoke.